Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 9:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Jesus a God or a man?
RE: Was Jesus a God or a man?
Say five Hail Darwin's and all will be forgiven.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
[Image: cd6dg.jpg]
(September 22, 2014 at 4:38 pm)Rogue Wrote:
(September 22, 2014 at 3:35 pm)jughead Wrote: OP, Jesus was neither, Jesus is a myth.

This thread is really directed towards Christians. I know what atheist think.

If that's the case, you have an odd way of selecting sites for your posts.
Already you start with a misleading claim ... "Jesus" need be either god or man. Myth is the most likely the truth, one you completely ignore. So you are stating with a questionable declaration, then building a word view on sand.

Not very impressive so far ...
(September 22, 2014 at 11:28 am)Rogue Wrote: To believe in nothing; that's a negative.

I doubt if there is anyone who believes in nothing.

Likewise everyone believes in some things.

Atheists believe in things, just not in anything called a 'god'. Personally I'm not at all sure what counts as a god so my not believing in them has more to do with my being unclear on the concept than it does with any pertinent evidence I possess.
What is this straw man's anonymous now?
According to Acts 25:19 (CEB) people thought Jesus was just a man. = "Instead, they quibbled with him about their own religion and about some dead man named Jesus, who Paul claimed was alive."

Paul said that he was a man -Romans 5:17, 1 Timothy 2:5,
I think that Jesus was a tale of someone's imagination, he never existed, but I have to say that there is a beautiful story woven in between the words of his so called story, and that story is whatever is needed by you to understand the deeper meaning of your life.
Which is to say one can read wisdom into many stories, even the bible.
(September 22, 2014 at 6:56 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(September 22, 2014 at 4:38 pm)Rogue Wrote: This thread is really directed towards Christians. I know what atheist think.

If that's the case, you have an odd way of selecting sites for your posts.

Not really, there's a lot of censoring on Christian websites. I'm sure there is a few lurking around here.

I like atheist, they don't like me. I relate to it. I once was atheist. Only because I was angry with bible god. There was also a lot of unanswered questions; like where does the bible talk about dinosaurs. It's icky if we all came from 1 man and 1 woman, major icky. It then occurred to me that maybe the concept of god/s was correct and the bible was wrong in it's interpretation.

So began my spiritual journey...No it hasn't been easy.
Belief in a Cruel God makes a Crueler Man. Thomas Paine with minor edit crueler instead of cruel.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Physical man VS Spiritual man Won2blv 33 6295 July 9, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Russian man on trial for 'no God' comment in internet chat zebo-the-fat 20 3227 March 3, 2016 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Man created god Foxaèr 10 3653 December 6, 2015 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Sappho
  The Seat of Man's Intellect: What Says Your God? Mudhammam 38 15363 August 31, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7396 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  jesus wasn't really a man backslider 34 5782 October 1, 2014 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Exian
  Only man is fit to be God. Greatest I am 60 9560 August 31, 2014 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  If Jesus was just a man, why all the stories? 1tasolo 38 9449 January 31, 2014 at 8:43 am
Last Post: catman
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12894 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Should God the Father adore man for teaching him better morals and ethics than what he has taught man? Greatest I am 21 9675 March 13, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am