Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 6:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2)
RE: MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2)
RE: Jen's reply to His_Fallacy:

[Image: avsytv.jpg]

(December 21, 2014 at 2:48 pm)Brucer Wrote: You will need someone far more credible than him, because seriously, he's laughed at and scorned in the scholarly community.

Need more well-poison? I know a good supplier. For a price.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 21, 2014 at 3:31 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(December 21, 2014 at 2:48 pm)Brucer Wrote: You will need someone far more credible than him, because seriously, he's laughed at and scorned in the scholarly community.

Need more well-poison? I know a good supplier. For a price.

He doesn't need me to poison any well. He poisoned it himself the moment he opened his mouth.

Anyone who uses honest skepticism sees right through his arguments.

You atheists- who propagate reason and rationale religiously- should be utterly ashamed of yourselves for allowing your anti-Christian bias to influence your opinions to such a point as that you are quite willing to crucify reason and rationale by intentionally refusing to acknowledge the almost innumerable logical fallacies Ken Humphreys employs on his website.

I often wonder if the hatred of religion can take the atheistic mind so far as to castrate skepticism in favor of a strap-on commonly known as denialism.

If you think Humpherys has a single rational argument supported with tangible evidence, bring it here.

Wink Shades
(December 21, 2014 at 3:43 pm)Brucer Wrote:
(December 21, 2014 at 3:31 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Need more well-poison? I know a good supplier. For a price.

He doesn't need me to poison any well. He poisoned it himself the moment he opened his mouth.

You atheists- who propagate reason and rationale religiously- should be utterly ashamed of yourselves for allowing your anti-Christian bias to influence your opinions to such a point as that you are quite willing to crucify reason and rationale by intentionally refusing to acknowledge the almost innumerable logical fallacies Ken Humphreys employs on his website.

I often wonder if the hatred of religion can take the atheistic mind so far as to castrate skepticism in favor of a strap-on commonly known as denialism.

If you think Humpherys has a single rational argument supported with tangible evidence, bring it here.

Wink Shades

Haven't read the website so I can't really comment on that.

I will reply to your point about some atheists taking their hatred for religion to what I would call hysterical levels.

Yes, there are some among the atheist community who have done just that, and they're quite often the most outspoken among our community, just as the hysterical, hate inducing theists are often the most vocal among their communities.

Fortunately, for every atheist and, for the most part theist, like that there are 20 or more rational people to drown them out.
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 21, 2014 at 3:43 pm)Brucer Wrote: You atheists- who propagate reason and rationale religiously- should be utterly ashamed of yourselves for allowing your anti-Christian bias to influence your opinions to such a point as that you are quite willing to crucify reason and rationale by intentionally refusing to acknowledge the almost innumerable logical fallacies Ken Humphreys employs on his website.

I didn't even know Ken Humphreys existed before he was mentioned in this thread. Doesn't change a thing though. My reason (pun intended) tells me, there's absolutely no evidence for the historical Jesus. There's also no evidence for him not having lived.

Doesn't change the fact though, he's a walking collection of preexisting myths.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(December 21, 2014 at 2:48 pm)Brucer Wrote:
(December 21, 2014 at 2:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote: "Paul" seems as legendary as fucking jesus. Xtians desperately assert that "Clement of Rome" - another phony literary character - wrote an epistle that they date to the persecution of Domitian. Trouble is, there was no persecution of Domitian. Decius, 250 AD, was the first Roman emperor to persecute xtians and he didn't even single them out. That epistle is so important because it is the only first century reference to "Peter" or "Paul" but the fact is that like the rest of the nonsense it comes from the second century.

So much of the story cannot withstand scrutiny.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/persecutions.html

Humphreys from Jesus Never Existed?

Please don't tell me that's how you conclude that Jesus was a Myth? Almost every position he holds is an argument from silence.

Not once does he provide a single stitch of tangible evidence to support his assertions.

All he says is stuff such as, "This guy said nothing, that guy said nothing, this place never existed, yada yada yada."

