Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 1:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
(September 6, 2014 at 10:44 am)whateverist Wrote:
(September 4, 2014 at 9:46 am)bladevalant546 Wrote: It is always a trade off, but the fact of the matter is the only reason why the US has not befallen to tyrants is the armed public and the intense distrust of government. This is not to say we can have a society with out armed citizens, however we are not perfect and still need armed citizens. An Ideal society is one who can have weapons and not want to kill each other. I mean we already are having issues with Cops, imagine how they will act knowing citizens ARE NOT armed at all.

If the US ever falls into the hands of tyrants it won't be someone we elected. It will be as the result of some gun nutter deciding to take matters into his own hands. I'm rooting for the government I elect not some discontent with an arsenal.

That may be, but you all cannot deny that outright banning them is a emotional response without logic behind it. The most logical thing to do is to merely have highly scrutinizing tests which should eliminate most of the irresponsible or unstable types. The uncompromising position not only defeats the entire point, spotlighting data is also a logical fallacy. If a real solution is to made on gun violence, real science and investigation needs to be done.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
Throughout this thread there is example after example where these allegedly law-abiding gun owners made that one mistake where they or someone else ended up dead because of their gun.

Here's another law-abiding gun owner who flipped out...just that once.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/09/fl...s-vehicle/

Quote:Florida man accused of shooting elderly car salesman dead after rear-ending his vehicle
I've wanted to shoot a car salesman or two in my time.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
you see this is why you should be nice to psychopaths

some of ya'll never learn
And another "tyrant" falls due to a Second Amendment hero!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/09/fa...her-lover/

Quote:Facebook status drives man to shoot at ex-girlfriend, but gun jams, so he kills her lover

Well, okay. Maybe not.
So how does this one sound?

Quote:Group attacks Wichita youth football coach over lack of playing time; coach’s wife defends with gun

WICHITA
Police are still looking for the men who threatened a youth football league coach with a gun and then began beating him before the coach’s wife pulled out a gun and fired it in the air to scare the attackers away.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(September 9, 2014 at 3:18 pm)Tonus Wrote: So how does this one sound?

Quote:Group attacks Wichita youth football coach over lack of playing time; coach’s wife defends with gun

WICHITA
Police are still looking for the men who threatened a youth football league coach with a gun and then began beating him before the coach’s wife pulled out a gun and fired it in the air to scare the attackers away.

This bit's good:

“It’s upsetting to even hear a story like this,” said Espinoza, who is a youth league football coach himself. “It just sets a terrible example of coaching and parenting.”

No shit.Big Grin
I bet the fucking NRA doesn't think so.
(September 9, 2014 at 4:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I bet the fucking NRA doesn't think so.

The NRA has gotten so bizarrely extreme and illogical in the time I've been able to read about it, was it always that way? Or did it start as just like, a hunting/outdoor club? The fact they have lobbying abilities of real power blows my mind.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
The NRA was formed in the 1870's to teach marksmanship. They became a lobbying arm for the death merchants in the 1970's and have gone steadily down the shitter ever since.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1767 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2277 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72623 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13040 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3134 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2408 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist