Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 11:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
The availability of guns is just a small piece of the puzzle, unfortunately. Until the other pieces are successfully addressed, gun laws make sense. That they aren't perfect isn't good call to repeal them.
(January 4, 2013 at 3:39 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Beware of complete twats with guns.

Makes them dangerous.

Well, nationalize the gun industry, and you can control whom you supply the guns with.
I think the second amendment is a nice thing, like, it allows the people to form a militia in times of great need, and actually trains potential army recruits before they go to the boot camp, I'd say its a great thing to be handy wiht a gun before you go and join up with the army, at least you won't be a total clueless when you're presented with your rifle.
On the other hand, nationalisation of the gun industry would have the benefit of requiring specific things from people who want to buy and own guns.
For example, you could sell them to people that have a certain average income per year, and you'd request psychiatric evaluations for people who want to own guns in order to keep them from getting into the wrong hands.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(September 22, 2013 at 1:45 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: ....and actually trains potential army recruits before they go to the boot camp...

Um...no?
(September 22, 2013 at 2:01 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote:
(September 22, 2013 at 1:45 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: ....and actually trains potential army recruits before they go to the boot camp...

Um...no?

Um, yes. I know this from the people we're fighting.
They are introduced to guns from an early age, so when they leave for the mountains to join with the other militants, they do receive gun training, though that is only to get used to the gun, while our recruits, who have never ever had a gun in their hands, often are inferior shots to the militants, except for our special forces of course, who are more highly trained. But for privates, the training usually takes up at most 3 months, this amount of time won't make you into a good marksman.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Scroll down to the video links.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/19...tail=email
Blame the car and not the drunk driver
[Image: 67i6qf.jpg]
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Robert A. Heinlein
Would you blame sports car for an accident instead of drunk driver?
Good guy Ronald Reagan

Again, I must agree with you. Shotguns should be highly regulated, too.
(September 23, 2013 at 4:53 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Again, I must agree with you. Shotguns should be highly regulated, too.

In what way? Different from rifles? The same? Why?
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
Because I would like to know that the person buying it is not fucking nuts.
When buying a long gun, there is no distinction between a rifle or a shotgun as far as the paperwork and background check are concerned. Same form. Handguns have more paper work, but I forget the details.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1763 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2276 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72596 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 12996 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3133 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2406 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist