Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 7:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
I have 4 movies in my PC to watch:
- 12 years a slave
- The wolf of wall street
- The conservation (from 1974 - Francis Ford Coppola)
- LOTR - Return of the king (I'll be re-watching this for the 1000th time)
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

The Woman In Black 2
SOS: Save Our Skins
Diary
Wreck It Ralph
Ponyo
The Secret World of Arrietty
Princess Mononoke
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
The Wolf Of Wall Street - 6.5/10 (Personal rating)
12 Years A Slave - 7.5 (Personal rating) - This movie is highly emotional
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

The Vault Of Horror.

Tom Baker, Curt Jürgens, Terry-Thomas, Anna Massey, Glynis Johns, all in one classic Hammer anthology film? How can you lose?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Just watched Lucy and Inception over the weekend. Both for the first time. Both total mindfuck. Both I totally recommend.
Watched "The Theory of Everything" with the wife over the weekend. Even knowing going in that it was more of a chick flick than an actual biography, I was still disappointed. The science (yes, chick flick, but Stephen Fucking HAWKING) was reduced to "I'm a scientist. I have some theories. One of the early ones was wrong." Sad

Then they misrepresented his first wife and left out the second half of his life.

It was still, (barely) a movie worth seeing, but only at rental prices. Glad I missed it at the theaters.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(February 26, 2015 at 12:04 am)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote: Watched "The Theory of Everything" with the wife over the weekend. Even knowing going in that it was more of a chick flick than an actual biography, I was still disappointed. The science (yes, chick flick, but Stephen Fucking HAWKING) was reduced to "I'm a scientist. I have some theories. One of the early ones was wrong." Sad

Then they misrepresented his first wife and left out the second half of his life.

It was still, (barely) a movie worth seeing, but only at rental prices. Glad I missed it at the theaters.

I really wanted to see that Sad

Probably funded by Jesus Fuckers.

I watched FURY the other day. That was one of those movies that really fucked with my emotional response system. You ever walk away from a movie thinking "Damn, that shit was intense."? That's what FURY was like for me. That being said...AWESOME-SAUCE!

(February 22, 2015 at 10:54 pm)Sionnach Wrote: The Woman In Black 2
SOS: Save Our Skins
Diary
Wreck It Ralph
Ponyo
The Secret World of Arrietty
Princess Mononoke
wreck-it Ralph was great. Then again, all Disney movies are, right?!!
(February 26, 2015 at 12:16 am)The Reality Salesman Wrote: I really wanted to see that Sad

Probably funded by Jesus Fuckers.

Nah. They pointed up his atheism without demonizing him for it. The christer fucktards would have tried to make it look like he realized he was wrong or would have made him a stereotypical baby eating heathen.

In this case, it was just made by people who don't seem to get that when telling the life story of one of the greatest scientific minds of all time, having some actual science in the story might be appropriate.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Well that's good but, I guess I was hoping for a more captivating genius story. Kinda like Goodwill Hunting meets Star Wars!

Kitanetos! You son of a bitch! You changed your name and have disguised yourself as a fox among not-foxes. (Sorry, couldn't think of a wittier parallel).
[Image: army-of-darkness-sequel.jpg]
Army Of Darkness
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3779 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 807 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 582 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 467 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 507 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1709 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2271 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1689 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1774 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer