Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man created god
Man created god
This is the understood position of any intellectual.

My question to theists is, how can it not be recognized that man has created god?

We already understand and accept that certain concepts not proven to exist have been created by the imagination of men, concepts that still thrive to this day.

Why is god not accepted among the same category? Is it too soon in history? Certainly, the belief in the monotheistic christian god has surpassed any other myths by way of time in which the belief was held as true.

Man's imagination is the one greatest tool he possesses. If he uses it for non-religious means, he changes the world toward progression. What progression other than self-delusion does imaginative religion serve other than to divide?

I could understand if there was one single religion, but the imagination of man proves that a single religion is impossible.

No one man thinks the same, and that is automatically the folly of erroneously attempting to assert the same belief on everyone.

Every man thinks differently, and that is precisely why there are so many different religions having been created by men. Each man created a religion because he thought he had the answer that trumped what already existed as concepts taken too seriously.

To place "faith" in a belief without any evidence toward it being genuine is the very definition of folly.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Man created god
Quote:My question to theists is, how can it not be recognized that man has created god?

See they have these really old books and they have convinced themselves that god wrote them.  It's all downhill from there.
Because the man who created the god in their head, was themself, no one person created god, we all did by buying in to the idea and believing it. And because a person will never realize their personal god is one that they created by buying in to the idea and believing its validity, they will never uncreate that god as a failure to recognize its existence does not stem outside of their own mind.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
I'd like to add that is a god in man's image. How convenient. No need to think outside the box on that one. This is not just the monotheists either.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Even the Bible says that man creates gods. The biblical fairy tale just wants everyone to believe that the ethnocentric Middle Eastern Jewish god is the only real one. They even threw in a zoo of weird creatures to make things interesting. Of course since it's their god they become special. Their fairy tale says so. But the writers put in a disclaimer that says you shouldn't believe in Jewish fairy tales.
Quote:Certainly, the belief in the monotheistic christian god has surpassed any other myths by way of time in which the belief was held as true.
Zoroastrianism and Hinduism predate christianity so this claim would appear to be false.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(November 30, 2015 at 7:14 pm)Kitan Wrote: This is the understood position of any intellectual.
Ahhh, the 'no true intellectual' argument?
(November 30, 2015 at 7:14 pm)Kitan Wrote: My question to theists is, how can it not be recognized that man has created god?
Because no theist is intellectual.  Every theist knows that.
(November 30, 2015 at 7:14 pm)Kitan Wrote: We already understand and accept that certain concepts not proven to exist have been created by the imagination of men, concepts that still thrive to this day.
Therefore it's necessarily true that God doesn't exist.  Seems reasonable.
(November 30, 2015 at 7:14 pm)Kitan Wrote: Why is god not accepted among the same category?  Is it too soon in history?  Certainly, the belief in the monotheistic christian god has surpassed any other myths by way of time in which the belief was held as true.
Yes, it happened in the future.
(November 30, 2015 at 7:14 pm)Kitan Wrote: Man's imagination is the one greatest tool he possesses.  If he uses it for non-religious means, he changes the world toward progression.  What progression other than self-delusion does imaginative religion serve other than to divide?
 Imagination for religion bad, imagination for non-religion good.
(November 30, 2015 at 7:14 pm)Kitan Wrote: I could understand if there was one single religion, but the imagination of man proves that a single religion is impossible.
There is more than one branch of scientific study, therefore science is ......
(November 30, 2015 at 7:14 pm)Kitan Wrote: No one man thinks the same, and that is automatically the folly of erroneously attempting to assert the same belief on everyone.
That's why I reject math, it's folly to expect me to learn about polynomials.
(November 30, 2015 at 7:14 pm)Kitan Wrote: Every man thinks differently, and that is precisely why there are so many different religions having been created by men.  Each man created a religion because he thought he had the answer that trumped what already existed as concepts taken too seriously.
I agree,  2+2 = Saturday!!
(November 30, 2015 at 7:14 pm)Kitan Wrote: To place "faith" in a belief without any evidence toward it being genuine is the very definition of folly.
I thought it was "a costly ornamental building with no practical purpose, especially a tower or mock-Gothic ruin built in a large garden or park."  Oh well, definitions must be for the intellectual.   Tongue

If it could be proven beyond doubt that God exists...
and that He is the one spoken of in the Bible...
would you repent of your sins and place your faith in Jesus Christ?

(December 3, 2015 at 4:34 pm)orangebox21 Wrote: I agree,  2+2 = Saturday!!

That can be true ... if given certain initial assumptions to make.

Did you know 1 + 1 = 10 in binary? You answer "2" to that on a binary number test, and see if you get marked correct.
(November 30, 2015 at 7:14 pm)Kitan Wrote: This is the understood position of any intellectual.

My question to theists is, how can it not be recognized that man has created god?

We already understand and accept that certain concepts not proven to exist have been created by the imagination of men, concepts that still thrive to this day.

Why is god not accepted among the same category?  Is it too soon in history?  Certainly, the belief in the monotheistic christian god has surpassed any other myths by way of time in which the belief was held as true.

Man's imagination is the one greatest tool he possesses.  If he uses it for non-religious means, he changes the world toward progression.  What progression other than self-delusion does imaginative religion serve other than to divide?  

I could understand if there was one single religion, but the imagination of man proves that a single religion is impossible.

No one man thinks the same, and that is automatically the folly of erroneously attempting to assert the same belief on everyone.

Every man thinks differently, and that is precisely why there are so many different religions having been created by men.  Each man created a religion because he thought he had the answer that trumped what already existed as concepts taken too seriously.  

To place "faith" in a belief without any evidence toward it being genuine is the very definition of folly.

I would like to make a few nuances.

First of all we should make a difference between those who follow a religion blindly without any eye for logic, and those who believe (how shall I put it) from out themselves, by which I mean that they think for themselves and form their own ideas which then relate very much to some of a religion.
Regarding this, your first sentence is bullsh*t.

Following this, it is an answer to almost your whole text, except that I'd like to add that neither a sh*tload of imagination nor a lack of evidence are a proof/disproof for the existence of a god.

Please don't generalise people or ideas, as you don't like to be generalised yourself.

To be clear, I am neither atheist nor theist, rather do I succeed in seeing the beauty in both.
whatever floats your goat
(December 6, 2015 at 9:51 am)Sappho Wrote: To be clear, I am neither atheist nor theist, rather do I succeed in seeing the beauty in both.

You either believe in a god or gods (theist or perhaps deist) or you don't (atheist). There is no third position. Gnosticism/agnosticism doesn't address the question of belief; it addresses one's knowledge claim or lack thereof.
Perhaps you're thinking of "atheist" in terms of strong (or gnostic) atheism? Most atheists, in my experience, are agnostic atheists.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1752 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Physical man VS Spiritual man Won2blv 33 6069 July 9, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Russian man on trial for 'no God' comment in internet chat zebo-the-fat 20 3086 March 3, 2016 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: abaris
  The Seat of Man's Intellect: What Says Your God? Mudhammam 38 14801 August 31, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Energy created nor destroyed. uniquepegasister 63 10649 August 9, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Was Jesus a God or a man? Rogue 272 34353 October 4, 2014 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Well Rounded Rectangle
  Only man is fit to be God. Greatest I am 60 9121 August 31, 2014 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12454 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  How was the sun created on the fourth day? CleanShavenJesus 51 15601 June 17, 2013 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Zarith
  Should God the Father adore man for teaching him better morals and ethics than what he has taught man? Greatest I am 21 9478 March 13, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am