Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 11:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
RE: Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
No, huggy has no brains, but yet is confident that he understands everything.

Rather all for which he does not perceive an understanding is somehow wrong.
(October 4, 2014 at 2:32 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: The point is I've been accursed of cherry picking, even though none of my sources have any vested interest in pushing the fibonacci sequence, if my source was a creationist website for an example, there would be a clear bias, so i'm looking for sources with no clear agenda.

I don't think you know what cherry picking means.

Quote:Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position. It is a kind of fallacy of selective attention, the most common example of which is the confirmation bias. Cherry picking may be committed intentionally or unintentionally. This fallacy is a major problem in public debate.

Wikipedia | Cherry picking
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 5, 2014 at 5:58 pm)rasetsu Wrote:
(October 4, 2014 at 2:32 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: The point is I've been accursed of cherry picking, even though none of my sources have any vested interest in pushing the fibonacci sequence, if my source was a creationist website for an example, there would be a clear bias, so i'm looking for sources with no clear agenda.

I don't think you know what cherry picking means.

And that is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what Huggies doesn't understand.
Fair's fair, though. It's hard to imagine anything less consequential to be accursed of than cherry picking.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 5, 2014 at 3:14 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(October 5, 2014 at 11:48 am)little_monkey Wrote: Observation in the scientific sense is a collection of data. That can be carried not only by human eyes but also by an apparatus such as a voltmeter, Geiger counter, electronic microscope, etc.
True, but it still requires eyeballs to read a voltmeter.

And you need ears to hear the Geiger counter tick. And as it was already mentioned, a brain to analyze the data perceived by the senses.
So far you have shown very little brain as you can't distinguish between ratio and rational, can't make the relation that spirals and circle are curves, and you are clueless as to the meaning of cherry-picking.
Nothing like shooting a barn then paint the bullseyes where the bullets hit. That's how they do it in texas.
(October 5, 2014 at 5:58 pm)rasetsu Wrote: I don't think you know what cherry picking means.

All I know is that nobody picks cherries like Alice... and you should see her collection of bleeding hearts while you're at it! ^__^

The secret's in seeding 'em young. Angel
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Cause they're both full of shit?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
But only one is super dry and sponsored by Disney.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debunk the divine origin LinuxGal 35 2477 October 9, 2023 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1439 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Age of the Universe/Earth Ferrocyanide 31 4171 January 8, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 2974 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10374 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1839 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15422 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Josh McDowell and the "atheistic" Internet Jehanne 43 6386 February 8, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Supernatural denial, atheistic hypocrisy? Victory123 56 9954 February 1, 2018 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 19315 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer