Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 26, 2024, 7:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plot to kill the Queen
RE: Plot to kill the Queen
Let's just quietly get on with remembrance Sunday without people banging on about how "outraged" or "offended" they are. Just give it a rest for one day of the year.

Regards

Grimesy
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

(November 9, 2014 at 7:48 am)abaris Wrote: Wow, must be really a close call, since only Russia Today mentions it.

Neither the BBC, the Sun, The Guardian, the Times have anything about it.

It was an exclusive in the Sun yesterday.. (for what that's worth !!!!)

(November 9, 2014 at 10:20 am)pgrimes15 Wrote: Let's just quietly get on with remembrance Sunday without people banging on about how "outraged" or "offended" they are. Just give it a rest for one day of the year.

Regards

Grimesy

Don't know quite what you mean, but no, I won't stop being outraged by terrorist activity in the name of a religion... I have observed remembrance Sunday today and shed a few tears.

I think we owe a lot more than we realise to our police and security services... unsung heroes many times over.
(November 9, 2014 at 3:42 pm)lifesagift Wrote:
(November 9, 2014 at 7:48 am)abaris Wrote: Wow, must be really a close call, since only Russia Today mentions it.

Neither the BBC, the Sun, The Guardian, the Times have anything about it.

It was an exclusive in the Sun yesterday.. (for what that's worth !!!!)

(November 9, 2014 at 10:20 am)pgrimes15 Wrote: Let's just quietly get on with remembrance Sunday without people banging on about how "outraged" or "offended" they are. Just give it a rest for one day of the year.

Regards

Grimesy

Don't know quite what you mean, but no, I won't stop being outraged by terrorist activity in the name of a religion... I have observed remembrance Sunday today and shed a few tears.

I think we owe a lot more than we realise to our police and security services... unsung heroes many times over.

Heroes? Look, I appreciate the sentiment, but let's not start getting gooey eyed over all this. Most squaddies I know are hairy ar5ed ar5eholes, most of whom you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. Which is why they do the job they do.

They deserve our thanks, but they can't fly, don't wear their pants on the outside and most certainly don't have x-ray vision.......more's the pity, as I'm an ex-serviceman myself.

Some muslim nutjobs wanted to do bad sh1t to us? Oh my goodness! the Shock, the horror! Come on, who honestly g1ves a sh1t? Do you honestly think that 4 tw@ts from some some estate in High Wycombe would have got a knife within 100 yards of old Liz? Really?

I'd have been more offended if they hadn't tried something in all honesty.
I suspect people aren't outraged because this is probably about the 479th alleged terrorist attack we've been told about where nothing has actually happened.
(November 10, 2014 at 7:01 am)Pitsligo Wrote: I suspect people aren't outraged because this is probably about the 479th alleged terrorist attack we've been told about where nothing has actually happened.

That's because of the work that The Office for Security and Counter-Terrorism, in the Home Office do, not because there is no threat.

And it's The Office for Security and Counter-Terrorism, in the Home Office that I referred to as heroes in my previous post.
(November 10, 2014 at 5:33 pm)lifesagift Wrote:
(November 10, 2014 at 7:01 am)Pitsligo Wrote: I suspect people aren't outraged because this is probably about the 479th alleged terrorist attack we've been told about where nothing has actually happened.

That's because of the work that The Office for Security and Counter-Terrorism, in the Home Office do, not because there is no threat.

And it's The Office for Security and Counter-Terrorism, in the Home Office that I referred to as heroes in my previous post.

You have a funny idea of what a "hero" is.

I have a friend who is a quadraplegic, he requires 24 hr a day care and communication for him is a major effort, yet he could thwart the majority of the "terrorists" who attempt to plan and carry out terrorist atrocities on the mainland UK.

These "terrorists," for the most part, are disillusioned young British Muslims who have spent far, far too much time on the internet. With the surveillance so hot on travel and arrivals to the UK at the minute, most, if not all, of their military training would have come from youtube.

They're about as threatening as pubic lice....nice to see the 24 hour campaign to scare the sh1t out of the population is working though.
(November 11, 2014 at 5:33 am)Hoopington Wrote:
(November 10, 2014 at 5:33 pm)lifesagift Wrote: That's because of the work that The Office for Security and Counter-Terrorism, in the Home Office do, not because there is no threat.

I have a friend who is a quadraplegic, he requires 24 hr a day care and communication for him is a major effort, yet he could thwart the majority of the "terrorists" who attempt to plan and carry out terrorist atrocities on the mainland UK.

These "terrorists," for the most part, are disillusioned young British Muslims who have spent far, far too much time on the internet. With the surveillance so hot on travel and arrivals to the UK at the minute, most, if not all, of their military training would have come from youtube.

They're about as threatening as pubic lice....nice to see the 24 hour campaign to scare the sh1t out of the population is working though.

What a bizarre response. Of what relevance is your disabled friend? Was it just a way of preventing me from criticising your statement by wrapping it up in an emotive scenario?!

And what the hell have pubic lice got to do with anything?

I'd think the relatives of victims of 7/7 etc would find your comments unhelpful at best.
(November 11, 2014 at 5:33 am)Hoopington Wrote:
(November 10, 2014 at 5:33 pm)lifesagift Wrote: That's because of the work that The Office for Security and Counter-Terrorism, in the Home Office do, not because there is no threat.

It's the likes of you that's normalising this sort of behaviour:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world...rvice.html

Show some remorse or you're complicit in the crime against society !!
(yeah go and get your high horse out of the cupboard !!)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will the Islamists kill Islam? Mr Greene 23 3665 December 9, 2016 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Part of the Ummah and serve alcohol during Ramadan? We kill you! ReptilianPeon 1 1167 June 12, 2016 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Kyle Kulinski on Obama's "Religion Doesn't Kill" mralstoner 32 12178 February 23, 2015 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The Queen Has A Question. Minimalist 25 3997 January 30, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Did Islam order to kill innocent people? king krish 6 1798 January 2, 2015 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: mralstoner
  ISIS: Every Muslim should get out of his house, find a crusader, and kill him mralstoner 8 2988 October 14, 2014 at 8:15 am
Last Post: Dragonetti
  Germany: “Oh Allah, kill the Jews to the very last one" mralstoner 4 2089 July 30, 2014 at 1:58 am
Last Post: mralstoner
  Taliban Threaten To Kill Malala Yousafzai For 'Criticising Islam' downbeatplumb 26 9542 October 12, 2013 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut