Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
moon landing hoax?
moon landing hoax?
I know that there is a lot of conspiracy theorist out there. but there is one type of people really disturbs me. and these are the people who believe the moon landing didn't happen, that it was all filmed on a green screen set. now with this idea that it didn't happen what repercussions on our society, could this lack of belief if it spreads even wider cause?
Bill Maher: If you believe that the world is going to come to an end - and perhaps any day now - does it not drain one's motivation to improve life on earth while we're here?
RE: moon landing hoax?
The thing is - if it really didn't happen how come the Russians never mentioned it?

The whole thing was a PR stunt to put the Soviets in their place. If there had been the slightest hint it didn't really happen every Commie rag would have been full of it for years.

Seems to me - it happened. I watched it on TV in the middle of the night with my Dad - I was four.
the reason why I ask is my girlfriend believes that the moon landing didn't happen. but that is a good point..
Bill Maher: If you believe that the world is going to come to an end - and perhaps any day now - does it not drain one's motivation to improve life on earth while we're here?
You mean like what if definitive proof surfaced that it was indeed faked?

In our current time and with our attention spans, probably nothing. The money is gone, the co-conspirators are elderly or dead, and the American fervor that was nuclear war fed is no more. I think finding out Abe Lincoln was a woman would have more fallout nowadays.
(September 11, 2013 at 2:43 pm)xxxtobymac Wrote: the reason why I ask is my girlfriend believes that the moon landing didn't happen. but that is a good point..

It's worth noting that people who are willing to believe grand conspiracies of that order appear easily convinced of those things they wish to be true, and impossible to convince of those things they do not.

It does little good to try, other than as intellectual exercise.
(September 11, 2013 at 2:43 pm)xxxtobymac Wrote: the reason why I ask is my girlfriend believes that the moon landing didn't happen. but that is a good point..

Hell, if she's that easily convinced of BS, tell her semen is good for her figure, but only if ingested daily.
(September 11, 2013 at 2:27 pm)xxxtobymac Wrote: I know that there is a lot of conspiracy theorist out there. but there is one type of people really disturbs me. and these are the people who believe the moon landing didn't happen,

They don't disturb me nearly as much as those who would have us prostrate ourselves before the effigy of the dead failed carpenter who showed every indication of nasty mental doseases in order to be "saved" to a eternity of disgraceful infantalism
(September 11, 2013 at 2:49 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:

It's worth noting that people who are willing to believe grand conspiracies of that order appear easily convinced of those things they wish to be true, and impossible to convince of those things they do not.

the sad part is my dad also believes the same idiocy and I get double teamed when it comes to the debunking the creationist story.
(September 11, 2013 at 2:55 pm)xxxtobymac Wrote:
(September 11, 2013 at 2:49 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: It's worth noting that people who are willing to believe grand conspiracies of that order appear easily convinced of those things they wish to be true, and impossible to convince of those things they do not.

the sad part is my dad also believes the same idiocy and I get double teamed when it comes to the debunking the creationist story.

People will defend things they are personally invested in to the point of lunacy.

Just sayin'.
It really sucks when someone you really like suddenly reveals that they believe in a conspiracy theory though. Sad I always try to convince them otherwise and then regret it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Russian lunar lander added to the number of known craters on the moon. Anomalocaris 17 931 August 21, 2023 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Moon is part of Mars Anomalocaris 79 6582 June 17, 2019 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Science Channel, Jupiter, and it's moon Io. Brian37 6 1284 July 9, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  SpaceX moon trip 2018 Alex K 25 3720 March 4, 2017 at 10:16 pm
  [Past|Present|Future] Timetravel - Hoax? ErGingerbreadMandude 66 13580 July 8, 2015 at 12:47 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Moon Landing conspiracy lifesagift 117 15302 December 31, 2014 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Moon Landing: Fake or Real? BlackSwordsman 293 40799 August 21, 2014 at 12:32 pm
  Full Sun - Half Moon? Jiggerj 30 7028 October 27, 2013 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  I want me a printed moon house. downbeatplumb 8 3600 February 2, 2013 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  While the US is fighting over the debt, China is planning to go to the moon little_monkey 20 10646 January 4, 2012 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake