Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 6:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
All Hail the Second Amendment
RE: All Hail the Second Amendment
How hard is it to grasp that people kill and not guns. I could kill someone with my bare hands, a hammer, knife, pencil, I do not have the will to kill for no reason. People are the problem.

If someone shoots themselves in the chin, they are irresponsible and stupid. If a man shoots and murders his gf he should be executed, along with all murders and rapists. Quick and swift, no long court battles, no sitting on death row.

People cut their arms, hands, fingers, off with table saws, because they are irresponsible, and accidents happen. Can't blame the tool, only the people.
Quote:I could kill someone with my bare hands, a hammer, knife, pencil,

Yeah..but, could you kill someone accidentally with one...you know, in a moment of carelessness like the moron who shot himself taking off his fucking pants?

I'm having a hard time buying that you could bash someone's head in with a hammer by accident. Were I on that jury, I wouldn't buy that defense.

This thread is more about the supposed "law-abiding" and "responsible" gun owners who fuck up and kill or wound someone else...or themselves.
The NRA loves to trot out the "criminals" bullshit but its just a marketing ploy.
(October 9, 2014 at 1:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It works so well.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/23670822/victi...e-shooting

You didn't read what I wrote in my post above did you? It looks as though you assumed I was defending the TN & SC laws, which I wasn't.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
I read it. Do you seriously think the NRA is going to let them toughen that law in a gun nut state?
(October 9, 2014 at 9:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I read it. Do you seriously think the NRA is going to let them toughen that law in a gun nut state?

No, not all of them of course but many gun owners would peel away and thus it might pass.

I'm one as an example. I would vote for a better law. (But I've never been a NRA member so .. well)

Yeah .. it's a long shot, but is it really better to do nothing?
(October 9, 2014 at 10:19 pm)Brakeman Wrote: Yeah .. it's a long shot, but is it really better to do nothing?
And allow thousands of murders to occur?

Aren't straw men fun?
Quote:No, not all of them of course but many gun owners would peel away and thus it might pass.

Brakes, my dear friend. It has nothing to do with gun owners. Most gun owners favored background checks.

http://www.pewresearch.org/daily-number/...gun-sales/

This is about NRA lobbyists buying state legislators. They don't give a fuck what gun owners or non-gun owners want.
(October 9, 2014 at 10:21 pm)ShaMan Wrote:
(October 9, 2014 at 10:19 pm)Brakeman Wrote: Yeah .. it's a long shot, but is it really better to do nothing?
And allow thousands of murders to occur?

Aren't straw men fun?

Stay right here until the nice men in the white coats come for you, ok?
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/open-...-it-to-me/

Remind me again how guns are necessary for our security. Remind me again how they're going to prevent us from being robbed.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(October 9, 2014 at 2:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I could kill someone with my bare hands, a hammer, knife, pencil,

Yeah..but, could you kill someone accidentally with one...you know, in a moment of carelessness like the moron who shot himself taking off his fucking pants?

I'm having a hard time buying that you could bash someone's head in with a hammer by accident. Were I on that jury, I wouldn't buy that defense.

This thread is more about the supposed "law-abiding" and "responsible" gun owners who fuck up and kill or wound someone else...or themselves.
The NRA loves to trot out the "criminals" bullshit but its just a marketing ploy.

Automobiles. Lots of accidental death there.

(October 9, 2014 at 10:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:No, not all of them of course but many gun owners would peel away and thus it might pass.

Brakes, my dear friend. It has nothing to do with gun owners. Most gun owners favored background checks.

http://www.pewresearch.org/daily-number/...gun-sales/

This is about NRA lobbyists buying state legislators. They don't give a fuck what gun owners or non-gun owners want.

I really don't believe those numbers. For instance, there is no way that 54% of gun owners favor banning semiautomatic firearms. Not a chance.

I am going to see if the actual questions and raw data are available.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1763 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2276 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 72587 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul Ryan (must watch) 39 second vid Manowar 2 1159 March 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America Divided: Second Civil War Coming? Secular Elf 81 12960 February 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1983 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump's 2nd amendment call to arms not a criminal offense? Whateverist 17 3133 August 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4387 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuckhead Judge Faces Second Ouster AFTT47 3 1177 May 7, 2016 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2405 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist