Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 12:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
(October 10, 2018 at 10:48 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(October 10, 2018 at 7:46 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Ordered, based on your recommendation and the IMBD trailer set.  Hungry

Let me know what you think!

Roger Wilcox. Great

"Venom" Comic book action, fun. Eating yip-yip dogs is a bonus. The alien half of our duo will have a great time on Earth. Earthlings, not so much.
The first 20 minutes of 'Hitchhikers.'  Horrible.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Kuntilanak

Quote:A group of kids agree to explore an abandon house in order to win a reality show contest, which requires them to prove that the stories of the evil Kuntilanak are real. They soon discover that the ghost is very much real when it appears from an old mirror and starts haunting them.
Meet the Blacks

Quote:As Carl Black gets the opportunity to move his family out of Chicago in hope of a better life, their arrival in Beverly Hills is timed with that city's annual purge, where all crime is legal for twelve hours.
(October 10, 2018 at 10:48 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(October 10, 2018 at 7:46 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Ordered, based on your recommendation and the IMBD trailer set.  Hungry

Let me know what you think!
Um, I didn't make it to the end.
Watching "The Staircase" docu-series on Netflix. Riveting.
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
"First Man", Neil Armstrong biopic. New details, for me anyway, but not comprehensive. He nearly loses an X-15 so they send him to the Moon. Lots of closer-than-necessary-ups.
Fat Head. A documentary debunking Super Size Me, including a diet where he manages to lose 12 lbs and lower his cholesterol (although this even includes the "good" cholesterol.)

It's pretty informative, although it's clearly done on a shoestring budget (I suspect a good portion of the film's budget ended up going to Warner Brothers for their repeated use of Deep Throat saying "Follow the Money"), but Naughton does make some good points about the problematic nature behind what goes into making foods seem healthy (from the veiled elitism in its rhetoric [up to and including racism, since many minorities whose population has been increasing tend to be predisposed to having heavier builds] to the fact that its science just plain doesn't add up), and the eyebrow-raising nature of the BMI [note: Arnold Schwarzenegger would have qualified as obese during his "Pumping Iron" days]. Naughton himself might rub people the wrong way, with his vaguely Stan Freberg-esque voice and the occasional libertarian views that shine through (most noticeably the occasional use of snarl words like "big government" and "regulation"), but, hey, South Park can be more blatant in their swings to the right, but most of us still watch it.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
...nothing serious, just a comedy, a funny relaxing movie ... Johnny English Strikes Again .... I love this series ... and the last one seems to be the best!!!

[Image: v1.bjsxOTAzNjg2O2o7MTc4NDI7MTIwMDszMTIyOzIwODE]
Finally watching it.

Hereditary

Quote:After the family matriarch passes away, a grieving family is haunted by tragic and disturbing occurrences, and begin to unravel dark secrets.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3778 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 806 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 581 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 466 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 503 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1708 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2266 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1683 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1757 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer