Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 12:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
Would you lot PLEASE stop giving out spoilers of films I have no intention of watching???

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 15, 2018 at 2:22 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Would you lot PLEASE stop giving out spoilers of films I have no intention of watching???

Boru

Or, as one young person said, "They don't get where they're going, and GANDALF DIES!!!" (Must have been fun to go through that movie cycle without having read the books.)
The Super

Quote:A man becomes the superintendent of a large New York City apartment building where people mysteriously go missing.
(November 15, 2018 at 2:54 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(November 15, 2018 at 2:22 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Would you lot PLEASE stop giving out spoilers of films I have no intention of watching???

Boru

Or, as one young person said, "They don't get where they're going, and GANDALF DIES!!!" (Must have been fun to go through that movie cycle without having read the books.)

Probably better than going through them and picking up all the shit they got wrong (the ring will go to Gondor).

Watched the first "Fantastic Beasts" last night, mostly because I want to see how Jude Law does playing Dumbledore in the second one. I initially had little interest in these films, but "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" may be my favorite Wizarding World film yet. It may simply be that having been a fan of the books, seeing the movies left me wanting as they aren't the best adaptations ever done. I went into Beasts with no expectations at all and was quite pleasantly surprised.

Followed that one up with "The Incredibles II." A little predictable (I had the villain figured out long before the reveal), but all in all a good film. Not as good as the first one, but sequels so rarely are.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Game night.
A mix of date night with that fella from Get Smart and the The Game with Michael Douglas.

It was an enjoyable if predictable romp.

It was good enough. Although according to the film you can get shot and just carry on as normal while bleeding heavily which seemed a little far fetched.

Otherwise I liked it.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Guys and Dolls

Gotta love that gentle, 1950s sexism.  Big Grin

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 17, 2018 at 3:01 am)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote:
(November 15, 2018 at 2:54 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Or, as one young person said, "They don't get where they're going, and GANDALF DIES!!!" (Must have been fun to go through that movie cycle without having read the books.)

Probably better than going through them and picking up all the shit they got wrong (the ring will go to Gondor).

Watched the first "Fantastic Beasts" last night, mostly because I want to see how Jude Law does playing Dumbledore in the second one. I initially had little interest in these films, but "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" may be my favorite Wizarding World film yet. It may simply be that having been a fan of the books, seeing the movies left me wanting as they aren't the best adaptations ever done. I went into Beasts with no expectations at all and was quite pleasantly surprised.
I call it "book baggage". "Beasts" was fun.
"Tell me, does anyone ever believe you when you tell them to not worry?"

"My philosophy is that worrying only makes you suffer twice."
Quote:Followed that one up with "The Incredibles II." A little predictable (I had the villain figured out long before the reveal), but all in all a good film. Not as good as the first one, but sequels so rarely are.
I usually find origin stories to be necessary but not all that interesting. I.-II was much better IMNSHO. Edna's short was hysterical. Hyper-control freak dealing with chaos in diapers.
The Princess Switch (latest Netflix og).
Predictable. Only passable acting. Funny at times. Very christmassy. Not all that much male hotness. But VANESSA HUDGENS. Very enjoyable if you don't have spare brain cells on hand at the moment.
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 
Thunder Road

Quote:A police officer faces a personal meltdown following a divorce and the death of his mother.
(November 17, 2018 at 6:47 am) pid=\1851351' Wrote:
Quote:Followed that one up with "The Incredibles II." A little predictable (I had the villain figured out long before the reveal), but all in all a good film. Not as good as the first one, but sequels so rarely are.

I saw the new Jurrasic world film and had the main "surprise" villain figured out the moment he came on screen.

It was the rich man seems nice but is in fact a bastard cliché.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3779 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 806 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 581 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 467 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 506 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1708 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2270 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1688 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1767 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer