Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 8:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
A good series (mini-movies) is dark mirror. If you enjoy twilight zone you should check it out
The Samaritan 2012
Jackie Brown 1997
Cleaner 2007

I'm a big Samuel L.Jackson fan Smile
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
[Image: The_Hobbit-_The_Desolation_of_Smaug-film-poster.jpg]

They should've called it The Desolation of Plot
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(December 15, 2014 at 3:01 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: [Image: The_Hobbit-_The_Desolation_of_Smaug-film-poster.jpg]

They should've called it The Desolation of Plot

The Hobbit did not contain enough story for two films let alone three. Its why there was a half hour "doing the washing up" song in the first film.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

"The Hobbit" was originally a short story and they managed to drag it out to the length of the "Lord of Rings" trilogy which was based on three novels.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(December 15, 2014 at 3:10 pm)IATIA Wrote: "The Hobbit" was originally a short story and they managed to drag it out to the length of the "Lord of Rings" trilogy which was based on three novels.

Yes I don't like the Hobbit films so far they seem to all show with little substance.

Why he didn't do the Sil Marrillion I don't know.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I find them fun films, but far far behind LoTR quality. I don't like the CGI feel...I dunno, but a lot of it comes across more cartoon goofy and less realistic. It is fantasy, but most of the stunts in LotR looked plausible, save some crazy shit from Legolas that most of us accepted.

I don't really care if it was 1 or 3 films. I'll take as much Middle Earth as I can get.

Oh yeah edit: I like the sub plot of Dol Goldur a lot, and including Radagast (who belong in LotR anyway) is fine with me, but the Legolas and Tauriel additions annoy me. Azog and Bolg were both mentioned in the Hobbit, at least.
I watched the first two Hobbit movies over the weekend.
Dying to live, living to die.
@Elskidor

I read that the 50fps or so digital filming may be to blame for the un cinema like optical feel. Is that correct?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Here is one opinion
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3778 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 805 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 581 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 466 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 501 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1708 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2265 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1681 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1757 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer