Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 7:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like.
RE: Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like.
I do not believe for a second that alcohol, depression, loneliness, or any combination of unfortunate life circumstances would cause someone to contemplate or threaten to commit rape.

I know I’ve been drunk depressed and lonely enough times and I may not have lost a partner but I’ve been through some shitty experiences too.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(August 19, 2018 at 9:09 pm)Succubus Wrote:
(August 19, 2018 at 8:17 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: He is a witty and intelligent person. The severe depression combined with a lot of alcohol makes him say things he doesn't truly mean, things that the real Stimbo who is thinking clearly wouldn't have said.  

(For reference: In his drunken state he has talked to me as though Sam is still alive, and has also asked me to pray for him.)  

It doesn't excuse the awful thing he said to Jack, but it does put it into context.

TROLL.

Not Cyberman, you. Just in case there was any confusion.

You're wasting your time flirting with her.  She is way into her husband.  You've got no chance.
(August 19, 2018 at 10:17 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(August 19, 2018 at 10:10 pm)LastPoet Wrote: I guess. I can't understand. I have been Drunk, LSD, drugged out of my mind. Yet, never thought of harming orhers. Hell, while many stole from their own family, I went trough withdrawals many times due to lack of money. Drunkness is no excuse.

I think it's all the culmination of drunkenness, severe depression, loneliness, loss of a life partner/prospects of a family that made him say that. Hopefully he never actually thought of harming anyone, and I suspect he hasn't. I know it's no excuse to have said what he said. I'm just explaining why he may have been in a state where he said something so awful that he didn't mean.

This happened a while ago. It was only when he started to portray himself as a victym that I started wanting to know what indeed happened. For all I knew, he just had stepped down from staff. It was his bad talk about the staff that got me curious and in search of answers. Well. The kind of thing that kills cats, curiosity.
Tell me again why the Richard Dawkins forum collapsed.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(August 19, 2018 at 10:27 pm)Losty Wrote: I do not believe for a second that alcohol, depression, loneliness, or any combination of unfortunate life circumstances would cause someone to contemplate or threaten to commit rape.

Yeah. LSD made me god once. But it made me an awesome and handsome god.

"Let the rivers run full of beer!"
(August 19, 2018 at 9:34 pm)Joods Wrote: I think people tend to forget that staff are members first and staff second. It's a volunteer position filled by humans.

And I have been guilty of forgetting that myself on more than one occasion.

You have that exactly back to front.

A moderator is someone who mediates disputes and should never get personally involved.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(August 19, 2018 at 10:28 pm)Succubus Wrote: Tell me again why the Richard Dawkins forum collapsed.

Because pieces of shit like you were there? Your contribution to this forum is negligeble at best and stupid at worse.
(August 19, 2018 at 9:49 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I know. Trust me I didn't intend on going on with it, but seeing his entire person being reduced down to something he said (which he didn't mean) in a drunken, depressive state hurt my heart. Despite how awful that thing was, I don't think it should define him entirely. We've known him for years as a respected member here and decent human and friend. 

I get it, CL, I know your heart is in the right place here.

But this isn't an isolated incident. Ask anyone who's been here and been friends with him for years, this is an escalation of behaviors that have been there all along. He makes awful comments about women and his IRL friends all the time. We had been chalking this up to his alcoholism and loneliness because of the genuinely warm and funny person he was when he wasn't drunk, which was becoming more and more rare.

I think this incident really just opened up a lot of our eyes to what was there all along. We are not defining him by this thing that he said. We are finally realizing that he's been saying shit like this all along, and we're no longer choosing to ignore it.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(August 19, 2018 at 10:33 pm)LastPoet Wrote:
(August 19, 2018 at 10:28 pm)Succubus Wrote: Tell me again why the Richard Dawkins forum collapsed.

Because pieces of shit like you were there? Your contribution to this forum is negligeble at best and stupid at worse.

Put the shovel down.

Quote:LastPoetYou used font size and colour to attack another member of this forum for expressing her opinion. Who the fuck you think you are to tell me that I shouldn't make you the piece of shit you portray yourself? I am more the moderator than you could dream of being. Or anything you could ever be, except dumb as they go. You need a few more miles on your feet and as far as moderating. Tibs knows he will have me untill I get tired or he finds someonw better.

Oh poor you. It is my opinion you are just garbage in this forum. But since I am such a bad moderator, that explans why you are still here heh? Hilarious
(August 19, 2018 at 10:33 pm)Succubus Wrote:
(August 19, 2018 at 9:34 pm)Joods Wrote: I think people tend to forget that staff are members first and staff second. It's a volunteer position filled by humans.

And I have been guilty of forgetting that myself on more than one occasion.

You have that exactly back to front.

A moderator is someone who mediates disputes and should never get personally involved.

Again, you miss some points entirely. Keep being stupid. It's the only thing you're good at.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i keep getting contradictory messages from staff rocinantexyz 12 2585 November 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Dear Staff Foxaèr 28 4296 February 5, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What Does This Mean, Oh Staff? Minimalist 24 5706 July 15, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: c172
  Staff Appreciation Thread Shell B 41 8223 December 4, 2016 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  blocking ex staff members Catholic_Lady 68 6687 November 17, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  [split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues pocaracas 283 32740 July 11, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Unable to log in to my account Mermaid 42 6223 March 30, 2016 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Thumbs Up Kudos for such Great forums!! Orchids 24 6168 September 22, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Blueberry muffins and birthdays and other such things. Losty 13 4333 May 16, 2015 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  Staff....Once The Strike Ends...Strange Error Message Minimalist 1 2050 April 5, 2015 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Jackalope