Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 2:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three)
RE: Atheism. The UNscientific belief (part two)
(November 14, 2015 at 7:02 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(November 12, 2015 at 9:50 pm)Evie Wrote: Good movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POxMp61Ksbk

Although I prefer the 2nd one.

Why would anyone need an Hero?
I got a better idea.
Wouldn't be better to become an Hero ourselves by conquering our inner self?  Lightbulb

*hint* It's a song situated in a fictional movie.

Trust little Rik for taking this seriously!
(November 14, 2015 at 9:39 am)Evie Wrote:
(November 14, 2015 at 7:02 am)Little Rik Wrote: Why would anyone need an Hero?
I got a better idea.
Wouldn't be better to become an Hero ourselves by conquering our inner self?  Lightbulb

*hint* It's a song situated in a fictional movie.

Trust little Rik for taking this seriously!

You got to be kidding Evie, do you?  Smile
How can you take seriously people in total denial?  I'm all ears!  Hi  I'm all ears!
Quote:How can you take seriously people in total denial?

We have a winner, folks!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
He even admits it.
(November 14, 2015 at 10:05 am)Evie Wrote: He even admits it.

Sort of plagiarism?  Rolleyes
It will not help a bit Evie.
Much better you create something original rather than parroting.
But let us show the reality.
You guys say that atheism is not unscientific but science contradict you at every step.
Physically speaking the rule is that a clever and bright mind can only be such when the body is healthy.
In Latin the old saying goes.........Mens-sana-in-corpore-sano......
By introducing rubbish in your body such as smoke, booze, drugs, meat and so on the chances that your body and mind can be in top nick are very very slim and considering that most of you don't care about it show how unscientific you are.
The evidence?
Over a year ago i was talking about the damages done by meat eating and all of you try to say the opposite.
Now the mind.
You think that the mind can do so many things but you don't even understand the differences between outer mind and inner mind so how the hell can you hope to make any progress in this place?
So, zero, nil, nothing.
No progress of whatsoever and then you have the audacity to say that it is me that is in denial.
Science contradict you guys so you lost.  Smile
(November 15, 2015 at 3:20 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(November 14, 2015 at 10:05 am)Evie Wrote: He even admits it.

Sort of plagiarism?  Rolleyes
You guys say that atheism is not unscientific but science contradict you at every step.
Physically speaking the rule is that a clever and bright mind can only be such when the body is healthy.
By introducing rubbish in your body such as smoke, booze, drugs, meat and so on the chances that your body and mind can be in top nick are very very slim and considering that most of you don't care about it show how unscientific you are.
The evidence?
Over a year ago i was talking about the damages done by meat eating and all of you try to say the opposite.
Now the mind.
You think that the mind can do so many things but you don't even understand the differences between outer mind and inner mind so how the hell can you hope to make any progress in this place?
So, zero, nil, nothing.
No progress of whatsoever and then you have the audacity to say that it is me that is in denial.

Atheism is the acknowledgement that there is no god(s), also science it doesn't contradict the non believe.
Wolfram math debunks the intelligent design go google it. 

Countries who are majority atheist tend to be happier healthier and have less crime, speaking of which going for a
jog in the morning. 

As far as eating meat we can eat meat because our bodies evolved to consume it but vegetables are better 
on the digestive track. 

The mind does so many things i keeps our blood  pumping we are able to look see feel touch have thoughts do calculations etc. 

Science is science period, science cannot doesn't contradict atheism because atheism by definition get this is the lack of the believe in god.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(November 15, 2015 at 3:33 am)dyresand Wrote:
(November 15, 2015 at 3:20 am)Little Rik Wrote: Sort of plagiarism?  Rolleyes
The evidence?
Now the mind.
So, zero, nil, nothing.

Atheism is the acknowledgement that there is no god(s), also science it doesn't contradict the non believe.
Wolfram math debunks the intelligent design go google it.

Wolfram build up his theory in order to show religious people that their theories can be debunked.
That's ok with me.
I am not a religious person.
My believe doesn't come from what is written in holy books or other form of abstract beliefs.
My understanding that God exist come from inner introspection.
To me God is within and i feel it within so Wolfram theory does not apply to me or yoga philosophy.

Quote:Countries who are majority atheist tend to be happier healthier and have less crime, speaking of which going for a jog in the morning.

These days most of the planet is sort of .........WHO CARE ...rather then atheist.
Real atheists are very few compare to people who don't care about the issue.
Materialism has taken over.
People really don't give a stuff whether God exist or not and that doesn't really show much in statistic
numbers.
The real believers are less and less.
I was talking with a work mate from India sometime ago.
I ask him.......DO YOU FOLLOW ANY RELIGIONS OR BELIEF?
He said.........OH YES, I AM HINDU, AND I FOLLOW SHIVA.
So i said to him......are you vegetarian and do you practice meditation?
NOT AT THE MOMENT BUT WHEN I WAS IN INDIA I WAS A VEGETARIAN.
So i said to him.....how can you follow Shiva if you don't do what he was teaching?
He was a bit in denial thinking that it is all ok.
That is how it goes these days.
People say that they follow this or that religion or belief but in reality the real followers are a handful.

Quote:As far as eating meat we can eat meat because our bodies evolved to consume it but vegetables are better on the digestive track.

You got it wrong mate.
It is true that even in the past many people used to eat meat but it is also true that as the consciousness evolve also the food must change.
Just imagine if a cart that was in use 2000 years ago could travel in the highways of these days.
And imagine the spaceship of the future.
They will not need the type of fuel that we got these days so from this you should understand that what was ok or could manage in the past can not possibly be good these days.
Meat is s.hit but low form of consciousness could deal with that.
Today is a different story as our consciousness evolved more and more and more will evolve in the future.

Quote:The mind does so many things i keeps our blood  pumping we are able to look see feel touch have thoughts do calculations etc. 

Sure, but what this has to do with outer mind and inner mind?

Quote:Science is science period, science cannot doesn't contradict atheism because atheism by definition get this is the lack of the believe in god.

Ehm, i though my English was bad.
Now i can take a sigh of relief.
Never mind mate.
Science can not contradict a lack of belief in God.
How can it?
But be careful Dyresand.
Let us not confuse the physical science with the intuitive science.
So yes, physical science can not possibly find out whether God exist or not
BECAUSE God is not a physical entity and therefore this physical science can only find out what is physical.
Do you understand now why i say that atheism is unscientific?
It is unscientific because it doesn't use the correct science to establish whether God exist or not.  Lightbulb
(November 15, 2015 at 4:56 am)Little Rik Wrote: Meat is s.hit but low form of consciousness could deal with that.

All this talk of low vs high forms of consciousness is based on .. what, exactly? What makes the quality of consciousness supported by vegetarianism 'higher'? What you call 'lower' is what I would call your humanity. You eschew that in order to obtain what you call 'higher' consciousness. But even if you could, why would you want to leave behind your humanity? What urgent business requires such a sacrifice? Becoming a 'disembodied' intelligence is essentially an escapist mission. I leave you to it.
Hi Rik, I'm going to try one last time but since you've not been responding to my messages, this might be a complete waste of time.

Here's to hoping Undecided

(November 15, 2015 at 3:20 am)Little Rik Wrote: You guys say that atheism is not unscientific but science contradict you at every step.
No. No-one has said that. The only comment made about that has been that atheism has nothing to do with science as it's only the disbelief in theistic propositions.

Quote:Physically speaking the rule is that a clever and bright mind can only be such when the body is healthy.
Stephen Hawking would have words with you about that.

Quote:By introducing rubbish in your body such as smoke, booze, drugs, meat and so on the chances that your body and mind can be in top nick are very very slim and considering that most of you don't care about it show how unscientific you are.
So smoking etc. are 'atheistic' practices are they? And all atheists are smokers etc.? Really? Are you really claiming that?

Quote:The evidence?
You have none. None. You're making things up.

Quote:You think that the mind can do so many things but you don't even understand the differences between outer mind and inner mind so how the hell can you hope to make any progress in this place?
No, you don't understand the way the mind works. You've demonstrated this with every comment you've made about how you think the mind works. It's not even as if you're the type of woo-merchant who takes modern scientific discovery and twists it in to something woo-ish, you simply lie to people and claim esotericism as your defense. That's despicable.

Quote:No progress of whatsoever and then you have the audacity to say that it is me that is in denial.
I'll say again; physician, heal thyself.

Quote:Science contradict you guys so you lost.  Smile
Science doesn't contradict the 'atheist' position in any way because atheism, as you've been told a hundred times or more, has no doctrine, let alone one that refers specifically to science. However, you know what science can do? It can demonstrate that specific claims, made about gods, are false. It's been doing this for a long time now.
Sum ergo sum
@ Little Rik?

Plagarism? Do you know what Plagarism actually is?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2810 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6499 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2822 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit Cepheus Ace 18 3069 June 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belief in God is a clinic Interaktive 55 5697 April 1, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Is atheism a belief? Agnostico 1023 85004 March 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3556 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5314 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4766 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 26046 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic