Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 7, 2024, 6:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best description of Christianity
RE: Best description of Christianity
You think there's these weird boundaries as to how far something can evolve, then it hits a brick wall or goes round in circles. That's a position you need to support because it's untrue.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(February 13, 2015 at 2:21 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(February 13, 2015 at 1:58 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Possibly because they have the same creator?

Or because they evolved from the same species? Let's see - we have species and natural selection. We don't have a creator. Occam's Razor - we have a winner. Come back with a credible proof for a creator and we'll reconsider evolution.

I thought it was Hitchens razor?

(February 12, 2015 at 1:51 am)Stimbo Wrote: Based on the basic principle of Hitchens' Razor, but more on the fact that you don't get to tell me I can't.

seriously, you guys need to get on the same page.Smile
Occam's Razor: "Plurality should not be posited without necessity.” Often expressed as "Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

Hitchens' Razor: "That which is asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

My name is Stimbo and I have been your Google for today.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 13, 2015 at 2:31 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(February 13, 2015 at 2:21 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Or because they evolved from the same species? Let's see - we have species and natural selection. We don't have a creator. Occam's Razor - we have a winner. Come back with a credible proof for a creator and we'll reconsider evolution.

I thought it was Hitchens razor?

(February 12, 2015 at 1:51 am)Stimbo Wrote: Based on the basic principle of Hitchens' Razor, but more on the fact that you don't get to tell me I can't.

seriously, you guys need to get on the same page.Smile

That's funny, I didn't realize that Stimbo and Homeless Nutter were the same person. Why would you expect identical positions from people just because they're both atheists, when atheism is merely a single position, and not a worldview that could inform multiple stances on reality?

Besides, if you actually think two people not marching in lockstep is a weakness, then maybe look to the thousands of denominations of religion, and try to get them on the same page, while you continue to avoid defining what you're talking about in order to equivocate wildly.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(February 13, 2015 at 1:47 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: so what ever two "canines" he took aboard the Ark are the ancestors of all the canines we have today, the animals that he didn't take went extinct.

The Bible commits this mistake in both the Creation Myth and the Ark Myth. Two of every species is not sufficient genetic diversity to sustain the species for more than a generation.

It shouldn't take a biologist to tell you why. Who are their children going to breed with? Each other?

*banjos playing*

Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(February 13, 2015 at 3:19 pm)Esquilax Wrote: Why would you expect identical positions from people just because they're both atheists, when atheism is merely a single position, and not a worldview that could inform multiple stances on reality?

Because holding similar posistion is what you guys do. You didn't accumulate over 14,000 kudos by people disagreeing with you. How how many kudos did you get when you stated that Denmark was secular, despite being wrong?
(February 13, 2015 at 3:36 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Because holding similar posistion is what you guys do.

So now you're equivocating between similar and identical, presumably to cover for the total lack of content in your other positions in this thread? Thinking

Quote: You didn't accumulate over 14,000 kudos by people disagreeing with you. How how many kudos did you get when you stated that Denmark was secular, despite being wrong?

Many more than you did, when you equivocated between secular and militantly atheist/communist. The large amount of kudos is a byproduct of having a correct, honest position; it's no wonder you're so perturbed by other people attaining that.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(February 13, 2015 at 3:31 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: It shouldn't take a biologist to tell you why. Who are their children going to breed with? Each other?
At one point that had to be the case right? The marrying of relatives was common early in the Bible, And to this day, Jewish people suffer from having a small genetic pool.

Jewish Genetic Diseases

(February 13, 2015 at 3:40 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(February 13, 2015 at 3:36 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: You didn't accumulate over 14,000 kudos by people disagreeing with you. How how many kudos did you get when you stated that Denmark was secular, despite being wrong?

Many more than you did, when you equivocated between secular and militantly atheist/communist. The large amount of kudos is a byproduct of having a correct, honest position; it's no wonder you're so perturbed by other people attaining that.

Nah, It doesn't bother me that every time you roll your face across the keyboard you get a kudos, that just makes it meaningless.

I had to earn every one that I do haveWink
Early in the bible...

I'm out. I tried! Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(February 13, 2015 at 3:48 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Nah, It doesn't bother me that every time you roll your face across the keyboard you get a kudos, that just makes it meaningless.

So, are you going to start justifying any of the claims you've made regarding evolution in this thread? Thinking

Quote:I had to earn every one that I do haveWink

Yes, I suspect it does take you quite a bit more mental strain to come to a correct conclusion than it does for me. This isn't shocking news.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Trying close to my best to rationalize Christianity sausagerock 65 6612 January 29, 2020 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Best books debunking Christianity KiwiNFLFan 83 15667 January 16, 2020 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  a brilliant description of growing up fundamentalist female drfuzzy 12 3677 March 4, 2016 at 9:09 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 7235 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8653 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18605 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)