Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 1, 2024, 12:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rational defense of Christianity?
RE: Rational defense of Christianity?
What would be considered to be a blasphemous question?
(January 1, 2015 at 8:12 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: You have nothing. I see.

States the one with the imaginary friend.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Sionnach

Please quote one example of the claim that you made. If you are not able then we can conclude that your claim was made irresponsibly.

In case you can't remember, here is your claim and the response for you to answer:
Quote:'Divinely inspired' is a virtue posthumously awarded by generations unable to find fault with the statements.
Sionach Wrote:They must have been first grade level readers with barely any reading comprehension or critical thinking skills.
Please produce a theological statement that you've found fault with.
(January 1, 2015 at 8:35 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Please produce a theological statement that you've found fault with.

God exists.
~ Erin Hunter
I don't make that claim, and it's not a theological statement, but a statement of scientific knowledge. As I've said above, this cannot be possible. If anyone had knowledge that God existed than they wouldn't need faith or religion. Belief would be a thing of the past. So unless you know different, another challenge for you, please try again.
(January 1, 2015 at 8:16 pm)Drich Wrote: What would be considered to be a blasphemous question?

Well here is a good one.
Why is god so dumb to leave the tree in the garden of eden and gotten rid of the talking snake lizard. Because i would have gotten rid of the tree and the snake lizard knowing what would have happened.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 1, 2015 at 8:52 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: If anyone had knowledge that God existed than they wouldn't need faith or religion.

Which only reiterates the uselessness of faith, for there is no logical reason to believe in the existence of something if there is no empirical evidence to support its existence.

(January 1, 2015 at 8:52 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: please try again.

The full deity and humanity of Christ
The physical return of Christ
The authority and inerrancy of Scripture.
~ Erin Hunter
(January 1, 2015 at 9:07 pm)Sionnach Wrote:
(January 1, 2015 at 8:52 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: If anyone had knowledge that God existed than they wouldn't need faith or religion.

Which only reiterates the uselessness of faith, for there is no logical reason to believe in the existence of something if there is no empirical evidence to support its existence.

Logic = brain cycles.

Proof/ empirical evidence requires no brain cycles.

"Usefulness" in the context that you use it limits usefulness to empirically based study. Are you saying that theoretical physics and maths are not "useful" to study? Should we abandon study in those subjects?

If usefulness = not thinking/ not belief but fact, then you'd be ok. You could "logically" know that there is a God'. Do you see the problem??

(January 1, 2015 at 9:07 pm)Sionnach Wrote:
(January 1, 2015 at 8:52 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: please try again.

The full deity and humanity of Christ
The physical return of Christ
The authority and inerrancy of Scripture.

You don't seem to understand what I'm after. YOU point out a problem and WHY it's a problem.

Those things there are your blind assertions. I have nothing to defend as you haven't made any case to address.

What do you mean by the full deity and humanity of christ? You'll need to reference your biblical sources and point out what you think are logical flaws in the theology.

Do you like critical thinking? Here's an ideal opportunity for you to demonstrate some original thinking and ideas for us to work with. I like critical thinking and skepticism so will be pretty much guaranteed to enjoy the exchange. Hopefully I can learn something.
(January 1, 2015 at 9:03 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(January 1, 2015 at 8:16 pm)Drich Wrote: What would be considered to be a blasphemous question?

Well here is a good one.
Why is god so dumb to leave the tree in the garden of eden and gotten rid of the talking snake lizard. Because i would have gotten rid of the tree and the snake lizard knowing what would have happened.

The tree represents choice. Since the tree was placed in the garden from the beginning, it means God intended that we be given choice.

That choice being His will or our own.

What else you got?
(January 2, 2015 at 1:24 am)Drich Wrote: The tree represents choice. Since the tree was placed in the garden from the beginning, it means God intended that we be given choice.

That choice being His will or our own.

What else you got?

So are you saying God is anti-choice or just really bad at creating people who'll carry out his plan?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plantinga's "Free Will" defense contradicts Christianity mrj 96 6462 February 8, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 7230 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  An abortion in defense of the Bible. IanHulett 3 1414 July 19, 2015 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The most insane defense of faith healing ever Esquilax 38 6862 February 27, 2015 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Judgement day defense strageity [sic] Pt. 2 Mudhammam 26 6000 November 5, 2014 at 12:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Judgement day defense strageity. Drich 87 12614 November 4, 2014 at 7:31 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8649 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18604 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Defense Walking Void 13 3658 August 26, 2013 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My Defense of Christianity. CBA222 197 76858 September 3, 2012 at 2:20 am
Last Post: Lion IRC