Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
RE: The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures)
Apparently butterscotch is boiled to soft crack state, and not hard crack as in toffee. 

I did not know that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterscotch
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(October 31, 2016 at 7:45 am)Whateverist Wrote: I have to announce I'll be leaving now.  The wife needs me to take her in to get some minor surgery done.  We'll probably have breakfast out after so I should be back in several hours after I've walked the dogs .. provided C_L gives up catholicism, Bella renounces Trump and EP either shits or gets off the pot.

Hope everything goes/went well.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 31, 2016 at 11:38 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 31, 2016 at 11:35 am)Alex K Wrote: THAT'S NOT AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION GODDAMMIT!

Sorry, I got carried away with this deeply emotional question..

It IS an answer to your question – the difference is that Hammy prefers toffee.

Boru

Whose side are you on anyway, with your logic?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(October 31, 2016 at 7:45 am)Whateverist Wrote: I have to announce I'll be leaving now.  The wife needs me to take her in to get some minor surgery done.  We'll probably have breakfast out after so I should be back in several hours after I've walked the dogs .. provided C_L gives up catholicism, Bella renounces Trump and EP either shits or gets off the pot.

Best wishes for her!

(October 31, 2016 at 12:54 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

Best wishes for her!

And from myself!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(October 31, 2016 at 1:15 pm)Alex K Wrote:
(October 31, 2016 at 12:54 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Best wishes for her!

And from myself!

And me, three.
Rest easy kind gentlemen, she pulled through like a champ. We had to be there at 5:45 am but they probably didn't get started until 6:30. Picked up her meds, had breakfast and I'm just getting ready to walk the dogs if she gives me a thumbs up.
(October 31, 2016 at 11:41 am)c172 Wrote: Apparently butterscotch is boiled to soft crack state, and not hard crack as in toffee. 

I did not know that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterscotch

Crack kills.

IJS.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(October 31, 2016 at 1:21 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Rest easy kind gentlemen, she pulled through like a champ.  We had to be there at 5:45 am but they probably didn't get started until 6:30.  Picked up her meds, had breakfast and I'm just getting ready to walk the dogs if she gives me a thumbs up.

Thumbs up where? Wink

Glad everything's OK.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 31, 2016 at 5:30 am)Lucanus Wrote:
(October 31, 2016 at 3:29 am)Vic Wrote: Missed ya bad, boiii

It's Doctor boi now

Tongue

Hah! I have a Dottore among my homeboys now. Nobody's gonna mess with me! /smug-proud

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Commentary on announcements and staff logs thread The Valkyrie 139 10168 July 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4144 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  [split] The Newly Departed thread: announcements (departures) Edwardo Piet 93 10232 December 12, 2016 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Please Explain to a Newly Inducted "Old Fart" thesummerqueen 44 13413 November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Cinjin