Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 11:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Forums Accent Tag! Round 2
RE: Atheist Forums Accent Tag! Round 2
Yeah, no one seems to really be able to pinpoint my British accent.

I was born in Wolverhampton which often sounds quite similar to the Dudley accent.

But you may have noticed I don't sound anything like Lenny Henry at all. Or maybe I should have said "Yow may have nooticed"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8xmTW3d-Mg

We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
Do I hear the ever-so-slightest hint of the Midwestern nasally vowel? Like on the "i" in "iron" and on the "a" in "cart" and in "coupon" I hear it in the "on" part but it's no where near as prominent as some other midwesterners I've known. Very subtle. Unless I was listening for it I wouldn't think twice about it.

EDIT: also in the "i" in "time" when you say "I haven't had time to do that" Tongue
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Might have picked up on some Canadian too Wink
Damn straight it's called pop!
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Damn I was fucking shy when I did mine! And quiet and mumbly! I think I must do version 2.0 more confidently and clearer when I live by myself and feel better and can be louder! Like normally when I'm confident I can have a good phone voice and no one online whether on the accent tag or on Skype has heard how I sound when I'm confident and upbeat yet! Damnit! lol.
(October 8, 2015 at 10:21 pm)Evie Wrote: Damn I was fucking shy when I did mine! And quiet and mumbly! I think I must do version 2.0 more confidently and clearer when I live by myself and feel better and can be louder! Like normally when I'm confident I can have a good phone voice and no one online whether on the accent tag or on Skype has heard how I sound when I'm confident and upbeat yet! Damnit! lol.

I'm the same way. I can't even talk on the phone with other people in the house.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Hah, you sounded almost exactly how I pictured you sounding King Big Grin Nice vid!
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(October 9, 2015 at 10:39 am)Iroscato Wrote: Hah, you sounded almost exactly how I pictured you sounding King Big Grin Nice vid!

Thanks, I was a bit rushed and captured it on my phone in an upstairs conference room at work.  So little time these days.  Smile
Might have done a little sequel to my first video - this time, swearing! Fruity language ahoy, so be careful where you play it Wink

[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Other forums you belong to... arewethereyet 9 865 June 8, 2020 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Other forums just aren't the same Violet 18 1450 May 3, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Atheist Forum Accent Tag: Round 3!! Clueless Morgan 98 8218 November 28, 2018 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Group Video Chats on Skype... round 2 Catholic_Lady 61 11156 May 17, 2018 at 6:23 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What's the funniest trolling you have seen on these forums? Garth 18 3234 March 23, 2018 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Atheist and Christian Forums vulcanlogician 43 4839 January 4, 2018 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Dead atheist forums... erealmz 34 4858 November 16, 2017 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Sal
  Atheist Forums Recipe Book Shell B 44 8765 November 14, 2017 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Ask me questions for my next accent tag Foxaèr 6 1120 July 23, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: brewer
Tongue AF.org Q&A Tag! SteelCurtain 48 8716 February 22, 2017 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa