Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 8:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2)
RE: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (Part 2)
(December 14, 2014 at 4:32 pm)His_Majesty Wrote:
(December 14, 2014 at 3:06 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: The audience you are attempting to convince.

Well, I remain unconvinced at the less than convincing objections and "at least I tried" refutations of my arguments.

You aren't part of the audience, jackass. Of course you're convinced by your own argument.

(December 14, 2014 at 3:06 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: In any case, to claim that you made a compelling case in your first thread was complete fiction.

It was compelling to me.

Care to name one person in the thread, besides yourself, who was convinced?

(December 14, 2014 at 3:06 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Honestly, these threads should be merged to keep the bullshit all in one place.

And more than half of the bullshit comes right off of some of you all's fingertips.

You're a regular comedian.
(December 14, 2014 at 3:47 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I don't believe in your god

Which is irrelevant to the claim of knowledge that you displayed, which you were asked to prove.

(December 14, 2014 at 3:47 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: , and I find the arguments that you marshal in support of your faith to be laughably inconclusive.

I wouldn't expect anything different.

(December 14, 2014 at 3:47 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Now, I won't try to prove that your god doesn't exist, because I'm not in the habit of wasting my time presenting thoughtful arguments to childish jackasses who don't bother to read links presented to them, as you did above to Cato.

In order for you to look at Cato's intellectual ass whooping, you would have to look past your own.

(December 14, 2014 at 3:47 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I'm also not in the habit of saving idiots from their own delusions, because I'm of the belief that those delusions will generally exert their own punishment in the end, for the deluded person who cannot think to escape his own mental shackles.

Who said anything about saving? I asked you to prove the claim of knowledge you made, and you obviously can't...so now you are giving me rhetoric.
If I had known how entertaining this place was I would have joined much sooner!
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(December 14, 2014 at 4:57 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(December 14, 2014 at 4:32 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Well, I remain unconvinced at the less than convincing objections and "at least I tried" refutations of my arguments.

You aren't part of the audience, jackass. Of course you're convinced by your own argument.

Reading comprehension. I am the audience when it comes to judging whether or not the objections that you people make hold weight to my arguments, which they don't.

(December 14, 2014 at 4:57 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Care to name one person in the thread, besides yourself, who was convinced?

No not in the thread, but I can give statistical data which show that over 2 billion people in this world IS convinced. So this thread isn't even one half of a pepperoni on a very large pizza.

So in other words, what I am saying is...on a small scale, people agree with you, but on a large scale, people agree with me.
(December 14, 2014 at 5:08 pm)His_Majesty Wrote:
(December 14, 2014 at 4:57 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: You aren't part of the audience, jackass. Of course you're convinced by your own argument.

Reading comprehension. I am the audience when it comes to judging whether or not the objections that you people make hold weight to my arguments, which they don't.

(December 14, 2014 at 4:57 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Care to name one person in the thread, besides yourself, who was convinced?

No not in the thread, but I can give statistical data which show that over 2 billion people in this world IS convinced. So this thread isn't even one half of a pepperoni on a very large pizza.

So in other words, what I am saying is...on a small scale, people agree with you, but on a large scale, people agree with me.

Numbers fallacy.

I love number fallacies!

5 billion people in the world aren't Christians so Christianity must be wrong.

Over half the world's population lives in Asia or is of Asian descent, so being non-Asian must be wrong.
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 14, 2014 at 5:02 pm)His_Majesty Wrote:
(December 14, 2014 at 3:47 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I don't believe in your god

Which is irrelevant to the claim of knowledge that you displayed, which you were asked to prove.

I didn't say "knowledge", dumbass. I'm not a gnostic atheist. I just find your particular conception of deity to be hysterically childish and so full of internal contradictions that it collapses under its own weight.

(December 14, 2014 at 5:02 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Who said anything about saving? I asked you to prove the claim of knowledge you made, and you obviously can't...so now you are giving me rhetoric.

I said that -- can't you read? I don't consider you worth saving from your own delusions, especially after you've shown your refusal -- or is it inability? -- to read countervailing evidence.

As we say down here, "Never try to teach a pig to talk. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."

(December 14, 2014 at 5:08 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: No not in the thread, but I can give statistical data which show that over 2 billion people in this world IS convinced. So this thread isn't even one half of a pepperoni on a very large pizza.

Sweeping blanket statement is sweeping. On a large scale, perhaps many Christians agree with you. On a larger scale, the number of other people not prescribing to your particular brand of dogma is even larger. So on a larger scale, more people disagree with you.

So in other words, what I am saying is...fuck your pizza analogy.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin
(December 14, 2014 at 5:21 pm)Strider Wrote: Sweeping blanket statement is sweeping. On a large scale, perhaps many Christians agree with you. On a larger scale, the number of other people not prescribing to your particular brand of dogma is even larger. So on a larger scale, more people disagree with you.

This would be an excellent point if it wasn't for the fact that I was talking about the two worldviews of atheism and Christianity, you know, one of which I hold, and the other of which he holds.

But see, I know you were so hell bent on wanting to jump into the conversation without paying attention to the itty bitty details like that...the kind of guy that would sign the contract without reading the fine print first...those small itsy bitsy words that are so tiny yet they mean so much...shit like that.

(December 14, 2014 at 5:21 pm)Strider Wrote: So in other words, what I am saying is...fuck your pizza analogy.

You've already demonstrated how someone can jump into a conversation without taking the time to comprehend exactly what the hell is going on...so just go back to wherever you came from and we can pretend as if this intellectual spanking never happened.

(December 14, 2014 at 5:14 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I didn't say "knowledge", dumbass.

Reading comprehension...I said you made a CLAIM of knowledge when you stated that God didn't say it or whatever it was that you said.

Read comprehension people.

(December 14, 2014 at 5:14 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I'm not a gnostic atheist. I just find your particular conception of deity to be hysterically childish and so full of internal contradictions that it collapses under its own weight.

I find the concept of naturalism virtually impossible.
(December 14, 2014 at 4:57 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: You aren't part of the audience, jackass. Of course you're convinced by your own argument.

Your sample size is too small.

Ah, so by your very own logic, there are more than 5 billion people who *don't* agree with you.

(December 14, 2014 at 5:08 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: So in other words, what I am saying is...on a small scale, people agree with you, but on a large scale, people agree with me.

And you're still wrong about the facts on that.

(not that argument ad populum isn't a logical fallacy or anything)

In addition, you also claimed you could present data which supported your claim that most historians believe in a historic Jesus, and I not that you utterly failed to support that claim.

Baseless assertion is baseless.
lol, "intellectual spanking".

The only "intellectual spanking" happening here is an internet dolt mentally spanking his monkey.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 2352 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 4642 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 8100 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Creating Christ JML 26 3247 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3444 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1486 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3555 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2863 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 16069 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Consecrated virgins: 'I got married to Christ' zebo-the-fat 11 2063 December 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda