Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 11:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best of all possible worlds offense
RE: Best of all possible worlds offense
The only payment made for sin is in this life, Pops...and god isn't the one collecting on that debt.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 25, 2015 at 3:30 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote: He is merciful in that you can be forgiven.

I dunno. I find that apologizing works pretty well most of the time. No god required. The concept of one person killing himself in order to cover for all of the bad things I haven't even done yet is somewhere between creepy and hysterical. The idea that he did so in order to keep his super-powered twin from fucking me up eight ways to Sunday is only creepy and hysterical because it's made up.

I mean, come on. "I'm sorry" is two words and can resolve a lot of bad situations. "Thanks Jesus for killing yourself so that you won't beat the shit out of me for all of eternity" is the kind of movie even Uwe Boll would be ashamed to crowdfund.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
The idea that a third party can forgive you for what you have done to another or yourself is disgusting, and completely erodes the foundation of the concepts of justice, mercy, and forgiveness.  If the people who believe in this shit were right, then there would still be no reason to pay them any attention, and certainly no reason to bow before their megalomaniacal gods. We'll still seek forgiveness from those we've harmed, we'll still -rightly- ignore the intrusion of divine parasites looking to make the misery and loss of others their own gain.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
There is the obvious scenario: person A wrongs person B, then seeks forgiveness from god through Christ, but does not seek person B's forgiveness.

Has person A been forgiven by god?
- If YES, then person B is shit out of luck, and might actually be in the wrong for not forgiving someone that god forgave.
- If NO, then person A needs person B's forgiveness, in which case... what did he need god for?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I love how god is willing to forgive us for how it made us. Real classy of it.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
FatAndFaithless

Given that the typo in the last equation is a typo how does it not make sense? Is this your only argument?

If some psycho is walking down a gravel road oblivious to everything around him and he opens his left hand and notices that he has 3 marbles in it, and then opens his right hand and finds that he has 5 marbles in that hand is it safe to assume that he has at least 8 marbles on his person? Positive+ Positive= Positive.

If while contemplating this wonder due to his lack of memory he trips in a dip in said gravel road and due to slow reflexes he only opens his left hand to break his fall spilling the contents of his left hand on the road and breaking his ankle in the process do we, or he know that he has 5 marbles in his hand? Is that less than 8 marbles? Positive+ >negative= Positive

If this poor crazy bastard got up, marbles in hand, and started hobblin his ass on down that hard path again and a dead tree limb snaps at precisely the wrong moment striking his already haunched form squarely across his lower neck and upper back sending a mixed signal to his brain due to the sheer gravity of the limb and precise placement causing complete temporary motor control failure and in turn causing him to finally relinquish his remaining marbles and succumb to gravity once more himself can we somewhat safely say that this gentleman no longer has any marbles in his hands?
Positive+
=negative
= nothing

Poor bastard.

So found marbles in the first hand. A pleasant surprise. He figured it was a good thing. No harm from finding them in his left hand surely. He finds more marbles in the right hand. More positive. He falls loosing some but retaining the others. Still positive. He is literally struck down loosing the rest of his marbles from coincidence. He figures no biggie I was surprised that they were in my hand anyway.
Positive+ =negative = nothing.

Hows that for nonsensical?
We understand the concept of subtraction and addition, however bizarrely you present it. But can you elaborate on how any of that has to do with literally anything else in the world?
(June 25, 2015 at 4:34 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote: If some psycho is walking down a gravel road oblivious to everything around him and he opens his left hand and notices that he has 3 marbles in it, and then opens his right hand and finds that he has 5 marbles in that hand is it safe to assume that he has at least 8 marbles on his person?

If he opened his hands, then the marbles fell out and he has zero. He has --literally-- lost his marbles.

-Stephen Jay Gould
(June 25, 2015 at 8:51 am)popsthebuilder Wrote: All are one God. It is unity and a way of being that we may again attain despite our retched, manipulative, twisted inherent ways. That is the grace. Yes evil very well is a separate thing. It is indeed the unspeakable for mere speech or even thought of such is enough to derail this frail balance. Diseases, cancers natural disasters things seemingly out of our control can be linked to evil, bad, negative, or chaos, anarchy, indifference, the actual waste of energy. Even mathematics the true science is intricately enveloped in true philosophy. Positive+ Positive= positive.
negative+ negative= negative
=positive+ =negative= fucking nothing the absence there of.
Positive+ >negative= positive.

So forth and so on.
So how goes your fascinating and groundbreaking career in paint-huffing?
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Jesus Christ in the traditional sense has nothing to do with it. Hell in a traditional sense has nothing to do with it.
Of course Jesus Christ dying for everyone's sins forever would be completely counterproductive to our well being. Being sorry isn't the base. The base is the acceptance of a higher power than yourself. And acting as if life makes a fuck to you personally.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Three in five British adults say miracles are possible zebo-the-fat 15 2098 September 30, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Is it possible to avoid masterbation or nocturnal emission if you aren't married ? The Wise Joker 63 10004 January 31, 2017 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Is it possible for someone to take away the judgement from God? verbral 31 4512 November 12, 2016 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 70441 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Perfect, Best of Possible, or Better than Nothing: Which criterion? Hatshepsut 35 7059 May 19, 2015 at 6:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Is it possible to be a gay Christian? Dystopia 84 8244 July 30, 2014 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Raven
  Is it possible to be "born again" without faith? naturestubbs1 11 3946 July 9, 2014 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sanal Edamaruku is facing possible arrest in India for debunking a Jesus water drippi Ziploc Surprise 14 8974 April 13, 2012 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: genkaus
Question Is it possible there are some parodists among the authors in Answers in Genesis? Indian Chimpanzee 5 1880 October 9, 2011 at 7:01 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla