Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Queen Has A Question.
The Queen Has A Question.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/23...2458616459

Quote:Queen Rania On Charlie Hebdo Attackers: 'Their Actions Are The Antithesis Of Islam'

BUT.....

And here's her question.

Quote:"I cannot see the point or value of reducing a figure that millions of Muslims around the world hold so dear into crude caricatures. To what end?"

Twofold, actually.

One, to show you that you and your beliefs are not beyond the reach of scrutiny or satire, and

Two, to show you that thunder bolts don't rain down from the sky on the heads of those who dare to challenge you.

It is a lesson that islam desperately needs to learn. Get over yourselves.
RE: The Queen Has A Question.
Islam is not the only religion in need of such a lesson...
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Enough with the "but" parade. Imbeciles. We'll stop making fun of your beliefs when you change them to not be stupid, and stop worshipping an evil book.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
But, Min, she's offended. And hurt. Dodgy

Quote:"As a Muslim, I am against these cartoons and I am offended and hurt by the lack of respect for our beliefs," Al-Abdullah told L'Express.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
Respect is a two way street. When Islam takes a good, hard look at itself and stops: beheadings, stonings, amputations, female genital mutilation, rampant misogyny, child abuse, an anti democratic mindset, intolerance of non-believers and acts of terrorism and aggression etc: Then, perhaps we can start to have a meaningful dialogue on what respect actually means.

Oh, and a cartoon. Please get over yourselves you sanctimonious prigs.
I'm offended (I'm not really) that you portray as the ultimate moral authority a being that wants to burn Atheists for eternity.

If I joined an organisation with a leader that said "All blacks deserve eternal punishment" and espoused the leader as a moral authority, I could perhaps face some unpleasant consequences. If a newspaper then drew a cartoon of my beloved leader and I started moaning and claiming offense, I would be laughed at.
They really do need to grow up. If Muslims want to point out bigots and people who hate them merely because they exist, we get that. But I really hate human logic no matter the label when people of any label point to others and go "they picked on me".

Humanity really is fucked up in it's local short term thinking. You look at the history of humanity and you can find tons of horrors inflicted on all kinds of labels in human history. The east however is CURRENTLY still held hostage by dark age thinking even if some want to claim "most don't do that". Not a matter of "most", you still have just enough.

Any Muslim, at least with me personally, is not going to get away with hiding behind race and or religion. I got pissed at the Pope for his "don't pick on my mother" bullshit, and I have also blasted Jews for their bad logic and bad tactics too.

Point being we are all minorities and majorities depending on geographics and timeframe in human history. If you can point to your label suffering, you also need to look long term at human history and you will see that others have suffered too.

But only an idiot thinks getting insulted is worse than being murdered over an insult. If you get picked on or your religion gets picked on, and you don't die over it and you get to go to bed at night, THEN STFU.

So when Muslims or Jews point fingers at each other

Black slavery, genocide of Native Americans, Heroshima , Japanese imprisoned in America. Stalin's genocide. Kim Jong Un.

YES it sucks when humans murder each other. So what is more important than the labels we use, what is important is that we LEARN from the cruelty we COLLECTIVELY and STUPIDLY inflict on each other. Insults are not physical violence.
Well, the queen is used to people adoring and respecting her for no discernibly sane reason, so I can imagine how she would have problems understanding freedom of thought and speech.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(January 27, 2015 at 8:37 am)Brakeman Wrote: Well, the queen is used to people adoring and respecting her for no discernibly sane reason, so I can imagine how she would have problems understanding freedom of thought and speech.

It is bad enough our right wing constantly attack women's rights and deny them equal pay in the states. But she has got to be out of her mind to protect Muslims from ridicule and blasphemy. She would not have a carrier in the Middle East.

If she wants Muslim women to get educations and wants them to be able to drive and wants them to be free to do what they want, then she needs to get out of the way of critics of Islam and stop thinking only westerners criticize Islam. Why the fuck does she think Malala got shot?

That stupid reaction would be like a woman of Susan B Anthony's time saying to her "Hey leave those sexists alone Suzy, you are hurting their feelings".
Empty headed windbag apologist. Notice her concern is non-existent when it comes to Islam's treatment of apostates; including those in Jordan. She needs some perspective. Another member of Salman Rushdie's "But Brigade".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plot to kill the Queen lifesagift 17 3060 November 11, 2014 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: lifesagift