Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 11:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
I just finished Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. I can't believe the shit they got to work that shouldn't have worked at all. I found myself nestled firmly to the right of the uncanny valley, or maybe it was to the left. Either way, there was hardly a time I questioned what I was seeing.

I really just want to drop the pseudo-film critic act, and say- What an amazing fucking movie.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
The Martian 10/10

A seriously good time at the movies! Genuinely entertaining, smart, funny, exciting, emotional, an all around fun movie. I'm gonna see it again, I just don't know when... Big Grin
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
I can't remember the last movie I saw.

It might have been Shallow Hal, I saw that weeks ago though.

(And I've seen it hundreds of times in the past.... awesome movie (well it has to be it has JB in it)).
I have been watching lots of movies, but I have been lazy about posting them here.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Ah I remember actually, the last movie I watched was Guest House Paradiso the Bottom Movie... but I was really tired so went to bed before seeing the end.
Bridge of Spies

Cold war drama with Tom Hanks and directed by Spielberg. Well done, kept your interest up but was never really exciting. 4 stars out of 5.
The Last Movie You Watched
I saw Bridge of Spies too-good. I'd recommend watching Tom Hanks on Jimmy Fallon's, they did a great skit related to the movie.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Oh um hmm... i guess ghost in the shell.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Sundance ran Godfather I, II, and III recently and I snagged them on DVR. Been watching them again and savoring what damn good movies they are.

I've noted a few scenes The Sopranos did homage to. And Jerry and Tom comes off favorably in comparison too. The initial strangulation in J & T definitely goes further than what happened to Connie's first husband.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 30, 2015 at 11:42 am)Chad32 Wrote: I feel the need to post a disclaimer if I tell you the last movie I watched. I have two nieces, age 10 and 11.

Inside Out by Disney. Or Pixar. Or both. It was a nice movie, though it basically dealt with a girl going through depression.

Pixar is dead. It's corpse now just another head of the Disney-Hydra beast that cares nothing for quality. Originality has been replaced with marketability and I expect nothing of any real consequence to come from Pixar in the future. No "Toy Story," "Bug's Life," or "Monsters Inc." will come from the once great studio who's shell remains only for the purpose of name recognition.

Star Wars will die the same gruesome death that has come to Pixar, unless Disney allows someone else to maintain creative control (Walden Media and "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" or Jerry Bruckheimer and "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl") and just brands the movies with the Disney logo.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3778 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 806 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 581 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 466 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 503 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1708 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2266 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1683 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1757 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer