Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 5:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
(May 15, 2014 at 7:52 am)KUSA Wrote: Translation: Only aristocratic people deserve to use guns for protection. The commoners aren't important enough to have this consideration.

Translation: You choose to quote mine because you have no argument:

MindForgedManacle Wrote:The 1st strawman was the claim that I want to take your guns from you, which I never said. I said we need sensible gun regulation laws.

Because that totally says I want to take away all guns. Sounds like far-right logic...
"The reason things will never get better is because people keep electing these rich cocksuckers who don't give a shit about you."
-George Carlin
Re: RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
(May 15, 2014 at 8:34 am)MindForgedManacle Wrote: The 1st strawman was the claim that I want to take your guns from you, which I never said. I said we need sensible gun regulation laws.

Because that totally says I want to take away all guns. Sounds like far-right logic...

I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't approve of the weapons that I possess. So I think you would support laws that would take them away from me.
If THAT'S your criticism, you are almost certainly being hypocritical. Do you support the right for ANYONE to own ANY type of weapon? I very much doubt that you do, otherwise you should have no problem with people owning operational (and being able to use if they feel endangered) RPGs, grenades, and don't even get me started on the tanks. Why should the government be allowed to keep those out of the use of private hands?

Assuming you don't think we should be allowed to own and use such weaponry, it's obvious why you don't: it's unreasonable. There is clearly a limit to which you can reasonably be said to just be trying to protect yourself. Most especially if the weaponry involved has a clear likelihood (and precedence) of hurting others who are not your apparent aggressor.
"The reason things will never get better is because people keep electing these rich cocksuckers who don't give a shit about you."
-George Carlin
Please define reasonable, MFM. Existing laws in the US already prohibit criminals, the mentally defective and drug addicted people from owning firearms. Intoxicated people can own a gun, but they can't have it with them if they have consumed even a little bit of alcohol. If a person has a restraining order against them they can't legally buy a gun. What other restrictions would you like to see?

As far as machine guns, tanks and that sort of thing go they are legal to own now in most states for those that go through the correct legal processes to obtain them. Legally owned weapons of that sort are practically never used to commit violent crimes. What further restrictions need to be put on those types of things and more importantly why? It has been more than 80 years since a US civilian was convicted of using a legally owned machine gun to commit murder. That tells me the existing laws concerning ownership of these things are doing exactly what they were intended to do, and I fail to see the need to change them. I would however like to hear your reasons to place further restriction on these types of weapons, and how you think it would improve the status quo.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
I'm less concerned with machine guns... or even 'criminals' with machine guns than I am with morons with guns, Pap.

Another example.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/15/sc...-hes-dead/

Quote:A South Carolina woman shot and accidentally killed a friend while testing out his bulletproof vest.

Sheriff’s deputies in Anderson County said the victim, 26-year-old Blake Wardell, had been hanging out in a garage with about eight to 10 friends early Wednesday when they decided to try out the Kevlar vest.

Investigators said 18-year-old Taylor Ann Kelly fired a shot at Wardell’s chest but missed the Kevlar.

Offhand, I'd say the vest failed.
But at least he died in the advancement of science!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Bitch needs to work on her aim.
(May 15, 2014 at 1:10 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'm less concerned with machine guns... or even 'criminals' with machine guns than I am with morons with guns, Pap.

Another example.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/15/sc...-hes-dead/

Quote:A South Carolina woman shot and accidentally killed a friend while testing out his bulletproof vest.

Sheriff’s deputies in Anderson County said the victim, 26-year-old Blake Wardell, had been hanging out in a garage with about eight to 10 friends early Wednesday when they decided to try out the Kevlar vest.

Investigators said 18-year-old Taylor Ann Kelly fired a shot at Wardell’s chest but missed the Kevlar.

Offhand, I'd say the vest failed.

Interesting. I heard from another source that it was actually a flak vest and that she shot the guy right through the heart.

That aside, they were definitely idiots with guns.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
I think we can all agree that idiots and guns don't mix. But, what do idiots mix well with?
(May 15, 2014 at 4:44 pm)KUSA Wrote: I think we can all agree that idiots and guns don't mix. But, what do idiots mix well with?

Weed. They stay home and munch.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1763 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2276 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72607 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13001 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3133 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2406 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist