Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 8:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
ROFLOL

Been waiting for THIS to happen!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/open-...-it-to-me/

Quote:Open carry enthusiast robbed at gunpoint: ‘I like your gun. Give it to me.’

Good guy with a gun has it stolen by much-badder guy with a gun. At least he didn't get shot with it!
(September 30, 2014 at 4:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: California Takes A Small Step.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2014093...a80bd.html

Quote:SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California will become the first state that allows family members to ask a judge to remove firearms from a relative who appears to pose a threat, under legislation Gov. Jerry Brown said Tuesday he had signed.

Predictably, the NRA trotted out the old law-abiding gun owner fantasy...

The argument Against the bill I've seen focuses upon due process.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/06/a...ution.html

Quote:Here’s something else. The probable cause determination described above is rendered in the complete absence of victim gun owners or victim prospective gun purchasers, and so, therefore, are the resulting GVROs and/or firearm seizure warrants.

Indeed, the victims of this proposed law might have no idea they have even been targeted until police show up at the door, conceivably in the middle of the night (see the “proposed form” of the firearm seizure warrant in the statute).

What’s that about a right to be heard, you say?

Oh, don’t worry; that comes two weeks after the authorities have already snatched guns or prohibited people from owning them.

Two weeks after the destruction of your Constitutional rights, then, you will be graciously accorded the right to convince California judges that you’re not a recent purchaser of a weapon (and too bad, so sad for you if you are, I guess) and/or that the frowns you displayed upon having your rights violated did not “threaten” some statist or other.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Quote: The probable cause determination described above is rendered in the complete absence of victim gun owners or victim prospective gun purchasers, and so, therefore, are the resulting GVROs and/or firearm seizure warrants.

Yup. Sounds good to me.

Quote:Two weeks after the destruction of your Constitutional rights, then, you will be graciously accorded the right to convince California judges that you’re not a recent purchaser of a weapon (and too bad, so sad for you if you are, I guess) and/or that the frowns you displayed upon having your rights violated did not “threaten” some statist or other.

Far preferable to having some nutjob buy a gun and then blow someone away while waiting for a hearing to see if he should have the gun in the first place.

I can live with it. At least California's way they are trying to stop the bloodshed.
Hmmm.....it probably would have lasted anyway.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/india...ing-night/

Quote:Indiana man shoots and kills wife, himself on their wedding night

Quote:Authorities in Terre Haute, Indiana said a 54-year-old man shot and killed his wife before taking his own life, just hours after the couple got married, the Indianapolis Star reported.

Without the gun it would have just been a messy divorce.
(October 8, 2014 at 12:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I can live with it. At least California's way they are trying to stop the bloodshed.

Maybe.. but bills like this confirm the paranoia of the gun owners because there are already laws that enable a family to commit someone to a mental evaluation, and if found mentally incompetent their weapons are taken away. So this law simply seems to be a sneaky attempt to take guns from non-mentally troubled people. While that would be fine for many anti-gunners the NRA understandably does have a problem with that.

I personally have nothing to fear from a law like that because it would never fly in SC or TN, but I do have a real problem with the infringement of due process no matter if the law subject matter is one I favor or oppose.

There is no reason that a law like this couldn't be rewritten to avoid the lack of due process. A man must have the ability to defend himself in court before anything is taken from him. Have him brought to the courthouse first not later. If the damned court is too busy to see them immediately, then the court is the problem. Build more courthouses or use the ones you have more efficiently.
Fuck Kalifornia!
Washington State has the best gun laws and they have almost no shootings....gun violence is cultural....plain and simple.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
Quote:I personally have nothing to fear from a law like that because it would never fly in SC or TN,

Uh-huh.....there they just let the nuts have guns. Problem, uh, solved.
(October 9, 2014 at 11:33 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I personally have nothing to fear from a law like that because it would never fly in SC or TN,

Uh-huh.....there they just let the nuts have guns. Problem, uh, solved.

Well, they have even more of the problem in TN & SC, so a law like that is needed, but it needs to be written much better so that any threats or suspected mental disturbances result in a writ closer to a restraining order that can be immediately challenged to a judge by the defendant.

Or is it just a game to provoke the NRA without really trying to make improvements?
It works so well.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/23670822/victi...e-shooting

Quote:NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

A woman shot several times by her ex-boyfriend last month says he violated a protective order twice in the weeks prior to the early September shooting.

Just a coincidence that this one is from Tennessee, too. Has nothing to do with domestic violence or anything. Just another law-abiding gun owner who has one of those awkward "moments."

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/article/...-off-pants

Quote:Wardrobe malfunction: Stoney Creek man shoots himself in chin while taking off pants

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1765 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2276 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72609 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 13019 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3133 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2408 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist