Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 1:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moon Landing: Fake or Real?
RE: Moon Landing: Fake or Real?
And with that, I'm done. I gave you the floor and an open mic and this is how you react. I don't appreciate having my attempts to be nice thrown back in my face.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
One other Point that I don't think this thread has touched on is that both sides hid their failures. While the US failures eventually came to light, they were not known at the time of the launch and still not known by the superficial populace.
Maybe Pscho hasn't seen all of the failures that led up to the Apollo success.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Indeed. There's a reason the first actual landing mission was Apollo 11, not Apollo 1.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 17, 2014 at 7:03 am)Stimbo Wrote: Indeed. There's a reason the first actual landing mission was Apollo 11, not Apollo 1.

The US did not in fact cover up any significant failures during Apollo. They were headline news. Two notable failures were the inboard fire that killed the crew of Apollo 1, and the wrongly specified switch that blew up Apollo 13's service module. It may not have trumpeted all nonglamorous technical problems on the front page, like pogo oscillation, premature engine shutdowns, electrical failures, etc, but they were not hidden and easy for anyone who cares for facts rather than merely hearing their own opinions to find.

In fact, saturn and Apollo owe their good success rate to the most lavish funding(compared to objective and real technical challenge), and most thorough and comprehensive testimg of any space flight system ever devised. Soviets tried to do the something 90% as technically ambitious overall (more ambitious in some areas) on 1/4 the budget in 1/2 the time. As a result, they had 4 launch failures out of 4 tries. Each of them failed for a specific reasons which NASA had addressed because they were uncovered during NASA's much more extensive tests.

The soviets did in fact cover up all 4 launch failures, terminated the program before a fifth launch attempt could be made, thoroughly destroyed all remaining rockets on assembly line, and never acknowledged the program existed until the fall of Soviet Union.
Just to clarify and for the record - my earlier “indeed“ referenced the existence of failures prior to 11, not that there were cover-ups. I don't want anyone thinking I have special aluminium headgear of mine own.
(June 17, 2014 at 6:58 am)Brakeman Wrote: Maybe Pscho hasn't seen all of the failures that led up to the Apollo success.

Psycho chooses what information he wishes to believe in order to match his "gut" opinion. Any information he doesn't have usually is because he's rejected it or decided to remain purposely ignorant in order to claim he hasn't seen sufficient evidence to change his 'opinion' - regardless of whether or not his opinion actually matches facts.

Thank goodness facts aren't dependent on opinion.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

-- The Doctor
(June 17, 2014 at 12:07 am)psychoslice Wrote: ... but my gut feeling keeps telling me it just didn't happen, and that's all it is, its just my own opinion, but I will not be spoken to by idiots [and cut]

"It's just my opinion, you're all idiots and mean old poopoo heads for not agreeing with me!"

You fuckin' retard...

You come up and express a dumb-fuck opinion and then you start getting butthurt over people saying you're expressing a dumb-fuck opinion.

Persecution complex, much?

People have called me out on stupid opinions I've had in the past, and I know when to man up and admit that what I said was stupid and/or erroneous. It's not hard to sit down and read information and measure it up to the observed world. You clearly have made no effort whatsoever to do that. You believe whatever crackpot conspiracy hypotheses you hear, apparently, and then spew it forward. For someone whose religious views bracket reads "They have no proof" you sure seem to believe shit without proof. What, exactly, was simple about the moon landings? What, exactly, shows with overwhelming scientific evidence, that vaccines cause autism? The proof that can be submitted against your stupid-ass beliefs would be akin to dropping Mt. Kilimanjaro on top of a bunny hill, respectively. Either accept your opinion is bullshit, that reality does not tango with it, and man up and admit you're wrong, or shut the fuck up and keep your stupid silly shit to yourself, because failure to do either will result in you being scorned and insulted, and rightly so.

Deal with it.
(June 17, 2014 at 11:17 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote:

Well you can think what you want, but I'm still sticking to what I said, and no dickhead here is going to change that, I said my piece and if you don't like it you can kiss my ass.
(June 17, 2014 at 5:46 pm)psychoslice Wrote: Well you can think what you want, but I'm still sticking to what I said, and no dickhead here is going to change that, I said my piece and if you don't like it you can kiss my ass.

Seriously, if no one can change your mind about this, how does this differ from faith in the least bit?

And how does that comport with what you claim in the information about your religious beliefs? ("Religious Views: they have no proof")

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Russian lunar lander added to the number of known craters on the moon. Anomalocaris 17 1320 August 21, 2023 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Moon is part of Mars Anomalocaris 79 7275 June 17, 2019 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Science Channel, Jupiter, and it's moon Io. Brian37 6 1393 July 9, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  SpaceX moon trip 2018 Alex K 25 4097 March 4, 2017 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Moon Landing conspiracy lifesagift 117 16526 December 31, 2014 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  moon landing hoax? xxxtobymac 65 13354 November 5, 2013 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Full Sun - Half Moon? Jiggerj 30 7314 October 27, 2013 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  I want me a printed moon house. downbeatplumb 8 3671 February 2, 2013 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  While the US is fighting over the debt, China is planning to go to the moon little_monkey 20 10919 January 4, 2012 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake