Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 7:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creation/evolution3
RE: Creation/evolution3
In what way is a soul hereditary, and if it is, whats the marker for that, where's the hook? You've claimed that such a hook and such a mechanism for heredity exists. That means that soul is material, demonstrable, and absolutely falsifiable. You just gave "soul" to science, IOW. You didn't reconcile the "narratives", you deferred authority to the narrative you wish to oppose. Gratz. You've also made the Flood demonstrable and falsifiable. Point to the bottleneck (those have places in time...so the flood can be dated) and perhaps explain why we are not all the children of a single father, today...from that day forward? Which groups of us have the soul gene you're certainly going to demonstrate ( Jerkoff ) and where are they...so we can see some non-negotiable, inarguable hereditary soul? How did the other groups survive this flood?

Pretty sure that wasn't your intention, you were probably looking for ways to excuse your fantasies from criticism, not hand them over to the enemy. Care to make a modification?

(also, when you shoot off this conversation to the next person you want to aggrandize yourself to, are these answers going to be contained therein? care to cc us on that?)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 18, 2015 at 9:48 am)Rhythm Wrote: In what way is a soul hereditary, and if it is, whats the marker for that, where's the hook? You've claimed that such a hook and such a mechanism for heredity exists. That means that soul is both material, potentially deomstrable, and absolutely falsifiable. You just gave "soul" to science, IOW.

Pretty sure that wasn't your intention. Care to make a modification?

That is a good point.
(January 18, 2015 at 4:08 am)Roxy904 Wrote: How can I logically trust the Bible?
I can't. There's nothing to support it; it's a bunch of outdated nonsense.
Has God been talking to you, Drich? If so, I have bad news...

If God did not 'contact' us as promise then why do so many of us remain?
(January 18, 2015 at 9:51 am)Drich Wrote:
(January 18, 2015 at 4:08 am)Roxy904 Wrote: How can I logically trust the Bible?
I can't. There's nothing to support it; it's a bunch of outdated nonsense.
Has God been talking to you, Drich? If so, I have bad news...

If God did not 'contact' us as promise then why do so many of us remain?

Argument from numbers.

If Buddhism is untrue, why are there so many Buddhists?
If Islam is untrue, why are there so many Muslims?
If Hinduism is untrue, why are there so many Hindus?

And so on.
(January 18, 2015 at 4:12 am)Stimbo Wrote:
(January 18, 2015 at 3:23 am)Drich Wrote: Carful dry sand just got in trouble for doing that same thing. (You're not allowed to miss quote)

Without making clear that any alterations are not the original author's own. Don't play Mod, Drich, you're no better at it than you are xtian.

If you did not see an alteration then maybe you should look a little closer.
Argument from popularity. Another logical fallacy. The truth of a belief in no way depends on the number of people holding that belief.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 18, 2015 at 9:54 am)Drich Wrote:
(January 18, 2015 at 4:12 am)Stimbo Wrote: Without making clear that any alterations are not the original author's own. Don't play Mod, Drich, you're no better at it than you are xtian.

If you did not see an alteration then maybe you should look a little closer.

Are you really this stupid?

(rhetorical question)
Do theists just not care that they use logical fallacies over and over? They either don't know or don't care. And regulars here ought to know what they are by now.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 18, 2015 at 10:03 am)robvalue Wrote: Do theists just not care that they use logical fallacies over and over? They either don't know or don't care. And regulars here ought to know what they are by now.

I'm pretty sure they don't know. They literally cannot know. The cognitive dissonance involved in acknowledging logical fallacies while simultaneously depending on them as the foundation of your worldview is simply too great.
Nothing Drich spouts off here is, in any way, a foundation for his worldview. This is theater, lying for christ, pure and simple bullshittery. It didn't and doesn't compel him to belief (and if he ever opened a book and learned otherwise his belief would not vanish as a result). It's ad hoc trash.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution/creation video Drich 62 9643 January 15, 2020 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Could God's creation be like His omniscience? Whateverist 19 5999 May 18, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Tower of Bible and creation of languages mcolafson 41 6270 September 22, 2016 at 9:33 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Creation Muesum Blondie 225 35630 October 31, 2015 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Biblical Creation and the Geological Record in Juxtaposition Rhondazvous 11 3883 June 7, 2015 at 7:42 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Creation "science" at its finest! Esquilax 22 7580 January 30, 2015 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Strongbad
  Reliability of the creation account robvalue 129 12703 January 20, 2015 at 3:48 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Creation BrokenQuill92 33 10103 March 27, 2014 at 1:42 am
Last Post: psychoslice
  Over 30 Creation Stories StoryBook 5 2628 January 11, 2014 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Sexual Attraction is evidence of evolution not creation. Brakeman 15 4596 October 20, 2013 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Brakeman