Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 1:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling it into question...
RE: Calling it into question...
(July 3, 2015 at 3:06 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote: Stand for something or stop flapping your gums.

Is that directed at me?

I stand for lots of things. You don't know me nor can you judge me. Don't like the fact that I take issue with the tripe you spew? Get bent. Evidence is key around here. Present some and we'll consider your position. Evidence. Not assertions or personal revelation or logical fallacies. Testable, verifiable evidence.

Evidence or shut the fuck up.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(July 3, 2015 at 3:09 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote: I come off as proud. I am a humble person. I am not arrogant. I kinda turn into a prick when people threaten and belittle me. Most do, it should be expected.

You are full of pride and arrogance. You simply refuse to see it.
I am not proud. Never was not even when I was atheist. It isn't in me.
(July 3, 2015 at 3:35 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote: I am not proud. Never was not even when I was atheist. It isn't in me.

It's certainly in the bile you've spewed all over this thread. Pride and arrogance both. You claim not to be these things yet they continually show up in your words.
(July 3, 2015 at 3:35 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote: I am not proud. Never was not even when I was atheist. It isn't in me.

Your self image is remarkably resilient.  Able to cop to personal revelation one moment and shrug off allegations of being proud the next.
If there is one thing I know other than Faith it's myself.
(July 3, 2015 at 3:21 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote:
(July 3, 2015 at 11:56 am)cercatorius Wrote: Hell is a product of Dante, not Jesus.

The popular descriptions owe much to Dante, but hell is very much biblical.

We can disagree on that particular takeaway. I'm enjoying reading through your comments, though. Smile

(July 3, 2015 at 3:21 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote:
(July 3, 2015 at 11:56 am)cercatorius Wrote: Hell is a product of Dante, not Jesus.

The popular descriptions owe much to Dante, but hell is very much biblical.

Actually, I should have been more clear - conscious eternal torment version of hell is what I do not believe is biblical.  Creating a hellish reality for ourselves here, I would agree is entirely biblical. We still may disagree, though.  Wink
(July 3, 2015 at 3:39 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote: If there is one thing I know other than Faith it's myself.

Then I would argue that you know neither very well.
Sure, sure, over 30 years experience in life, but I don't know myself just because others don't.

Nice
(July 3, 2015 at 3:55 pm)cercatorius Wrote: Actually, I should have been more clear - conscious eternal torment version of hell is what I do not believe is biblical.  Creating a hellish reality for ourselves here, I would agree is entirely biblical. We still may disagree, though.  Wink

We probably will have to agree to disagree. Everyone interprets their scriptures differently. But, jeebus spoke in the NT of a "lake of fire" into which the big devil daddy, all his angels and all his followers would be cast. Whether it's eternal or not is not referenced here, but it is addressed in other places.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1423 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  No more “lead us not into temptation” Fake Messiah 22 2607 June 15, 2019 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  A look into the mindset of an Evangelical Trumptard drfuzzy 10 1677 October 12, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Pope's visit to Ireland turning into a fiasco? Fake Messiah 11 2382 August 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  What's gotten into Italians? brewer 21 3135 March 5, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  You Put Absolutely NO Thought Into This Astonished 45 10172 August 28, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Putting things into perspective dyresand 6 1572 December 12, 2015 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Sure some of you run into this too. Brian37 6 2054 April 26, 2015 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  The books that never made it into the Bible. Celestine 18 5570 September 20, 2014 at 5:15 am
Last Post: Celestine
  Calling all Christians: These bears need Jesus Mudhammam 11 3506 June 21, 2014 at 6:27 am
Last Post: hobie