Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 3:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Jesus a God or a man?
RE: Was Jesus a God or a man?
(September 25, 2014 at 8:53 am)Rogue Wrote: What do you believe in Zidneya?
In science. In scientific result accuracy and veracity. You see science at certain point it's a mater of belief.
Science can't tell me what's happening at the other side of the universe. Science can't tell me what's happening inside the quarks particles that are in the palm of my hand. Science can't tell me what happened before the big bang. Science can't tell me what will happen in the long terms in the expansion of our universe.
Of course science it's more of a tool and a mean to acquire knowledge more than a magic source of answers. Science has the means to acquire that knowledge and just because our scientific aptitudes can't tell us all those answers yet. Doesn't mean that they are impossible to science. However how can I know that? How can I make that claim? How do i know that science don't have limits?

Because I believe in science.

However just because science don't have all the answers that doesn't mean god exists. Believing that a question proves that God exists is silly(like: science can't explain how this happened therefor it must be gods wok). A question ain't an answer. A question is a problem left to be answered. Nor either assuming that there are god evidence that will be found. So far science hasn't given to us any prove of a spiritual existence therefore assuming it exists it silly. And if we are gonna continue using this means to gain knowledge then we must be willing to take whatever answers it will give us a truth. And so far all scientific result haven't proven that God exists therefore God isn't real.

(September 25, 2014 at 8:55 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Onion gifs.
I don't believe in onion gifs. I've know they exist. I've created a few of them myself(ask lost and luckier for more reference).

[Image: onion_badge_by_arya_Hime.png]
(September 26, 2014 at 3:43 am)Alex K Wrote:
(September 25, 2014 at 7:06 pm)whateverist Wrote: Well that pretty well settles the Urethro Dilemma

Are you taking a piss? Big Grin

To pee or not to pee. That is the question.
(September 25, 2014 at 12:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:It matches history.

It matches the "history" written to incorporate the godboy into the story. Nothing more.

Actual history knows nothing of your boy.

The History Channel might argue that fact. Nobody in human history has influenced us so much.

A man named Jesus could have very likely existed whether god/s exist or not. It's moot to argue the existence in this thread. It's not about whether or not he existed. It's about Christians believe he was god in the form of man. I believe he was not. That makes him so much more.

I do not believe he was a godboy. I believe he was a flesh and blood man, a great man that was a rebel against religion.

Most Jews and Islamic's know Jesus was here they don't believe he was the Messiah. That's pretty hard evidence to me.

(September 26, 2014 at 4:33 am)Zidneya Wrote:
(September 25, 2014 at 8:53 am)Rogue Wrote: What do you believe in Zidneya?
In science. In scientific result accuracy and veracity. You see science at certain point it's a mater of belief.
Science can't tell me what's happening at the other side of the universe. Science can't tell me what's happening inside the quarks particles that are in the palm of my hand. Science can't tell me what happened before the big bang. Science can't tell me what will happen in the long terms in the expansion of our universe.
Of course science it's more of a tool and a mean to acquire knowledge more than a magic source of answers. Science has the means to acquire that knowledge and just because our scientific aptitudes can't tell us all those answers yet. Doesn't mean that they are impossible to science. However how can I know that? How can I make that claim? How do i know that science don't have limits?

Because I believe in science.

However just because science don't have all the answers that doesn't mean god exists. Believing that a question proves that God exists is silly(like: science can't explain how this happened therefor it must be gods wok). A question ain't an answer. A question is a problem left to be answered. Nor either assuming that there are god evidence that will be found. So far science hasn't given to us any prove of a spiritual existence therefore assuming it exists it silly. And if we are gonna continue using this means to gain knowledge then we must be willing to take whatever answers it will give us a truth. And so far all scientific result haven't proven that God exists therefore God isn't real.

I do NOT believe in magic. I don't believe in science I believe science. I don't believe in the science of blowing people up, making carcinogens that give people cancer. I certainly think some of the ways they study questionable watch Dark Matters. Like harvesting the moon, harvesting the planet. All those problems come from science. No different than religion in the way that some is good some is really bad.

Climate change is science's fault, not religions.

Spiritual means my mind is open because nobody knows. I draw energy from the sun, the rain, the wind, the night, love, kindness and silence. It does not mean I believe in fairy tales or supernatural magic. I don't believe in supernatural things. I believe in intelligence which obviously existed before man. Where did the intelligence come from?

That's the main reason I don't jump on the atheist train, intelligence. I can not make sense out of complexity w/o intelligence.

Spirituality means keeping myself in check for the good of others. It's all about me not you. I don't believe in god I believe in nature/higher powers. Most of all I believe in KINDNESS. I believe in empathy. I believe in doing to others as you would have done to you. I believe you should be impeccable with your word.

What is wrong with that? Do you believe in any of those things?

(September 25, 2014 at 4:21 pm)C4RM5 Wrote: Can you give examples, please.

If Jesus was god in the form of man then he was the same god that thought incest was a good way to populate the world, drowned babies and children in the flood, the wrathful jerk portrayed in the Old Testament. He did not die. That is not a sacrifice.

As a man his sacrifice was actually a sacrifice.

(September 25, 2014 at 4:38 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(September 25, 2014 at 4:35 pm)C4RM5 Wrote: Also a slave wasn't forced into slavery as they are today. People became slaves becaus hey chose to. If they couldn't provide for themselves rhey would sell themselves as a slave. Some chose to become slaves to have their needs provided by he masters. Masters were instruces on how to treat theie slave Deuteronomy 15:12–15 12 z“If your brother, a Hebrew man or a Hebrew woman, is sold2 to you, he shall serve you six years, and in the seventh year you shall let him go free from you. 13 And when you let him go free from you, you shall not let him go empty-handed. 14 "You shall furnish him liberally out of your flock, out of your threshing floor, and out of your winepress."

No, sorry Mr. "All the Bible is true", the Jews took slaves by force all the time, usually after destroying another tribe. We aren't talking about indentured servitude, and even if we were I would still be morally against it. The bible explicitly endorses slavery, there's no way you can backpedal out of that. I'm asking, do you think it's moral?

Oh, and that little thing about being required to free slaves after six years? That only refers to Jewish slaves, not other slaves, and you can still keep the Jewish slaves forever if you give them a wife and they have children and they don't want to leave their wife.

"Masters were instructed to treat their slaves justly and fairly"? Are you serious? You can beat the shit out of them as long as they don't die in a few days or lose an eye. I don't know what bible you're reading.

But again, the plain question, do you think slavery is moral, as it's endorsed by the Bible?

When did this thread become about slavery? That's just rude. You can attack C4RM5 in your own threads if that's what you like to do.
Belief in a Cruel God makes a Crueler Man. Thomas Paine with minor edit crueler instead of cruel.
(September 26, 2014 at 8:44 am)Rogue Wrote: The History Channel might argue that fact.

ROFLOL

Single-handedly the dumbest thing I've seen anyone write here all week. That's saying a lot.

(September 26, 2014 at 8:44 am)Rogue Wrote: Where did the intelligence come from?

That's the main reason I don't jump on the atheist train, intelligence. I can not make sense out of complexity w/o intelligence.
Where did anything come from? "I don't know" doesn't amount to X.
Quote:I can not make sense out of complexity w/o intelligence.
Contrarily, you can't make sense of intelligence without complexity. You can, however, make sense of complexity through gradual increases of unintelligent simplicity.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Rogue,
Jesus on a number of occasions throuhout the Bible claims to be God. Therefore he is the God of the old testament. The Bible also states Jesus was resurrected. His was still a sacrafice as he died for the sin of men.

You cannot accept certain parts of the Bible and ignore the rest.

(September 26, 2014 at 11:59 am)C4RM5 Wrote: You cannot accept certain parts of the Bible and ignore the rest.

Seeing as how the Bible was constructed over hundreds of years by multiple unknown authors, yeah, actually, he can.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(September 26, 2014 at 8:44 am)Rogue Wrote: Nobody in human history has influenced us so much.

Muhammad, Kongzi, Lao Tzu, Gautama Buddha, Zoroaster, Archimedes and those are just the ones I REMEMBER, there are many others who I've heard of but fail to remember their names.

I will not say that Jesus didn't have his fair share, but it's simply rude not to acknowledge the contribution that everyone else has made.
Jesus is neither man nor God.

He is currently a statue in Pennsylvania dispensing blow jobs.

Confused Fall
(September 26, 2014 at 10:30 am)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Single-handedly the dumbest thing I've seen anyone write here all week. That's saying a lot.

Where did anything come from? "I don't know" doesn't amount to X.

Contrarily, you can't make sense of intelligence without complexity. You can, however, make sense of complexity through gradual increases of unintelligent simplicity.

That's adhominem. The lowest form of debate. I guess you didn't see the movie.

What does, "I don't know" amount to? Certainly not that god does not or does exist. There is not enough data at this time to make an absolute claim as atheist and religious people do.

Again not the subject of this thread. Confused Fall

Not a thread about the existence of god/s. get it, got it, good!!!

(September 26, 2014 at 1:27 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Jesus is neither man nor God.

He is currently a statue in Pennsylvania dispensing blow jobs.

I'm sure you enjoy yours. Mockery is your weakness. If that's all you got you may want to study. Wink Shades

I give tips.Thinking

Mockery is not an attribute it is a flaw, meanness. Adhominem the worst type of debate.

Atheist are definitely meaner than Christians. Why? How does that help you other than the self gratification of thinking you're smarter than 80% or so than the pop..

How does it help society?
Belief in a Cruel God makes a Crueler Man. Thomas Paine with minor edit crueler instead of cruel.
I'm not the DA defending idols.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Physical man VS Spiritual man Won2blv 33 6638 July 9, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Russian man on trial for 'no God' comment in internet chat zebo-the-fat 20 3443 March 3, 2016 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Man created god Silver 10 3789 December 6, 2015 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Sappho
  The Seat of Man's Intellect: What Says Your God? Mudhammam 38 15946 August 31, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7675 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  jesus wasn't really a man backslider 34 6210 October 1, 2014 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Exian
  Only man is fit to be God. Greatest I am 60 10395 August 31, 2014 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  If Jesus was just a man, why all the stories? 1tasolo 38 9988 January 31, 2014 at 8:43 am
Last Post: catman
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 13397 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Should God the Father adore man for teaching him better morals and ethics than what he has taught man? Greatest I am 21 10100 March 13, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am