Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 4, 2024, 5:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Day will come as a trap on all the world
RE: That Day will come as a trap on all the world
About Catholicism, (I don't want to write a book on it here - go to the Doves site and click on Sept. or Aug. - go thru Bob's posts for a deep look as some history)

It is a "Works system" just like all the religions of the world system.
Based upon the lie of attaining Heaven (or wherever) by good works.
The Catholics works beginning with sprinkling water, include communion, confirmation, confession, attending their re-sacrifice ceremony (the Mass) doing good works and hoping for the best.
There are people within that deceived multitude who actually trust what Jesus did for them apart from all the gobbly- gook and hocus- pocus Catholic clap trap.

To them, the call is coming (and has been heard by some)- "Come out of her- My poeple- that you be not partakers of her sins and that you receive not of her punishment" Rev. 18:4.
As for Jesus speaking to them- for sure.
Wether they listen is up to them.
It's painfully clear that you set greater store in the authority of a source than the actual substance. Can't you see that it makes no difference whether your Pastor Bob is the world's greatest genius or history's most burbling idiot; where is his equivalent of peer review checking his information?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 19, 2014 at 9:27 pm)professor Wrote: No Stimbo.
If that were the case, and everything plays out without any choice of your own involved- why in the world would anyone tell you ahead of time?

You tell me. It's your fairytale, not mine. If I get a choice in this final outcome of yours, then I choose not to participate. I'll be in Blackpool anyway, so it's my time off.

(September 19, 2014 at 9:27 pm)professor Wrote: The whole idea is - there is a trap coming and I do not want you to fall into it.

That's nice of you. In return, I will hope that you are a good boy; I do not want you to end up getting coal for xmas.

(September 19, 2014 at 9:27 pm)professor Wrote: You have to watch where you are walking and be alert.

I am. I'm being sceptical of outrageous claims.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Stimbo, what kind of peer review would suffice?
A panel of Catholic and like minded theologians?

Those who actually believe the Bible are in the same outer darkness in their realm as science people who accept Creation are in the realm of popular science culture.

By the way, on Bob's posts, I have seen quite a long list of refrences.
I am not overawed by personalities.
Being an information monger, i am impressed with correct knowledge.
(September 21, 2014 at 11:14 am)professor Wrote: Those who actually believe the Bible are in the same outer darkness in their realm as science people who accept Creation are in the realm of popular science culture.
Because that's where they belong. Far, far away from other human beings.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Any third party, unbiased group or individual capable of reviewing the guy's pronouncements and correcting any errors would count as peer review. You could do it yourself if you took the time to think critically and not get bogged down in preconceptions and superstition. It's known as having an evidence filter in your brain and not allowing your mind to get cluttered with erroneous and contradictory information.
Now we have entered the subterranean world of fantasy.
There are no unbiased people on this planet.
All of us have a personal bias.
(September 21, 2014 at 11:14 am)professor Wrote: Stimbo, what kind of peer review would suffice?
A panel of Catholic and like minded theologians?

Those who actually believe the Bible are in the same outer darkness in their realm as science people who accept Creation are in the realm of popular science culture.

By the way, on Bob's posts, I have seen quite a long list of refrences.
I am not overawed by personalities.
Being an information monger, i am impressed with correct knowledge.

You are a monger, but not of information or knowledge.

After 25th the universe not be the slightlest different from before for all your "prophecy", you will still not then belong anywhere else but the insane asylum to which you've always belonged. But the fact that you would not on that day or anytime after be raptured is not an acceptable an excuse for you to break your promise to never return here and pester us.
(September 21, 2014 at 12:49 pm)professor Wrote: Now we have entered the subterranean world of fantasy.

Only now? Prof, you started this mess entombed in fantasy.

(September 21, 2014 at 12:49 pm)professor Wrote: There are no unbiased people on this planet.
All of us have a personal bias.

Including you. Especially you. That's why rational people check their information with other sources, to at least attempt to minimise the bias. All we've had from you is the mad gurgling flatulence of a dyspeptic donkey.
So is the rapture still on, on Sept. 25th, or has that been nixed? LOL.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1466 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2797 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Chris Brown should be come a Christian Tarasoft11 15 2600 September 7, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. SavedByGraceThruFaith 2761 780863 September 6, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How Long Will Christians Wait for the End Time to Come? Rhondazvous 237 37507 September 3, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 70803 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  'it will come back to you' Longhorn 23 5149 June 20, 2015 at 11:52 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Christians Come to the Waters... daver49 2 1272 March 20, 2015 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why Christians come to atheist forums watchamadoodle 112 25537 March 17, 2015 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  And Hells come back to haunt me themonkeyman 515 228735 April 15, 2014 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: snowtracks