Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 7:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
You need to watch "The Thing From Another World". These days it's just campy. Back then (1951) it was a major shocker.
I was re-watching the first hour of "Valkyrie" - you know that movie in which Tom Cruise plays a Nazi general who tries to kill Hitler, but like I said I stopped watching after an hour because I'm like the President - not in a way that I think that Nazis are fine people, but that I don't like to see soldiers fail and getting caught.

You know there are apparently web pages on which people share their own edits of movies and maybe I could make an edit of this movie. Like I could edit in a time traveler character when they have meetings to tell Cruise's character to use both explosives. And also when Cruise is going to the Wolf's Lair I could edit in the song "Highway To The Danger Zone".
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg was a colonel, not a general.
Don't Open Your Eyes

Quote:A home-care nurse takes a job, but as it proves to be his toughest yet; he is inadvertently pulled into something much more sinister.
A couple of movies for me over the weekend:

The Mask of Zorro

Plot: 
Legendary hero Zorro foils a some sort of evil plot of his nemesis, Don Rafael, and looks to retire with his wife/child. The Don tracks him down, arrests him, and accidentally kills Zorro's wife in the process. To put the final nail in the coffin, he locks zorro up forever AND takes his daughter [who is a baby at this time] to be raised as his own, as a final insult the the old hero. 20 years later, Zorro escapes from his prison, to seek revenge on the man who has imprisoned him for so long.

Thoughts:
It's cheese on toast, and it's [generic action movie] at it's best, in my opinion anyway. Plus, Catherine Zeta Jones.....*Boing*, that's all I can say about her. It's well made, well though out, funny in places and packs in some real action spots to a story set in 1841 that you might not be expected. I really enjoy it.

Tron : Legacy

Plot:
A sequel to the original Tron, where Jeff Bridges goes back to his arcade, some time in the 80's.......never to be seen again. Some 20+ years later, his son is still looking for him, and tracks down his old arcade. He inadvertently gets sucked into "The Grid" where he find's his father, but also the villainous Clu who has taken over the Grid and seeks to somehow break out into the real world. All this and Daft Punk have scored it.

Thoughts:
I'm a real sucker for "visual" movies. For example, if the special effects are REALLY good, I'm 100% on board. It helps when the story is pretty decent, which this is as well [Son looking for lost father, crazy sci-fi plot, added elements]. This movie is largely visual from the light cycle stuff, the costumes, the world, everything. The only thing that is a slight minor step, is there is de-aging done to Jeff Bridges, but after a while I completely forgot.....so it can't be that bad. That particular effect hasn't aged well, but again you seemingly forget to notice after a little while. And the sound track is bloody great.
"Be Excellent To Each Other"
Ran the Blade trilogy through yesterday. No sparkly vampires here. Ryan Reynolds and Daniel Craig pump up the last one nicely.

Robot Monster Delightfully absurd. Boss Lady and I were rolling on the floor laughing.
'Murphy's Romance'.  James Garner, Sally Field.  Delightful film.  Garner's only Oscar nomination, and he wuz robbed, I tell ya, ROBBED!!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 12, 2018 at 7:14 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Ran the Blade trilogy through yesterday. No sparkly vampires here. Ryan Reynolds and Daniel Craig pump up the last one nicely.

I didn't know that about Blade III. I've watched 1 & 2, but not 3. I've got the trilogy around here somewhere, I'll have to watch it.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 12, 2018 at 7:14 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Ran the Blade trilogy through yesterday. No sparkly vampires here. Ryan Reynolds and Daniel Craig pump up the last one nicely.

I think I only ever saw the first Blade movie, though I cannot remember what it was about. Cool
The Illustrated Man. There is something about Rod Steiger that screams redneck. Strange in a syfy film.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3779 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 806 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 581 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 467 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 506 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1708 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2270 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1688 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1768 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer