Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 1:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fucking Cops: Volume II
RE: Fucking Cops: Volume II
The "do as you're told" stuff works well enough for a small child, but trying to keep a teen in line isn't easy. They're still considered minors, though, which causes a bit of conflict to say the least. I don't see the point in stopping the class to call the principle over, though. Just drag the kid outside and continue. I don't know why she even had her cell out in class, anyway.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

There is so much wrong with American education that I think it will take a lot more than principals walking around to fix it.
(November 1, 2015 at 5:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote: There is so much wrong with American education that I think it will take a lot more than principals walking around to fix it.

I agree.  I personally think the "Everybody gets a trophy because we're all special" things needs to stop.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
"You were the last winner".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD9wgQc8O90
I should probably start a new thread for this but I'm too lazy. 

I'm sick of this horseshit which blames the school and the teacher for when the little fuckers don't learn.  Where is the responsibility of the student in all this?  Yes, I get that parents are overburdened but they are a big part of the problem, too.  They want daycare for their kids and no more problems.  Far too many are perfectly happy to come home from work and park their kids in front of their computers or tvs just so that it is quiet.  How can a teacher, who spends 45-50 minutes a day with the kid overcome that kind of home situation?

Either a kid wants to learn or they don't and far too many seem to fall into the "don't" category.

Chris Rock nails it here.

We've got an entire culture yelling at kids to "stay in school" and they are not fucking listening.  If they do stay they aren't paying attention.  They've got their noses in their phones or they are disrupting the kids who want to learn.

My folks were depression-era kids.  My dad quit school in the 8th grade and my mom made it to 10th.  Both of them never stopped with the "do good in school routine so you don't end up like me".  My dad always said "work with your head, not with your back."  Later on, I realized that I had traded a back ache for a head ache, but I never told him.  What would have been the point.  They were not unique.  They were typical.  All my friends told the same stories.  But we all listened.  They had some credibility even if they thought the Beatles were the end of civilization.

Kids today, even if their parents give them that routine, look at their parents, with their high school degree and their minimum-wage job flipping burgers at fucking McDonalds and say "fuck that."

I suspect we have to lose the notion that college is desirable for everyone....which does make me laugh at Bernie Sanders' proposal and realize that not everyone is cut out for it. It just seems that far too many kids, parents and politicians think that "the schools" should be able to pour knowledge into their little progeny without anyone having any responsibility on the other side.  I realize that there are good parents who do their best but they are up against a whole shitload of problems if their kid does not want to cooperate.
I like it when Min rants.

I like expressiveness in general, and Min is awesome.

I agree Min you either want to learn or you don't. I know plenty of adults that have always wanted to learn ever since they were a kid and plenty who never have. I love learning but I'm definitely more lazy than I should be. With me I think it's more the case that I'm too busy listening to music to do reading most of the time, and it's hard to read and listen at the same time... at least for me Smile

Some people you could explain to them until you're blue in the face and they'd never wish to learn. You either want to or you don't.
And that all sounds great, Min, except it's yet another "KIDS TODAY!!!" idyllic argument that doesn't fully bear the weight of scrutiny.

Dropout rates are lower than ever. College attendance is higher than ever (whether or not that's a good thing is another question, and I think I'm on your side on that one). Turns out all that did was make it so that you can't get a job almost anywhere unless you have a BSc, anymore.

The fact that some schools perform less-well than others, given the same social variables, and can be improved through administrative remedies, suggests that there is something potentially at-fault with the school when its children are not learning well. Is it also partly due to the home or culture in which those children are raised? Are there socioeconomic issues at play here as well? Certainly! But to say that we must blame the children and not the schools/teachers is to say that either some children are inherently faulty, in neighborhood/town clusters, while others (almost always in better socioeconomic situations and/or tax-bases, here in the USA), while the school is nearly irrelevant in how it approaches the education process (or else absolved of wrongdoing, under the idea that the kids just need to try harder).

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy "kids, today!" arguments, any more than I buy the "this generation has no morals, like mine did!" arguments.

Edit to Add: My mother was a teacher for over a decade and a half, before going back to get her PhD and becoming a professor, a job she continues to this day. So I'm not anti-teacher or anti-school, nor am I speaking entirely out of my ass when I talk about the educational environment!
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Quote:Dropout rates are lower than ever. College attendance is higher than ever (whether or not that's a good thing is another question, and I think I'm on your side on that one). Turns out all that did was make it so that you can't get a job almost anywhere unless you have a BSc, anymore.

Yeah...and like Carlin said above, they all make the Honor Roll, too.  All we have done is dumb things down so that the degrees are virtually worthless.

From earlier this year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grad...raduation/

Quote:Why are so many college students failing to gain job skills before graduation?

The problem is complex but the notion that students are little sponges just eager to soak up knowledge has got to go.  They expect to be told how fucking wonderful they are regardless of what they do and, yes, the "self-esteem" movement is a primary cause of that.  My college profs didn't give a shit if I lived or died.  He had 299 other kids in his lecture hall. 

I have a friend - and I'm very proud of her - who went back to college at the age of 39 and got her degree.  It was not her fault that the standards had dropped so far.  I frequently helped her out with research since she was working the whole time and was frankly stunned to see that web sites were considered sufficient to support a paper. 
She graduated Summa Cum Laude.

Then I have a niece who is a total airhead.  She told my wife that she never had to read an actual book other than the text book in her 4 years.  She made the honor roll, too.

This is simply bullshit and I can't blame businesses for not being impressed with the applicants they are getting.  Education has become a commodity.  You spend a shitload of money and get a degree and you expect to get a transcript with virtually all "A's" on it.  And they aren't worth shit.

Now, you cannot blame the kids for any of that.  They didn't do it.  But they are both the victims and the beneficiaries of the system which has evolved.  And then, there are the
helicopter parents:

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/20...just-can-t

Quote:I know, I know. People have been worrying about The Kids These Days since time immemorial. And yet, older people I talk to -- ones old enough to remember seeing the low-speed, low-stakes train wreck that was my own generation hurtling through college and into the workforce -- confirm my impression that This Time Really Is Different. The upper stratum of the Trophy Kids really are going into college expecting to live in a sort of Nerf universe where nothing ever really hurts, and there's always an adult to pick them up and put them back on track. And they're coming out into the workforce expecting the same sort of personal concierge service from a world that, as I was myself dismayed to find 20 years ago, really doesn't have time to care how they feel.

My apologies to the Mods. Would one of you split this off into a Modern Education Thread.  I should have done it myself because I knew what would happen.

Sorry.
Back to the fucking cops.

http://kdvr.com/2015/10/31/blind-man-awa...lity-suit/

Quote:Blind man awarded $400,000 in police brutality suit

The fucking heroes in blue beat up a blind man!

What scum.
At least this guy is in prison for 205 years to life. How in the world do all of these guys get on the police force? Don't the good guys want to be cops anymore?

http://www.startnetzero.net/news/read/ar...on_po-ap-2

Manowar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IF You Are Wondering Why There Are So Many Fucking Assholes in Alabama Minimalist 15 1877 August 23, 2018 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Well Does This Ever Fucking Figure! Minimalist 3 670 June 12, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Fucking Orange Shitgibbon Can't Stop Talking ABout Himself Minimalist 3 674 May 28, 2018 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Fucking Republicunts Won The Special Election Out Here Minimalist 3 787 April 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Fucking Conservatards Are Just As Bad As The Fucking Catholicks Minimalist 2 693 December 24, 2017 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Divinity
  They're All Fucking Crooks Minimalist 2 809 November 6, 2017 at 2:39 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The Health Insurance That The Republicunts Think Is So Fucking Great Minimalist 7 1733 October 18, 2017 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Fucking Courts Are As Bad As The Fucking Cops Minimalist 10 1616 October 12, 2017 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What a Fucking Loon. Minimalist 13 2009 October 11, 2017 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Senator Alexander Shits On The WLB's Fucking Budget Minimalist 6 1814 September 13, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus