Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 10:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians. Could you be wrong?
RE: Christians. Could you be wrong?
I blame the schools for the drop in writing skills. That and devil music.
(August 21, 2014 at 5:18 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(August 21, 2014 at 5:11 am)ronwilliams Wrote: I am agree with you that God is exist but there is not any proof that is depend upon you, you accept this or not.

Fucking hell, are you just rolling your face along the keyboard, here?

Maybe he's trying to type in tongues (or with his tongue).

Thinking
(August 21, 2014 at 5:11 am)ronwilliams Wrote: I am agree with you that God is exist but there is not any proof that is depend upon you, you accept this or not.

Um I don't know. Confusedhock:

Is the answer Goldfinger?

Either that or Mungo Jerry.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 15, 2014 at 2:14 pm)Undeceived Wrote:
(August 15, 2014 at 11:26 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Hm. The characters Undeceived refers to are modern, simplified Hanzi characters. I wonder why they didn't use the ancient characters? Why use characters that have had centuries to be modified since Christians made contact with China when there are characters thousands of years old scratched on ancient artifacts?

The characters are ancient.
http://creation.com/images/pdfs/tj/j19_2...96-108.pdf

Sorry to take so long to reply, I had trouble accessing the site. Why would you think a creationist asserting they are ancient is evidence they are ancient? That's the claim the creationist is making, I don't believe it. For starters, the guy 'refuting' the letter thinks hieroglyphs are inherently religious when they're nothing of the sort, and he admits to not being an expert on Chinese. Don't you think an expert in Chinese is exactly what's needed to make this case...and if they had a reputable one backing them up, THAT is whose work they would cite?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I guess I could be convinced that there is no God. I don't know what it would take because I haven't come across it yet.
(August 1, 2014 at 5:41 pm)Rob_W75 Wrote: As an atheist I am willing to admit that I could be wrong. God may exist. Your Bible may be 100% accurate. All I need is evidence.

Is there anything that could convince you that the God of the Bible may not exist?

I believe that nothing could convince me that God may not exists. I guess when we all die we will know the answer.

(September 15, 2014 at 12:54 pm)C4RM5 Wrote: I believe that nothing could convince me that God may not exists. I guess when we all die we will know the answer.

Actually, when you die, your consciousness will cease to exist, thus you'd be incapable of knowing anything. So, even death won't bring you any knowledge.

But dementia might... Thinking
(September 15, 2014 at 1:10 pm)genkaus Wrote:
(September 15, 2014 at 12:54 pm)C4RM5 Wrote: I believe that nothing could convince me that God may not exists. I guess when we all die we will know the answer.

Actually, when you die, your consciousness will cease to exist, thus you'd be incapable of knowing anything. So, even death won't bring you any knowledge.

How to you know that, how is there any way prove that. Any way if you die I find God existed you would know, If you died and God didn't exist it wouldn't matter.

(September 15, 2014 at 1:40 pm)C4RM5 Wrote:
(September 15, 2014 at 1:10 pm)genkaus Wrote: Actually, when you die, your consciousness will cease to exist, thus you'd be incapable of knowing anything. So, even death won't bring you any knowledge.

How to you know that, how is there any way prove that. Any way if you die I find God existed you would know, If you died and God didn't exist it wouldn't matter.

That's the mostly poorly worded Pascal's Wager I've ever seen.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 10218 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  If you could rid the world... FredTheLobster 33 3562 June 29, 2021 at 11:02 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  They're going to be chanting to the wrong God. brewer 32 2840 March 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8064 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Could I sue my religion over this? Won2blv 21 3410 October 8, 2017 at 8:18 am
  Could God's creation be like His omniscience? Whateverist 19 6009 May 18, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Another "how could any intelligent woman be a Christian?" thread drfuzzy 17 2891 September 14, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 36461 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31563 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 52076 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho