Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 7, 2024, 6:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best description of Christianity
RE: Best description of Christianity
It's basically Hypesthesia, a way to dull pain using mental manipulation without drugs or other distractions.
That's a good point. I have heard before, "I don't care if I'm wrong, this makes me feel comfortable." I think that is the truth behind it for many people, whether or not they even admit that to themselves. Then the smokescreen of ridiculous flawed arguments is thrown up.

It is just like dulling your brain so you don't have to think.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(February 9, 2015 at 8:26 am)Spooky Wrote: [Image: 54d7328eeee27_zpsmzejxk7b.jpeg~320x480]

Faulty logic and a misrepresentation of reality. I've not seen a better representation of Christianity than the above.

In 15 words or less, your description of Christianity (or religion in general)

True Christianity = True Charity
False Christianity = False Charity
Where Forgiveness is the greatest act of charity of all

Christ Jesus = Restorative Justice (forgiveness correction restitution)
Antichrist = Retributive Justice (judgment punishment rejection)

I think you are referring to FALSE christianity which is Antichrist.
Claiming to enforce laws of justice, but causing injustice instead.
(February 10, 2015 at 6:30 pm)emilynghiem Wrote: True Christianity = True Charity
False Christianity = False Charity
Where Forgiveness is the greatest act of charity of all

Christ Jesus = Restorative Justice (forgiveness correction restitution)
Antichrist = Retributive Justice (judgment punishment rejection)

I think you are referring to FALSE christianity which is Antichrist.
Claiming to enforce laws of justice, but causing injustice instead.

If that's the case, Christ Jesus is a miserable cunt. "Sorry Mr. False Christian, the man who raped and murdered your five year old child will not be punished. He will be forgiven, corrected and restituted instead. If you don't agree then you aren't a TRUE Christian." People that think this way should be monitored for psychopathic tendencies.
dishonest, misogynistic, homophobic, racist, hateful, vengeful, vile, pedophilia (you know cause back then and even till now in the middle east its still a thing), lies.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Best description of Christianity
(February 9, 2015 at 10:50 am)Drich Wrote: Religion= a work of man to worship or live by a set of man made rules

Christianity (big "C") God's effort to free us from religion.

Small 'c' christianity is just another religion.

Imagine saying this about a leprechaun and you will understand how stupid this sounds. I feel embarrassed for you.
(February 9, 2015 at 10:50 am)Drich Wrote: Christianity (big "C") God's effort to free us from religion.

By sacrificing himself to himself to act as a loophole for a rule he himself made.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(February 10, 2015 at 8:24 pm)Simon Moon Wrote:
(February 9, 2015 at 10:50 am)Drich Wrote: Christianity (big "C") God's effort to free us from religion.
By sacrificing himself to himself to act as a loophole for a rule he himself made.
So the big "C" stands for "Complicated."
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(February 10, 2015 at 8:24 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: By sacrificing himself to himself to act as a loophole for a rule he himself made.

Because a woman made out of spare ribs gave an Apple to her dirty boyfriend. Which was against the rules...
Christianity: political group spawned via a bullshit story concocted with the intent to control the gullible.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Trying close to my best to rationalize Christianity sausagerock 65 6612 January 29, 2020 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Best books debunking Christianity KiwiNFLFan 83 15667 January 16, 2020 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  a brilliant description of growing up fundamentalist female drfuzzy 12 3677 March 4, 2016 at 9:09 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 7235 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8653 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18605 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)