Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 7:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
I watched a documentary about Keith Haring. Do people still remember him? It's on youtube by BBC.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
This week in the Deep Hurting Project is Amazing Ape. Also known as Simon Says, but I'll be using the former title because not only is there another film called Simon Sez, I covered it for the Project a couple months ago. Why this one? For Gordy.

Maybe this would have been the project better served by a homicidal chimp killing everybody.

• Raw films. Let's just say that'll be a bit of foreshadowing.
  • I could probably tell this wasn't a movie about evil monkeys by the fact that it's clearly a kid's movie.
  • Somehow, I get the feeling that, even though it's got an adult narrator that's talking about something that happened to him as a child, it's not going to be a period piece.
  • I could be watching Cannibal Holocaust right now.
  • And now we've got yet another movie connecting itself to Ham and Enos, after Space Chimps 2.
  • Did they blow out the mic before they made this movie?
  • Wow. I can totally believe that's a real chimp in this movie and not just someone in a chimp suit. Seriously, Nope had a CGI chimp and that was more believable.
  • Oh, for fuck's sake, this kid's an anti-vaxxer?
  • That was no man, that was an animal. Yeah, no fucking shit.
  • So, the kid's going to die in 3-6 weeks, so why is she surprised that the drugs aren't doing much?
  • Regenerating your body in six months? Besides the fact that he only has 3 weeks, doesn't the body already do that?
  • Yep: here comes the twist: this movie's a big slice of raw-foodist propaganda. The director, Juliano (Brotman, he's only credited by his first name) fancies himself a founding father of the raw food movement (which isn't likely, since I know that the Loomises from Day of the Locust are raw-foodists and that was published in 1939, and there's no way in Hell Juliano's that old). And he's going to make this movie promoting the raw-food diet.
  • No disease has ever been cured? Besides the fact that there are loads of diseases that actually have known cures, even if we're going to accept their conflation of cure and eradication, there've already been two diseases that no longer exist because of people who took the time to research those diseases and find ways to stop their spread. And there's also quite a few other diseases that are close, and a few more that have achieved regional eradication. And yes, that includes Polio, which went from an epidemic that crippled people (especially children) to practically a non-issue in the span of a few decades. By the time this movie was released in 2016, there were 37 cases worldwide, with the only new cases being in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and maybe Nigeria.
  • Who knew that chimpanzees had a working knowledge of Bruce Lee's life?
  • Honey for shampoo? Making milk from scratch?
  • I swear that this kid is the least plausible cancer patient since Sheri from C Me Dance.
  • Well, that's a great lesson for the kids: it's okay to take honey directly from the beehive.  You won't have to deal with beestings at all. Christ, even Winnie-the-Pooh had to deal with the menace of the bees.
  • Apparently these kids speak fluent chimpanzee.
  • How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat? Is that a Pink Floyd reference?
  • Eat living foods? Like octopus?

• Did some research on acrylamine. It's not cancerous (at least dietary acrylamine), and it isn't just in processed foods. It tends to occur naturally in any food that's cooked above 120 degrees Celsius.
  • He's healthy, look at him? He barely looked any different from a normal 9-year-old when he was terminally ill! Maybe a bit more depressed and spectrummy, but that shit's not physical.
  • You can't sell apples? I just fucking bought apples for $1.98 a pound at my local grocery store less than three hours ago.
  • Wow. Those sun-dried tomatoes dried fast. That usually takes anywhere from 4 to 14 days.
  • Are they using the fucking Pledge of Allegiance for this emotional climax? This isn't The Plot Against America, you know.
  • So, apparently this is the past. Apparently, it was set sometime in 2002, what with the acrylamine scare becoming a part of the movie.
  • Also, it's nice of Tubi to just shut off the credits to mask the fact that, apparently, even in the full version of the movie, the credits just stop in the middle of everything.
Next week, unless things change, is InAPPropriate Comedy
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Ironman II.
Your Place or Mine

Quote:Two long-distance best friends change each other's lives when she decides to pursue a lifelong dream and he volunteers to keep an eye on her teenage son.

Am I the only one who thinks Ashton Kutcher looks different?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Iron Man II. We get introduced to Black Widow.
[Image: The_Matrix_Resurrections.jpg]
Popcorn
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Been wondering. Worth the 2hrs and change?
I'm Your Man

Quote:In order to obtain research funds for her studies, a scientist accepts an offer to participate in an extraordinary experiment: for three weeks, she is to live with a humanoid robot, created to make her happy.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Ghostbusters (1984). It sucked then, it sucks now.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Thor I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3779 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 806 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 581 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 467 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 506 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1708 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2270 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1688 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1768 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer