Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 9:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
(October 19, 2020 at 9:14 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: I recently watched, "The Disaster Artist" it was very interesting and then I thought I'd watch, "The Room" but I haven't been able to find it! I swear it used to be on Netflix, but no more. If anyone knows where to get it I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for that information today.

I think I watched The Room on Kodi.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
http://www.theroommoviestore.com
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(October 19, 2020 at 9:08 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(October 19, 2020 at 8:55 pm)Eleven Wrote: I know Amazon Prime has some spectacularly bad movies, but how the heck did you find so many bad ones?

Since it is October, go with this one:
30 Days of Paranormal Activity with the Devil Inside the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Wherein Craig Moss decides to take the formula pioneered by Seltzer and Friedberg and do it even worse.)

1) I used the same exact source I've been using for the Deep Hurting Project all along: TVTropes' So Bad It's Horrible/Film lists. And, bear in mind, that's just the comedies. Not counting Attack Force, I also have two dramas (although one may just be a dark comedy that's not funny, but the latter is an anti-rock Fundie screed), ten horror movies (with "masterpieces" like Uwe Boll's Alone in the Dark, MST3K alumnus The Beast of Yucca Flats, pseudo-true-crime The Haunting of Sharon Tate, the bizarre moral Own Goal of a movie that is The Life Zone, and one-time I Hate Everything worst movie of all time Shark Exorcist), and six kids' movies (including David DeCoteau's magnum opus A Talking Cat?!). I just like to cycle between genres.

2) Just for the record, the (wherein) subtitles are not actually part of the movie's official title, just a humourous summation of the defining flaws of the movie, although in the case of Lower Learning, I just ended up summarising the plot.

Oh, and I also forgot that the Atlas Shrugged Trilogy is also on Amazon Prime, but I'm thinking of saving that for either the end or when Parts 1 and 3 are available at the library.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Eat Pray Love - 7/10

A privileged narcissist re-affirms their American-style narcissism, a journey.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(October 21, 2020 at 8:58 am)Sal Wrote: Eat Pray Love - 7/10

Still haven't seen that one. Probably won't.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 21, 2020 at 9:07 am)Eleven Wrote:
(October 21, 2020 at 8:58 am)Sal Wrote: Eat Pray Love - 7/10

Still haven't seen that one. Probably won't.

If you like a conceited exposé of American "exceptionalism" and canned stereotypes of Italian, Indian, Bali, Swedish & Brazilian cultures through that lense, this is the movie for you. I had a whole love to hate thing going on the whole movie.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(October 21, 2020 at 9:22 am)Sal Wrote:
(October 21, 2020 at 9:07 am)Eleven Wrote: Still haven't seen that one. Probably won't.

If you like a conceited exposé of American "exceptionalism" and canned stereotypes of Italian, Indian, Bali, Swedish & Brazilian cultures through that lense, this is the movie for you. I had a whole love to hate thing going on the whole movie.

"Join the Navy and see the world." Challenge accepted when I was 18. Over the next twenty years I rented hotel rooms in 72 countries. I had three hundred or so pen pals when I retired. I drove all the way around the Med. I traveled from Cairo to Cape Town. Circumnavigated South America. I loved meeting new people. One thing I learned from all that was that almost everybody thinks their home country is the best place in the world to be. So American "exceptionalism" is just the American version of the general "exceptionalism".
(October 21, 2020 at 9:29 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(October 21, 2020 at 9:22 am)Sal Wrote: If you like a conceited exposé of American "exceptionalism" and canned stereotypes of Italian, Indian, Bali, Swedish & Brazilian cultures through that lense, this is the movie for you. I had a whole love to hate thing going on the whole movie.

"Join the Navy and see the world." Challenge accepted when I was 18. Over the next twenty years I rented hotel rooms in 72 countries. I had three hundred or so pen pals when I retired. I drove all the way around the Med. I traveled from Cairo to Cape Town. Circumnavigated South America.  I loved meeting new people. One thing I learned from all that was that almost everybody thinks their home country is the best place in the world to be. So American "exceptionalism" is just the American version of the general "exceptionalism".

The best example I heard was a guy who fled Albania... For years they had a fence that the governm6ent insisted was to keep "the outsiders out"..... Most people believed it.

The dude said - "Why would anyone try to sneak in here? What are they going to steal? My shit cart?".

Logical dude....
El Camino - A Breaking Bad Story

Jessie Pinkman rides again.

I thought it was a great treat for BB fans.

I think I would watch most anything Vince Gilligan puts together.
(October 22, 2020 at 2:00 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: El Camino - A Breaking Bad Story

Jessie Pinkman rides again.

I thought it was a great treat for BB fans.

I think I would watch most anything Vince Gilligan puts together.

I would love a show dedicated to the rise of Gus Fring.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3779 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 806 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 581 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 467 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 506 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1708 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2269 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1687 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1763 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer