Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Hail The Free Market
All Hail The Free Market
http://www.12news.com/story/news/2015/09.../72424098/

Quote:Company hikes price 5,000% for drug that fights complication of AIDS, cancer

Pay it or die, seems to be their motto.  Someone can now tell me about the marvels of capitalism.
All Hail The Free Market
I should have bought stock in that company.
RE: All Hail The Free Market
Apparently it is possible to shame a sleazebag.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/pharma-b...ice-gouge/

Quote:‘Pharma Bro’ backs down: Martin Shkreli will roll back outrageous Daraprim price gouge
I have to wonder what legal actions were threatened against him.

And idiot like that wouldn't likely bow to public pressure.
Dying to live, living to die.
You're probably right, Beccs.  These are people who can steal billions and sleep like babies.
http://www.local8now.com/home/headlines/...74441.html

Quote:ALBANY, Ga. (AP) - A former peanut company executive was sentenced Monday to 28 years in prison for his role in a deadly salmonella outbreak, the stiffest punishment ever handed out to a producer in a foodborne illness case.
The outbreak in 2008 and 2009 killed nine Americans and sickened hundreds more, and triggered one of the largest food recalls in U.S. history.

Quote:A federal jury convicted Parnell, 61, of knowingly shipping contaminated peanut butter and of faking results of lab tests intended to screen for salmonella. Judge W. Louis Sands estimated Parnell faced up to 803 years in prison for his crimes.
"These acts were driven simply by the desire to profit and to protect profits notwithstanding the known risks" from salmonella, the judge said. "This is commonly and accurately referred to as greed."

It’s all bout dem Benjamins..

At least the justice system caught up with this scumbag.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Wow... Martin "Pharma Bro" Shkreli is quite the sonofabitch.

Pharma Bro Martin Shkreli Gouged Kids with Kidney Disease Before Ripping Off AIDS Patients

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/pharma-b...-patients/
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Here's another story about greedy corporate cocksuckers.  This explains why they want a "free" market.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/greedy-u...ving-drug/

Quote:Greedy US drug company sues Canada to stop discounting of $700,000 per year life-saving drug

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All Hail the Second Amendment Minimalist 3795 631148 August 14, 2020 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2175 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why does it have to be government vs market? Aegon 15 3055 December 30, 2017 at 11:47 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  The Invisible Hand of the Market Has You By The Balls Minimalist 29 5815 March 17, 2015 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Invisible Hand of the Market....Again Minimalist 38 11317 February 18, 2014 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  The end of free speech and free protest in the UK Gooders1002 3 1424 January 31, 2014 at 1:43 pm
  Another Example of the Invisible Hand of the Market Minimalist 11 4433 January 21, 2014 at 11:34 pm
  Some People Call This "The Invisible Hand of the Market" Minimalist 0 1000 July 29, 2013 at 3:23 pm
  How the market liberalisation of prostetution increased the exploitation of women. Something completely different 15 5970 June 1, 2013 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Mahafsoun NM
  Some People Call This "The Invisible Hand of the Market" Minimalist 5 2086 August 3, 2012 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Faith No More