Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 3:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
(November 6, 2013 at 8:18 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote:
(November 6, 2013 at 7:27 pm)Brakeman Wrote: So when he "breaks in" in the near future, what tool should I grab to protect my wife and three daughters?

The phone. Or you could try outsmarting him pre-emptively with....locks.

(Did he wave a gun around at your neighbor? Do you really think waving one yourself, particularly if he doesn't, is a positive sign? Who is really the one to fear here?)

I have and use locks, just like the other neighbor. She said she had a gun when she met him in her house.

How much leeway do I owe a home invader? Do I let them have the first attack or wait patiently while they enter my girls' bedrooms? Why do I owe a home invader anything at all?

Of course if the cops can get there in time, I'd always let them handle it, I am referring to the time before they arrive.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(November 6, 2013 at 8:55 pm)Brakeman Wrote: How much leeway do I owe a home invader? Do I let them have the first attack or wait patiently while they enter my girls' bedrooms?

According to law, you wait, actually. He can actually sue you if you attack him. Fucking insane.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(November 6, 2013 at 9:19 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote:
(November 6, 2013 at 8:55 pm)Brakeman Wrote: How much leeway do I owe a home invader? Do I let them have the first attack or wait patiently while they enter my girls' bedrooms?

According to law, you wait, actually. He can actually sue you if you attack him. Fucking insane.

Not in South Carolina! I can pin a target over his heart and blast him if he is inside my home at night.

Also, according to my recollection this was also true in Tennessee, Texas, Florida, and probably more southern states.
Quote:more southern states.

I sense a pattern.
(November 6, 2013 at 11:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:more southern states.

I sense a pattern.

Yeah I guess I can live with it so long as it stays out of the civilized portion of the country.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/...z2jvbcciGK

Quote:Nine people were shot in a barbershop in east Detroit on Wednesday night, and at least two of them have been confirmed dead, police said.

Quote:“I can’t even imagine what would cause this type of violence,” Police Chief James Craig told the newspaper.

Guns, shithead.
Nothing to do with guns but I can't help but think that this may do some good in the long run.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...y/3469851/

Quote:WASHINGTON — Five years after the passage of a groundbreaking law establishing equality between mental health care and other medical treatments, the Obama administration announced its final rule Friday defining how that treatment must be provided.

The rule requires insurers to charge similar co-payments for mental health treatment as they would for physical ailments. It also makes clear that deductible and visit limits are generally not more restrictive for mental health and substance abuse care.
Hey guys,

What's your opinion on this?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/g...-they-just#
Quote:“He was put in a situation that none of us want to be put in,” said District Attorney Adams.

I'm not so sure about that statement.
(November 8, 2013 at 11:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:“He was put in a situation that none of us want to be put in,” said District Attorney Adams.

I'm not so sure about that statement.

Yes, I am amazed at the foolishness I've heard in male macho bravado where guys want to kill someone that angers them.

Yes, but even the best anger fades and one is haunted by the horrible gravity of one's actions if it ever really comes to pass.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1767 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2276 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72617 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13025 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3133 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2408 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist