Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 11:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
Hall of wit and epicness.
RE: Hall of wit and epicness.
(December 23, 2013 at 1:10 am)Brakeman Wrote:
(December 23, 2013 at 12:04 am)snowtracks Wrote: ..
The causal agent is not beholden to time.

"causal agent" WOOOooooo! that sounds sooo scientific! But for you it means "MAGIC WoooHoo Man!"

So tell me how the "MAGIC WoooHoo Man" doesn't follow any laws of physics or exist in a physical realm yet manages to affect this world in a manner that has never been observed? Feel free to use lots of scientific sounding words..

Tell me how the "MAGIC WoooHoo Man" managed to stop the universe to a standstill, with no ill effect, just so some bronze age nomads could win a primitive battle. Give us some vectors and big numbers with odd units to wow us.

Tell me how the WoooHoo Magic made a tree fruit contain special knowledge. I'm curious how eating a fruit can educate someone in such a manner. Can you explain that with big dictionary words too??

ROFLOL
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 1, 2014 at 8:17 am)Zen Badger Wrote: A BA and an MA in philosophy hey?

So you get to ask WHY the customer wants fries with that.

[Image: 5123770.jpg]
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 15, 2014 at 2:26 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
Quote:again if you did not find God and stopped Asking and seeking then you did not follow the model in luke 11. You may have very earnestly asked and sought, but you did not knock. 1/3 of everything Jesus has to say in that passage is on the importance of knocking. If you did not knock you did not complete the perscribed path. therefore you did not do it 'my' or rather God's way.

And this is the dishonest lynchpin of Drich's entire A/S/K bullshit: the moment you even consider that there might be a failure state for his test, you're no longer doing it correctly. All he's done is posited an unfalsifiable, and therefore irrational, justification for his belief.

As usual. Rolleyes
I've been trying to figure out how to word a succinct refutation of A/S/K and here Esquilax hits it right on the head!
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(January 16, 2014 at 12:04 am)Darkstar Wrote:
(January 15, 2014 at 2:26 pm)Esquilax Wrote: And this is the dishonest lynchpin of Drich's entire A/S/K bullshit: the moment you even consider that there might be a failure state for his test, you're no longer doing it correctly. All he's done is posited an unfalsifiable, and therefore irrational, justification for his belief.

As usual. Rolleyes
I've been trying to figure out how to word a succinct refutation of A/S/K and here Esquilax hits it right on the head!

He does that Rolleyes
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(January 16, 2014 at 12:04 am)Darkstar Wrote:
(January 15, 2014 at 2:26 pm)Esquilax Wrote: And this is the dishonest lynchpin of Drich's entire A/S/K bullshit: the moment you even consider that there might be a failure state for his test, you're no longer doing it correctly. All he's done is posited an unfalsifiable, and therefore irrational, justification for his belief.

As usual. Rolleyes

Oddly enough he hit it better then me and yet I was the one drippy was referring to. Either way it is just a non answer from drippy to protect his faith.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(January 16, 2014 at 7:51 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The whole point of lipstick is to make a woman's mouth look like a vagina...

Boru
(January 19, 2014 at 5:17 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(January 18, 2014 at 2:21 am)Polaris Wrote: Even though I am going into no True Scotsman territory, I'd say most who say they are Christian aren't really Christian....it's just that they grew up being told they were such.

I've always found it odd, the way some people want to equate a lack of knowledge about a religion as not being a part of it, for a number of reasons. First of all, if salvation is through faith, it shouldn't matter how much you actually understand, right? Additionally, there's clearly some other component beyond religious knowledge involved in that equation, since you wouldn't consider an atheist who knows the bible word for word to be a christian, would you? Thinking

Lastly, it's not a definition we'd apply anywhere else, either; if I play chess and lose all the time, am I not playing chess? Polaris, what you're describing isn't someone who isn't a christian but thinks they are.

You're describing a christian who's bad at their religion.

nailed it.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 20, 2014 at 4:56 pm)Alice Wrote:
(January 20, 2014 at 4:55 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Lol, anarchy.

Lol, nationalism Wink
(January 21, 2014 at 9:26 am)rasetsu Wrote: Pain, discomfort, and anxiety are nature's way of getting you to do something.
(January 20, 2014 at 8:43 am)rasetsu Wrote:
(January 19, 2014 at 5:17 am)Esquilax Wrote: I've always found it odd, the way some people want to equate a lack of knowledge about a religion as not being a part of it, for a number of reasons. First of all, if salvation is through faith, it shouldn't matter how much you actually understand, right? Additionally, there's clearly some other component beyond religious knowledge involved in that equation, since you wouldn't consider an atheist who knows the bible word for word to be a christian, would you? Thinking

Lastly, it's not a definition we'd apply anywhere else, either; if I play chess and lose all the time, am I not playing chess? Polaris, what you're describing isn't someone who isn't a christian but thinks they are.

You're describing a christian who's bad at their religion.

nailed it.

Yeah no. It's OK. You Americans (regardless of beliefs) rarely examine cultures outside of your own.

You try and pretend that they are the same as yours (even other Western powers like France) and you end up with responses like you two give.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] AF Hall of Shame, various discussion including Denmark & bible contradiction Edwardo Piet 181 14109 March 1, 2018 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Hall of epic cuteness............... Brian37 13 1669 December 16, 2017 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hall of random shit Cyberman 55 10066 November 11, 2017 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Joods
  AF Hall of Mirth (Post Edition) Jackalope 117 35117 December 4, 2016 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Hall of Utter Cuteness and Intense Adorableness Edwardo Piet 51 8127 September 9, 2016 at 9:51 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  AF Hall of Horror Foxaèr 32 3379 July 18, 2016 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hall of Salad, Word Salad that Is Jenny A 35 6838 September 27, 2015 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Tongue Hall of Irony Bob Kelso 0 1325 June 26, 2015 at 4:53 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
Star Internet Hall of Crazy Tea Earl Grey Hot 5 3562 May 16, 2014 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Violet
  Privacy concerns from [split] AF Hall of Shame (Post Edition) Rayaan 178 38298 January 8, 2014 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Rayaan