Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 4, 2024, 5:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Day will come as a trap on all the world
RE: That Day will come as a trap on all the world
Just driving by...
[Image: cowboy%20gun%20shooting%20smiley.gif]
(September 18, 2014 at 9:42 pm)RobZombi Wrote:
(September 18, 2014 at 9:22 pm)Beccs Wrote: I repented last night - three times.

Jesus still didn't come to pat me on the head and say "good girl".

Sad

The heart of repentance and turning toward Jesus involves trusting Christ as your savior, turning from your sins in your heart, resisting sin, then filling the temple of your soul with holiness, righteousness, and all things of Almighty God. Now we can see that you did not do that. No one scoffing has.

Ask me if I care.
(September 18, 2014 at 9:42 pm)RobZombi Wrote:
(September 18, 2014 at 9:22 pm)Beccs Wrote: I repented last night - three times.

Jesus still didn't come to pat me on the head and say "good girl".

Sad

The heart of repentance and turning toward Jesus involves trusting Christ as your savior, turning from your sins in your heart, resisting sin, then filling the temple of your soul with holiness, righteousness, and all things of Almighty God. Now we can see that you did not do that. No one scoffing has.

Yes, the key to repentance is utter nonsense.

I don't have "sins" in my heart. Atriums, ventricles, blood, etc. But no sins.

And I've looked at other peoples' hearts - literally - and seen nothing like that.

(September 18, 2014 at 9:43 pm)ShaMan Wrote: Just driving by...

Drive-by bullshit.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(September 18, 2014 at 9:51 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(September 18, 2014 at 9:42 pm)RobZombi Wrote: The heart of repentance and turning toward Jesus involves trusting Christ as your savior, turning from your sins in your heart, resisting sin, then filling the temple of your soul with holiness, righteousness, and all things of Almighty God. Now we can see that you did not do that. No one scoffing has.

Yes, the key to repentance is utter nonsense.

I don't have "sins" in my heart. Atriums, ventricles, blood, etc. But no sins.

And I've looked at other peoples' hearts - literally - and seen nothing like that.

(September 18, 2014 at 9:43 pm)ShaMan Wrote: Just driving by...

Drive-by bullshit.
Cynicallity won't save you, it's only good to soothe your rebelliousness but I'm telling you friend, it's temporary, you are not going into nothingness when you pass but instead you will "open your eyes to " your spiritual realm, the quotations are the words of the verse in Luke which will describe you if you die in your sins.
This is eternal, don't gamble with your soul. And you all call us fools. The funny thing is after all your cynical, belittling, elitist, smarter and better than you, patronizing, egotistical, humiliating, disrespectful remarks, the Spirit of God does not wish you any harm but only that you turn to Jesus. If and when you do you will understand the hate that you show now.
Oh no, the threats are back!

"If you don't believe in my version of my religion you'll all burn."

"All you have to do is open your eyes and you will see the glory of <insert name of imaginary friend here>"

Religion? Been there, done that. Most likely more devout than you.

Provide us with testable, verifiable evidence of your god and I'll consider changing my mind.

Evidence does not include:

- Appeals to ignorance (I don't understand that therefore god!)
- Personal experiences (I once saw . . .)

Rebellious? Always the same nonsense, isn't it? Why are you rebelling against Odin ALLFather?

And, finally, don't call me friend in an empty attempt to create some sort of connection between us. I'm not your friend. You don't know me. I don't know you and, frankly, judging by the statements you've already made, I wouldn't want to be your friend.

(September 18, 2014 at 10:35 pm)Beccs Wrote: Oh no, the threats are back!

"All you have to do is open your eyes and you will see the glory of <insert name of imaginary friend here>"

Provide us with testable, verifiable evidence of your god and I'll consider changing my mind.

Rebellious? Always the same nonsense, isn't it? Why are you rebelling against Odin ALLFather?

And, finally, don't call me friend in an empty attempt to create some sort of connection between us. I'm not your friend. You don't know me. I don't know you and, frankly, judging by the statements you've already made, I wouldn't want to be your friend.
you see, this is the rebel within you. Those who do not agree with the gospel are not only disagreers but they are enemies of the gospel according to the scriptures so I am not judging you but the scriptures are and I am not trying to befriend you, I am showing respect which you can take or leave.
Man, reach down and grab your nuts. If you're going to make death threats and insult people - at least try not to blame -that- on god too.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 18, 2014 at 10:46 pm)RobZombi Wrote:
(September 18, 2014 at 10:35 pm)Beccs Wrote: Oh no, the threats are back!

you see, this is the rebel within you. Those who do not agree with the gospel are not only disagreers but they are enemies of the gospel according to the scriptures so I am not judging you but the scriptures are and I am not trying to befriend you, I am showing respect which you can take or leave.

So, you can repeat the nonsense but not provide requested evidence?

Standard procedure.

If you keep to the scriptures, do you agree with Leviticus where it states that it's an abomination for man to lie with man?

And if your answer is yes, do you also hold the other parts of Leviticus, too? The parts that say other things are an abomination?

(September 18, 2014 at 10:50 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(September 18, 2014 at 10:46 pm)RobZombi Wrote: you see, this is the rebel within you. Those who do not agree with the gospel are not only disagreers but they are enemies of the gospel according to the scriptures so I am not judging you but the scriptures are and I am not trying to befriend you, I am showing respect which you can take or leave.

So, you can repeat the nonsense but not provide requested evidence?

Standard procedure.

If you keep to the scriptures, do you agree with Leviticus where it states that it's an abomination for man to lie with man?

And if your answer is yes, do you also hold the other parts of Leviticus, too? The parts that say other things are an abomination?
You show you no understanding of the scriptures. The abomination of homosexuality is reiterated in Romans and other parts of the NT. There are Levitical laws which were expounded for their own good but for you who is a scoffer and does not know the whole of scripture will mock a priori. Learn the whole of scripture before you make railing accusations. What does the NT say about food set before you when you are about witnessing? You don't know do you? You're an atheist but if you were a believer in god you'd be a Pharisee.
(September 18, 2014 at 11:00 pm)RobZombi Wrote:
(September 18, 2014 at 10:50 pm)Beccs Wrote: So, you can repeat the nonsense but not provide requested evidence?

Standard procedure.

You show you no understanding of the scriptures. The abomination of homosexuality is reiterated in Romans and other parts of the NT. There are Levitical laws which were expounded for their own good but for you who is a scoffer and does not know the whole of scripture will mock a priori. Learn the whole of scripture before you make railing accusations. What does the NT say about food set before you when you are about witnessing? You don't know do you? You're an atheist but if you were a believer in god you'd be a Pharisee.

So, you go in a completely different direction and refuse to answer the questions put to you?

Again, a common tactic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1466 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2797 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Chris Brown should be come a Christian Tarasoft11 15 2600 September 7, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. SavedByGraceThruFaith 2761 780863 September 6, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How Long Will Christians Wait for the End Time to Come? Rhondazvous 237 37506 September 3, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 70802 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  'it will come back to you' Longhorn 23 5149 June 20, 2015 at 11:52 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Christians Come to the Waters... daver49 2 1272 March 20, 2015 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why Christians come to atheist forums watchamadoodle 112 25536 March 17, 2015 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  And Hells come back to haunt me themonkeyman 515 228735 April 15, 2014 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: snowtracks