Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 11:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
(October 18, 2018 at 10:21 am)Clueless Morgan Wrote:
(October 18, 2018 at 4:43 am)OakTree500 Wrote: Increibles 2 was "good" but not not on Parr [ Naughty ] with the first one, which just had a special "something" that this one was missing. The stuff with Jack-Jack was pretty funny though, and a nice call back to the short film "Jack-Jack attack".

Agreed.  If they want the bady to stay secret until it's revealed at the end then Pixar needs to work on their character design and make it a little less obvious.

The thing I liked so much about the first one is how it was constantly contrasting the mundane with the extraordinary, like when Bob throws out his back fighting the robot in the lava cave, or when the family is coming back from the island and driving the camper to where Syndrome's robot is and they're arguing about which exit of the freeway to the take...

The new one didn't have that sort of humor in it as I recall.

(October 18, 2018 at 5:30 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I thought about pre-ordering Incredibles II, then I decided to just order it and wait for it to get here.

How are those things different?

They aren't. "Pre-ordering" is just a sales gimmick.

And

Recently watched "The Shape of Water". Beautiful!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Blackkklansman. Both uplifting and slightly depressing at the same time. Quite a few laugh out loud moments. Wait till it's on Bluray , it's a comedy drama , you don't need the big screen.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

The Evil of Frankenstein, 1964. Just as bad as you'd suspect.
Power was out in our neighborhood due to a transformer replacement a couple of blocks away, so we went to see "First Man" yesterday. It was OK, but I forgot my earplugs. Unnecessarily loud music, and stupid levels of noise in orbital maneuvers, which are not correct. Lots of obviously made-up shit. Probably just like every other movie, in my estimation.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The Darkest Minds

Quote:Imprisoned by an adult world that now fears everyone under 18, a group of teens form a resistance group to fight back and reclaim control of their future.
(October 20, 2018 at 10:47 am)Kit Wrote: The Darkest Minds

Quote:Imprisoned by an adult world that now fears everyone under 18, a group of teens form a resistance group to fight back and reclaim control of their future.
Interesting premise. Execution any good?
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 
Who feeds the babies?
I Still See You

Quote:Set nine years after an apocalyptic event that killed millions and left the world inhabited by ghosts.
Girl

Belgian movie in french and dutch about a transgender woman. (Girl Born in male body.) she starts her hormone treatment and trains at a prestigious school to become a ballarina.

Camerawork was not my style. And The cuts were so sudden it felt very confusing, but i think they were trying to portray that disconnect and helplessness The protagonist Goes through.
Acting was beyond realistic. You really felt for her.

Good movie. They were hoping it'd win The foreign Oscar, but i don't think it will.
Still a good film though.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3779 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 807 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 583 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 468 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 507 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1709 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2271 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1689 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1774 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer