Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 5:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
X-men Apocalypse. 
Snacks Popcorn
OK 
Heart
American Guinea Pig: Bloodshock

It was boring as hell. The whole movie consists of two people getting tortured. There 20 mins of torture and then 10 min of them in their individual holding cells. And they alternate for the whole 90 min of this movie. Now I love gore, real or fake to me it always looks beautiful, so for a gore movie I would've loved it for having so much gore had it had not done the one thing that a gore movie should never do. Be almost entirely in back and white. Heck most of the movie, aside from I think 20mins is black and white. When a gore movie is B&W you take away from the beauty of the gore and any shock value it may have on weak people. The part that was in colour was when one of them escapes and visits the other, they megan sucing on each others wounds, drinking blood and eating flesh all while having sex. While I'm glad to see the gore practical effects in colour FINALLY, the scene is still unrealistic, no way people can lose so much blood and still be able to have sex. They finally die and the thing goes B&W again. And the process starts over again with a new victim. At the end of the movie it was revealed that the two people that was getting tortured were murderers themselves. Which i guess makes the smut sex scene make some sense. Though one could also say they were so used to the torture by now that they get turned on by it.

With little to no dialogue, slow pacing, gore that doesn't work because it was in B&W. American Guinea Pig: Bloodshock is one of the worst horror 90min films that I had to endure despite the cinematography and the effects being good. How it has a 7.2 on IMDB is beyond me. A 1 out of 5 Stars in my book.
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
The Last Movie You Watched
(June 17, 2016 at 10:32 pm)Thena323 Wrote: 10 Cloverfield Lane...Not bad.

My husband and I just watched this the other night. I quite liked it! I never realized how fucking terrifying John Goodman could be!
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(June 18, 2016 at 8:35 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(June 17, 2016 at 10:32 pm)Thena323 Wrote: 10 Cloverfield Lane...Not bad.

My husband and I just watched this the other night.  I quite liked it!  I never realized how fucking terrifying John Goodman could be!

Hmm...That's odd. You quoted me, but it never showed up as an alert. I just happened to come here because I just finished watching Sex and the City.
Anyhoo, yes. 
Dan was pretty scary, wasn't he?
Project X, the one with the chimps. Watched this movie many times as a kid and it holds up.
"In three words I can sum up everything about life: it goes on."- Robert Frost
I just finished watching 'Never stop never stopping.
Had a few good laughs. I've always liked 'The Lonely Island' stuff.
Love how they portray DMZ.
Luckie and I watched both Warcraft and X-men Apocalypse over successive nights. Both were meh, the latter far more so, and I say that as a fan of those movies. Warcraft was a lot more cringe-inducing, but at least that had some Orc stuff I haven't already seen a billion times in other movies. X-men was as generic as superhero movies get.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
It Follows.

Two all crap patties layered between sesame seed crap.

With gherkins!
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 21, 2016 at 12:06 am)Little lunch Wrote: I just finished watching 'Never stop never stopping.

Have that one on my list.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
The Princess Bride

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3778 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 804 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 581 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 466 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 501 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1708 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2265 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1680 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1757 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer