Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 12:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are nothing for suffering (my story)
RE: We are nothing for suffering (my story)
(September 24, 2014 at 4:39 pm)Blackrook Wrote: My belief in God is what kept me going in my darkest hours, when everything seemed hopeless. I could not imagine suffering through that hopelessness AND believing there was no God. Unlike you, I do not believe people to be superior to each other based on mental health. That concept seems a bit Darwinian to me. All of us are God's children, and he loves each of us more than we have the capacity to imagine.

The FSM loves you ten times more than your God. And has a stripper factory, beer volcano and midgets.

All of us are the FSM's children and he loves you ten times more than you have the capacity to imagine!
Mozart, I gotta hand it to you, you're really good at staying on topic. Every sentence contains the same information as the last.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
If I wanted to loved longtime by a god it sure wouldn't be the Roman Catholic one, nor the priests who are god's penis on earth (at least for the choir boys).
(September 22, 2014 at 6:13 pm)MattMVS7 Wrote: Also, there are innocent people with nice happy lives with little to no struggles who help others and achieve great things in their lives just as good as (and even better) than those people who do through their suffering and despair. Therefore, suffering and despair is truly pointless and all that matters is being happy in life and giving others pleasure through your own pleasure.

Grab your pud. Pull up; push down. Grip, stroke rate, and stroke force should be regulated to achieve maximum vertical eye rotation. You'll feel better in no time.
(September 23, 2014 at 4:09 pm)MattMVS7 Wrote: <snip>
In conclusion, I would like to say that a true emotionally sensitive human being would have both immense value towards his/her own feelings of pleasure as well as the pleasure of others. To instead have no value towards pleasure in general at all (both yours and others) and instead find value in other things in life (or even value towards life itself for that matter), you would truly be the lesser person who has no part in the title of an "emotionally sensitive human being" whatsoever. You would not only demean yourself for abandoning the greatest aspect of you as a person (which is your pleasure), but you would also be demeaning of others by, for example, telling other people to abandon their value of pleasure in general and to find greater thing in life as well as to tell these people to tell others this same message. This would be truly offensive and demeaning of someone with depression or anhedonia who is on the brink of suicide who feels his/her life is basically no longer worth living without his/her pleasure. <snip>

Mozart,

I remember rather vividly spending a whole lot of time on you to no particular purpose. Go back and read your original thread. This is nothing new. You need to get well. This fixation isn't helping. Do seek treatment.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
ZZZZZzzzzzzzz, me went to sleep.Angel
I hope you're not going through this state of clinical depression alone. You need to share all this stuff with people who are dealing or have dealt with same feelings of despair. You would be better off finding a forum specifically for those suffering from depression or other similar conditions and get help from those who have been there. Are you taking medication? If not, I'd suggest you give it a try. It's worked wonders for countless people and you can overcome this too. Instead of lying down and letting the depression kill you, get up and take action. There is hope.
Hmmmm...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 2311 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Everything & Nothing possibletarian 0 705 January 13, 2020 at 5:42 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Life is nothing Mikeykitty123 78 12866 January 18, 2018 at 6:34 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Scientists discover new form of matter in 2017. (The end of human suffering?) %mindless_detector% 17 5405 January 29, 2017 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why there is something rather than nothing... Jehanne 43 7973 August 28, 2016 at 1:19 am
Last Post: Arkilogue
  WHY I LEFT ISLAM - An Apostate's Story bussta33 2 1282 April 18, 2016 at 2:32 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Reflections on Nothing. Jehanne 23 3478 February 18, 2016 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  My Conversion Story Secular Atheist 23 4002 October 18, 2015 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Going Back & Finding Nothing There WastedLife 30 8626 March 19, 2015 at 5:49 am
Last Post: abaris
  My short story robvalue 8 1889 December 9, 2014 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus