Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 12:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro-life atheists
RE: Pro-life atheists
(May 21, 2014 at 3:10 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: Lol did I read that right a few posts up? A fetus doesn't grow?

I don't whether to laugh or be sad that some of you have convinced yourselves of the lies of the pro-abortion extremists.

All life has a beginning point. Your opinion doesn't negate that biological fact.

Deidre my love, yes of course a fetus grow, inside of its mother's womb. The point was just like a sperm cannot become a fetus without the egg and the uterin wall, a fetus cannot become a baby on its own. If you have a fetus outside of a womb it will not grow in its own.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
What a really sad thread. :/
(May 21, 2014 at 3:10 pm)BlackSwordsman Wrote: This logic is so flawed.

Contradicting your narrative that a clump of cells is a person doesn't make it flawed logic.

KUSA Wrote:I agree with you here but what would you call this?

Pretty messy.
(May 21, 2014 at 3:25 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote:
(May 21, 2014 at 3:10 pm)BlackSwordsman Wrote: This logic is so flawed.

Contradicting your narrative that a clump of cells is a person doesn't make it flawed logic.

KUSA Wrote:I agree with you here but what would you call this?

Pretty messy.

Take a Biology class.

A clump of cells, is life.

Here is an into to Biology.

Enjoy Smile

ASU School of Life Science: Biology Lesson

The ball is now in your court.
(May 21, 2014 at 3:22 pm)Losty Wrote:
(May 21, 2014 at 3:10 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: Lol did I read that right a few posts up? A fetus doesn't grow?

I don't whether to laugh or be sad that some of you have convinced yourselves of the lies of the pro-abortion extremists.

All life has a beginning point. Your opinion doesn't negate that biological fact.

Deidre my love, yes of course a fetus grow, inside of its mother's womb. The point was just like a sperm cannot become a fetus without the egg and the uterin wall, a fetus cannot become a baby on its own. If you have a fetus outside of a womb it will not grow in its own.

I know but it is the way life is. No pun. The reason I lean pro life (and I hate that phrase because it implies I'm anti abortion which I'm not) is that I think it has a very dark side that comes with it. Not just for the woman who undergoes one but also for society. We don't believe a fetus has rights. It can't have rights technically because it can't live on its own, true. Or grow on its own. But that creates a slippery slope.

Where we start to view life in terms of only if someone can sustain it on their own.
When does life begin? I guess that becomes the question.

That's all I'm saying. Sad

I've had friends who've had abortions who still struggle after over a decade of making their decisions. There is a dark side to it. For society as well

I guess we just feel the way we do about this topic. Sad
(May 21, 2014 at 1:35 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(May 21, 2014 at 1:32 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Sorry for mixing up the names. A fetus and a tire are not on the same level. One is currently growing into a fully formed human. The other is not currently growing into a car.

Actually, a fetus independent of anything else, as we've confirmed we're discussing, isn't growing at all. It's most likely dead. Just as a tire, independent at a minimum a person to construct the car, also isn't doing anything. For both to reach the level of human/car, they need outside interference from at least one person. The equivalency stands.

I guess I'll just have to step out then, because we don't seem to understand each other. The thread is kind of going too fast for me anyway.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(May 21, 2014 at 3:30 pm)BlackSwordsman Wrote: The ball is now in your court.

Take a reading class. I said that the clump of cells isn't a 'person'.
Has anyone else noticed - likely the ladies have - that the majority of the most outspoken anti-choicers are male?
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 21, 2014 at 3:30 pm)BlackSwordsman Wrote: A clump of cells, is life.

So is bacteria. You gonna stop disinfecting your stuff now?

Deirdre Wrote:Where we start to view life in terms of only if someone can sustain it on their own.

You're kinda describing the world we currently live in, there: if a person is dying and can't sustain their own life, we don't force organ donation on the unwilling to cover for the deficiency. Granted, we understand that it's not ideal, we recognize it as something we'd prefer not to happen, but in every other case we respect the autonomy of other beings over the life of someone who cannot sustain their own existence. Why the sudden exemption for the pre-born?

I fully understand being squeamish about this, and I get that it's a moral grey area. I think you'll find that most of us pro-choice dudes and dudettes are also pro-life in the sense that we respect life enough to want to enhance it where we can, but it strikes me as incredibly strange and myopic to have this be the only soft spot where we'd even entertain the possibility to binding another person into this kind of arrangement against their will. You wanna talk about slippery slopes? That's one right there. The slope slides both ways, if we don't remain rational about this.

We can recognize the gravity of this issue without falling prey to emotional reactions. It's okay to discuss it in factual terms alone; it's a medical procedure, after all.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(May 21, 2014 at 3:30 pm)BlackSwordsman Wrote:
(May 21, 2014 at 3:25 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: Contradicting your narrative that a clump of cells is a person doesn't make it flawed logic.

Pretty messy.

Take a Biology class.

A clump of cells, is life.

Here is an into to Biology.

Enjoy Smile

ASU School of Life Science: Biology Lesson

The ball is now in your court.

Cancer is also a clump of cells, therefore life.

Let's save cancer!
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Pro voter tips. Gawdzilla Sama 0 175 October 21, 2020 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why is it so hard to reason with pro-lifers? Dingo 32 2379 October 12, 2020 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Dingo
  Black Lives Matter is not anti racist, but pro marxist Ramus932 25 2202 June 14, 2020 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Samantha Bee - Pro Life? Bullshit. Minimalist 0 772 May 24, 2016 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pro-Clinton Super PAC Caught Spending $1 Million on Social Media Trolls ReptilianPeon 12 2691 April 27, 2016 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Thousands march in DC for pro-life rally Creed of Heresy 3 968 January 22, 2015 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Debunking pro-death penalty arguments Dystopia 2 2071 January 2, 2015 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Lucanus
  Why I Am Pro-Life orogenicman 322 92422 August 1, 2013 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: sarcasticgeographer
  Awsome pro cannabis legalisation activism! Something completely different 5 1987 July 15, 2013 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Pro-Birth vs Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice Savannahw 42 7647 June 19, 2013 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: callahan24