Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 1:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK General Election 2010
RE: UK General Election 2010
(May 7, 2010 at 9:42 pm)bozo Wrote:
(May 7, 2010 at 9:36 pm)Tiberius Wrote: A lot can change in a year.

Why not admit you're right wing, always were?
Erm...because I wasn't. I don't tend to admit to things that I know are completely false. Just because myself and Eilonnwy (I believe you had a go at her too) weren't your kind of "left" doesn't mean we weren't left-wing by the usual definition.

I posted my honest political compass result back then [1], and you chided that you were "lefter than [me]" [2]

So these were my political views back in January 2009:

[Image: pcgraphpng.php?ec=-2.75&soc=-5.38461538462]

These are my views today:

[Image: pcgraphpng.php?ec=7.88&soc=-5.69]

You can disbelieve it if you want; I don't care, it doesn't affect me in the slightest. You'll just be completely wrong.
[Image: pcgraph.png]

(coz I didn't play last time around)
Quote:You evidently haven't seen any working class areas in England then

I have actually ,in London,Leeds and Coventry to name a few.(outer suburbs of Cambridge are pretty depressing too)

Quote:Additionally, since when did your class depend on where you live?

Oh please. Every city has areas identified by class. In London say Soho or Shepherd's Bush vs say Chelsea (upper class) or Kew (middle class) That doesn't mean everyone living in a class associated area is necessarily a member of that class, only that it is likely. (especially in class conscious Britain)
(May 6, 2010 at 5:00 am)Tiberius Wrote: Well, I voted for the Conservatives twice (Council and General). Who did you vote for? If you couldn't vote, who would you have voted for? If you didn't vote, why not?

...and finally, will you be watching the results show or are you not that bothered?
Originally I send off a postal vote for Plaid Cymru, the damn thing was returned to sender (myself) for some bizarre reason, apparently there was some kind of clerical error to blame. Later on I tried to get time off work to get down to the polling station; my line manager allowed a generous 30 minutes away from the office but by the time I got there the queue was already somewhat off-putting.

All for nought in the end; I know I'll get the book thrown at me for saying this, but my effort was just so half-arsed, I’ve honestly have no passion left for this democracy anymore, especially not after the MP expenses' row. Personally Adrian, I would have voted for a complete reform of the current system, not just a general election.

(May 6, 2010 at 12:08 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I don't know why voting BNP is somehow an exception. Not all the BNP are racist cunts; some of them are actually just pro-English, voting for the only Nationalist party they have available to them (well, at least in their area).
I suppose the majority people who vote for BNP are actually concerned about the Home Office's general lack of control over our borders, to the point where the word 'British' seems to mean nothing to anyone anymore. Personally I'm not racist and neither are my foreign friends from India and China, we all get on relatively fine in fact we don’t even acknowledge our nationalities half the time, but even they appreciate and recognise that integration of foreigners into society is far more crucial than continued mass-immigration - if immigrates can't, or won't, speak English and/or Welsh, nor will they contribute into our system, then they honestly have no business being here in the first place.

One of my pet hates is foreigners living here for ten years or more and still not being able to speak a word of English/Welsh, it really grates me when councils cater to their every whim by placing multilingualism road signs for them; not to mention the tax-payers have to pay out for interpreting services and costly translators just for their benefit. Angry

If the Conservatives vowed to force everyone seeking British citizenship, asylum or wanting to work here short/long term to speak the native indigenous languages I'd vote for them in a heartbeat, even after the legacy Margaret Thatcher left behind here in Wales.
Welsh cake, re. your pet hate about immigrants not bothering to learn the host country language, ex-pat Brits abroad are notorious for doing just that!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(May 7, 2010 at 1:57 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote:
(May 7, 2010 at 5:22 am)leo-rcc Wrote: The fact you even read that statistic means there is some political implication is it not? Why else acquire those statistics?

I didn't seek out the statistic because I didn't even know it existed until I found it. How could I seek it out beforehand?

I wasn't talking about you but the paper acquiring that data. Fox hunting is a topic of discussion in British Politics as it even
made the news in the Netherlands.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Had to share this:

From the Weekend Australian :

NICK GRIFFIN,British National Party leader failed to win a seat,depriving us of the opportunity of being able to refer to him as 'the member for Barking'

------PADDY ASHDOWN ,erstswhile leader of the Liberal Democrats declared;

" The country has spoken,but we do not know what it has said"
http://ruletheweb.co.uk/b3ta/gordy/gordy.swf
Shame he didn't do more for the down-trodden when he had the chance!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
So, the dirty deal is made. The LibDem high command is joining the tories and helping to deliver what the majority of the uk doesn't want...a tory prime minister and a tory government propped up by a reluctant bedfellow. Clegg, Cable and the rest of course will get the high profile jobs, cars and perks that go with them, whilst huge numbers of Libdem supporters will be bitterly disappointed.
Meanwhile the Labour party will have its leadership election which will see another right-wing careerist triumph and the cycle will begin again.
Beam me up Scotty.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1194 65447 Today at 1:49 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 862 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5676 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1565 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1139 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Good News from yesterday's election. Brian37 14 2194 November 9, 2018 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Brian37
  "Securing America’s Election Act" Has Gotten Little To No Media Attention ReptilianPeon 20 2507 August 2, 2018 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Should Hilary Run In The Next Election (The Unbiased Version) Amarok 67 9845 July 25, 2018 at 9:51 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Fucking Republicunts Won The Special Election Out Here Minimalist 3 804 April 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  2018 Ontario Election (FUBAR) Amarok 11 1339 March 11, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Amarok