You will need someone far more credible than him, because seriously, he's laughed at and scorned in the scholarly community.

You know, the fact of the matter is that you will shit on any author who disputes what you believe because....simply....people like you are inherently intellectually dishonest. Facts mean nothing to you.

Well lad, I can't find a citation from a webstie called Isuckedjesus'cock.com because those are committed to upholding your point of view. You believe in a scattered selection of your own bullshit and there is nothing that anyone can say which will dissuade you.

Again, people like the prof and some of the other fundies we have around here are jackasses but they are more honest than you. They do not attempt to whittle down their bullshit to something more politically correct in the 21st century.

You are a phony.

P.S. when you can come up with evidence that Humphreys is wrong, get back to us.
(December 21, 2014 at 3:49 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(December 21, 2014 at 3:43 pm)Brucer Wrote: He doesn't need me to poison any well. He poisoned it himself the moment he opened his mouth.

Wink Shades

Haven't read the website so I can't really comment on that.

I will reply to your point about some atheists taking their hatred for religion to what I would call hysterical levels.

Yes, there are some among the atheist community who have done just that, and they're quite often the most outspoken among our community, just as the hysterical, hate inducing theists are often the most vocal among their communities.

Fortunately, for every atheist and, for the most part theist, like that there are 20 or more rational people to drown them out.

Hey! I appreciate your candor and your honesty. Thank you.

Worship (large)
(December 21, 2014 at 3:43 pm)Brucer Wrote:
(December 21, 2014 at 3:31 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Need more well-poison? I know a good supplier. For a price.

Wink Shades

Hey look, turns out he needed a whole lot more well poison! Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(December 21, 2014 at 4:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(December 21, 2014 at 2:48 pm)Brucer Wrote: Humphreys from Jesus Never Existed?

Please don't tell me that's how you conclude that Jesus was a Myth? Almost every position he holds is an argument from silence.

Not once does he provide a single stitch of tangible evidence to support his assertions.

All he says is stuff such as, "This guy said nothing, that guy said nothing, this place never existed, yada yada yada."

You will need someone far more credible than him, because seriously, he's laughed at and scorned in the scholarly community.

You know, the fact of the matter is that you will shit on any author who disputes what you believe because....simply....people like you are inherently intellectually dishonest. Facts mean nothing to you.

That is not the "fact of the matter" whatsoever. I pride myself on critical thinking and will not hesitate to expose logical fallacies whenever they present themselves.

There is nothing intellectually dishonest with pointing out the fallacious reasoning and bravado Humprehys employs in abundance. I will even give you a chance to prove me wrong.

Bring me his best argument, just one.

Quote:Well lad, I can't find a citation from a webstie called Isuckedjesus'cock.com because those are committed to upholding your point of view. You believe in a scattered selection of your own bullshit and there is nothing that anyone can say which will dissuade you.

Please don't get so upset as to employ fallacious ad hominems and insults. All that ever does is further my point about atheistic extremism.

Quote:P.S. when you can come up with evidence that Humphreys is wrong, get back to us.

Like I said, bring me his best argument. Just one.
(December 21, 2014 at 3:43 pm)Brucer Wrote: You atheists- who propagate reason and rationale religiously- should be utterly ashamed of yourselves for allowing your anti-Christian bias to influence your opinions to such a point as that you are quite willing to crucify reason and rationale by intentionally refusing to acknowledge the almost innumerable logical fallacies Ken Humphreys employs on his website.

And now you've switched to poisoning the forum well. Please at least try to stay focussed. Countering whatever claims you bring to the table does not equate to "anti-Christian bias" nor "hatred of religion". Some of us don't particularly care for random strangers telling us how we think and what we believe. As Matt D would say, "you're done."
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 2346 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 4638 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 8096 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Creating Christ JML 26 3218 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3403 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1486 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3554 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2863 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 16058 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Consecrated virgins: 'I got married to Christ' zebo-the-fat 11 2063 December 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda