Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 5, 2024, 4:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WELCOME TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER...
RE: WELCOME TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER...
BOHICA
(January 3, 2015 at 9:12 am)Gawdzilla Wrote: BOHICA

And going in dry ROFLOL
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
This might be interesting.

https://www.pitzer.edu/academics/faculty...theism.pdf

There is not a lot of evidence, if any, that religion supports a stronger and healthier society.
(January 2, 2015 at 11:44 pm)ronedee Wrote: I am troubled that no one here is vigilant, or even concerned about our ever encroaching, corrupt government. Its just accepted as "progress"!!
In a day and age when there is more and more investigative reporting and more people recording each other (audio and video) and more cynicism and more transparency (often to the chagrin of those who used to take privacy for granted) it may just be that it seems as if things are getting worse. But all it might mean is that the stuff that used to go on in secrecy is much more likely to be brought to light. That's a good thing. But it also can make it seem as if we're suddenly being overwhelmed by bad people doing bad things. No... there have always been bad people doing bad things, but now we catch more of them in the act.

Mind you, I can recall people lamenting the state of the world for as long as I've been alive, and I know that my parents and their parents heard the same. We tend to filter the past through a very different lens than we use to observe the present and guess at the future. So it may simply be natural to worry that things are getting worse and that there is no end in sight because no one cares enough to change it.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(January 3, 2015 at 10:50 am)Natachan Wrote: This might be interesting.

https://www.pitzer.edu/academics/faculty...theism.pdf

There is not a lot of evidence, if any, that religion supports a stronger and healthier society.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...heist.html
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 3, 2015 at 4:30 am)Huggy74 Wrote:
(January 2, 2015 at 6:30 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Consider for a second that often the most secular, least religious societies also tend to be some of the most prosperous financially and socially, and also the happiest.

You can't be serious.

You of all people should realize communism introduced "state atheism" FIDEL....

Go study Stalinist Russian and see how much of a "utopia" it was.

Which part of "often" do you find so challenging?
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(January 3, 2015 at 4:30 am)Huggy74 Wrote: You can't be serious.

Can you try to wrap your mind around the terms secular vs atheist? Secular only means, religion keeps it's sticky fingers out of politics, which is how most European governments operate. What it doesn't mean is religion being forbidden.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(January 3, 2015 at 4:30 am)Huggy74 Wrote:
(January 2, 2015 at 6:30 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Consider for a second that often the most secular, least religious societies also tend to be some of the most prosperous financially and socially, and also the happiest.

You can't be serious.

While he's doing that, you might want to take some remedial English. He didn't say one word about state atheism, but was instead referring to countries like Denmark and Norway, where the society is secular (meaning free of religious influence in societal structures).

Additionally, the GULags of the USSR weren't created in order to punish the religious. They were established in order to punish those who violated Article 58 of the Soviet Consdtitution, which concerned itself with counter-revolution, subversion, treason, and other crimes against the state. Being faithful was not considered one of those crimes.

I looked up atheism in my thesaurus and I came up with the following:

Science
Evolution
Secularism
God haters
Devil worshippers
Big bangers
Atheistic science
Worldview from nothing
Humanist
True atheist
Sceptic
Skeptic
Sckeptic
Guy who doesn't understand spiritual science
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 3, 2015 at 4:30 am)Huggy74 Wrote: You can't be serious.

Whoa, two examples! I guess Denmark, Sweden, Australia and so on just ceased to exist! Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3634 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  In order for Jesus to change your soul first he has to break your spirit. Zidneya 6 2380 August 1, 2014 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Christian bigots sell out their own moral commandments in order to preach to gays. Esquilax 22 5041 July 13, 2014 at 7:23 am
Last Post: John V
  Can raw energy create Order Christian 57 14377 September 17, 2013 at 10:12 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Have any women you've known ever followed the biblical order in Lev.15? Brakeman 12 4631 September 5, 2013 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Captain Colostomy