Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 6:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Day will come as a trap on all the world
RE: That Day will come as a trap on all the world
Your god doesn't own me, and I don't see his name on any deeds or titles in my immediate vicinity. Something went horribly awry in your upbringing, clearly. I can't stress enough how disgusting your position is. If heaven will be filled with people who hold this position - as you do, no amount of earthly misery will be able to tip the scales in favor of it. I'd rather be dodging molten dildos or whatever the fuck jesus has in store for us down here on this rock than be human chattel.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Wait a pitton cocking minute - why is the rest of the world being punished for the 'sins' of America? Not just the national leaders, the general public as well? Less Sodom and Gomorrah, more Sod You and Gone Tomorrah.

Jeez, these fundies can be so insular at times.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 20, 2014 at 2:37 pm)professor Wrote: The three great sins of America which are flaunted in God's face every moment of the day are:
1) The rejection of the Creator God

.. is a judgment which was actually CHOSEN by the majority of the people.

Funny how all of these god threats come from a man who can't even show the tiniest evidence that he is not a delusional buffoon.

Despite his holy book telling him that true christians have magical powers of prayer, his prayer is completely powerless.

Despite his "personal relationship with jesus" he has no conversation with god outside of a dusty old book. God can't tell him anything new because god doesn't really talk to him.

So now the (self) Professor tells us that normal society's compassion and morals are not enough, that we must take ancient dirty desert nomad's books about their god and create hatred against men who love men and women who love women. He tells us that women should not control their bodies, but be slaves to men. He tells us that killing a fertilized egg is wrong, not because of compassion for the zygote, but because his god hasn't said it was ok.

Verifiably raise a guy from the dead, professor, then we will talk..
Find the cure for Fundementia!
So what's meant to be happening on the 25th? Does the world end or something? The reason I ask is because I'm going on holiday on Monday and I would hate to think I've wasted my money booking a caravan for a week, when I could've booked it for three days and spent the money I saved on alcohol and kiss me quick hats.
Far as I can gather, the world's going to end but nobody will notice. It's all going to be business as normal, which proves it. Or something.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Wouldn't be much of a rupture if nothing visible happened. Every day after just like those before?

Where's the drama in that? Snoozer!

Color me disappointed.
And me. If the world wasn't going to end, I was at least hoping for smaller queues at the funfair and less people in the pubs because the Christians have all been whisked off to heaven.
Not to mention the brothels. I mean, not for me; but at least the ladies get a well-earned break.
Stimbo, you really are funny, I do mean this is a compliment.

Whenever it comes, the rapture will be a bang heard around the world.
It is not the end of the world (which never happens anyway).
That phrase translated such hundreds of year ago would be better translated - "End of the Age"
The Departure will be the signal that the last sand is coursing down the hourglass.

Brakeman, the guy you will see seemingly raised from the dead will be the AC who is seen (whether real or CG animation) to recover from a "Mortal head wound" 3 days after receiving it.
Gosh, isn't that in the bible somewhere about a 1st beast?
Note that O required 2 bibles for one of his oath of office ceremonys-
the bible from Martin Luther King and the one from JFK.
Both men who were assassinated .
Why did he demand these? You tell me.
I think it is a sublime prophetic statement.
A mimic of Jesus when He said:
"Destroy this temple and I will raise it up again in 3 days (He was speaking about his body)"

As for your rant about God wanting women to be slave to men. Wrong.
The Jewish/ Christian heritage is what has ultimately liberated women along with everyone else.
For your view, take a gander over the fence at Islam or some other pagan claptrap that still practices slavery today.

Hey, you don't need to do anything. I am just saying a trap is coming.
I'm sorry, you've been describing how jesus is going to come down and kill us all in less than a weeks time - and that it's okay because we're his property (along with all of the other objects on this rock)....so how you managed to come to the conclusion that christianity liberated any of us in any way is beyond me.

I think you give a short shrift to "pagan claptrap" - even though I wouldn;t argue that they could not be equally as petty and brutal as your own deity, pagans at least managed to opine in deep and meaningful ways upon our shared human experience. It was paganism that gave us the the Illiad, the best you've got is loaves and fishes.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1403 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2762 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Chris Brown should be come a Christian Tarasoft11 15 2542 September 7, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. SavedByGraceThruFaith 2761 767422 September 6, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How Long Will Christians Wait for the End Time to Come? Rhondazvous 237 36850 September 3, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 69407 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  'it will come back to you' Longhorn 23 5120 June 20, 2015 at 11:52 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Christians Come to the Waters... daver49 2 1264 March 20, 2015 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why Christians come to atheist forums watchamadoodle 112 25017 March 17, 2015 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  And Hells come back to haunt me themonkeyman 515 226661 April 15, 2014 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: snowtracks