Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 6:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WELCOME TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER...
RE: WELCOME TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER...
(January 15, 2015 at 11:17 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote:
(January 15, 2015 at 11:14 am)Huggy74 Wrote: A yes or no will suffice, thanks.

You showing an inclination to learn about something you know nothing about but insisting on arguing about would also suffice, thanks.

Your refusal to answer a simple yes or no question is very telling.
(January 15, 2015 at 11:21 am)Huggy74 Wrote:
(January 15, 2015 at 11:17 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: You showing an inclination to learn about something you know nothing about but insisting on arguing about would also suffice, thanks.

Your refusal to answer a simple yes or no question is very telling.

No it's not. I answered about 10 pages back, but you refused to even contemplate learning for a second and instead resorted to your default; bullshit.

I could say yes and indiciate that secular structures do not need to be codified or indeed entrenched that that state can still nominally endorse a religion whilst being entirely secular in operations (like the UK), but you wouldn't understand it.

Thankfully the more informed, non-idiotic readers of this thread understand the points I and others have been making for 10+ pages which you do not. And that's all that matters.

-20 I think now, mate.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
What does secular mean though? Does it mean round? Like secular logic?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 15, 2015 at 11:30 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: I could say yes and indiciate that secular structures do not need to be codified or indeed entrenched that that state can still nominally endorse a religion whilst being entirely secular in operations (like the UK), but you wouldn't understand it.

If the state endorses a religion it is NOT secular, it seems that you're the one who doesn't. have a clue.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secularity
Quote:Secularity (adjective form secular, from Latin saecularis meaning "worldly" or "temporal") is the state of being separate from religion, or not being exclusively allied with or against any particular religion
Quote:A related term, secularism, is the principle that government institutions and their representatives should remain separate from religious institutions, their beliefs, and their dignitaries. Most businesses and corporations, and some governments, are secular organizations.

A yes or no to what question? You can assume I'm too dim to figure it out on my own, I don't mind.

Denmark is an example of a secular country that is a religious nation (officially Lutheran, I think).

Paraguay is an example of a religious country that is a secular nation.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I'm assuming you're talking about the populace, were discussing secularism as it pertains to the state/government.
(January 15, 2015 at 11:48 am)Huggy74 Wrote:
(January 15, 2015 at 11:30 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: I could say yes and indiciate that secular structures do not need to be codified or indeed entrenched that that state can still nominally endorse a religion whilst being entirely secular in operations (like the UK), but you wouldn't understand it.

If the state endorses a religion it is NOT secular, it seems that you're the one who doesn't. have a clue.
Quote:Secularity (adjective form secular, from Latin saecularis meaning "worldly" or "temporal") is the state of being separate from religion, or not being exclusively allied with or against any particular religion
Quote:A related term, secularism, is the principle that government institutions and their representatives should remain separate from religious institutions, their beliefs, and their dignitaries. Most businesses and corporations, and some governments, are secular organizations.

Nah. Again, because you're incapable of learning, I feel the nuances of a de jure de facto argument are lost on you.

-15, because you actually decided to at least type secularism into Google.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

(January 15, 2015 at 11:48 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:

A yes or no to what question? You can assume I'm too dim to figure it out on my own, I don't mind.

Denmark is an example of a secular country that is a religious nation (officially Lutheran, I think).

Paraguay is an example of a religious country that is a secular nation.

Don't. Dry nights can barely keep up as it is. Introducing further complications will only make him implode.

(January 15, 2015 at 11:56 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote:
(January 15, 2015 at 11:48 am)Huggy74 Wrote: If the state endorses a religion it is NOT secular, it seems that you're the one who doesn't. have a clue.

Nah. Again, because you're incapable of learning, I feel the nuances of a de jure de facto argument are lost on you.

-15, because you actually decided to at least type secularism into Google.

Apparently you've got nothing, understood.
Correct Huggables, your unwillingness to flip back a few pages = you win.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 4004 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  In order for Jesus to change your soul first he has to break your spirit. Zidneya 6 2493 August 1, 2014 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Christian bigots sell out their own moral commandments in order to preach to gays. Esquilax 22 5387 July 13, 2014 at 7:23 am
Last Post: John V
  Can raw energy create Order Christian 57 15220 September 17, 2013 at 10:12 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Have any women you've known ever followed the biblical order in Lev.15? Brakeman 12 4948 September 5, 2013 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Captain Colostomy