Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 7:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fucking Cops: Volume II
RE: Fucking Cops: Volume II
Pulling this thread back on topic, what we see here is a fine example of Police Department rules.

Shooting a 12 year old kid with a toy gun one fucking second after you drive up to him is okay - but failing to disclose that you were dismissed from an earlier police position for being emotionally unstable gets you fired.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40098657

Quote:Tamir Rice shooting: Cleveland police officer Loehmann sacked

Quote:A white police officer who fatally shot a 12-year-old black boy in Cleveland, Ohio, in November 2014 has been sacked for lying on his cadet application.

Timothy Loehmann opened fire on Tamir Rice as he played with a pellet gun, sparking widespread protests.

His action cost the taxpayers of Cleveland in excess of $6 million dollars but he didn't do anything wrong according to the fucking D.A.
(May 30, 2017 at 1:15 pm)Khemikal Wrote: We need to open our eyes to depression and suicide. We talk about gun violence constantly, we write legislation to combat it...but, like with the notion of needing regulations before....there's a subtle misapprehension rolling around in our heads as to what we're talking about.  We hear that ten people died today from guns, for example..and we imagine ten shootouts, ten crimes, ten children finding daddy's pistol.  It's actually six suicides.  Most people who die of gunshot wounds aren't the victim of a violent crime, and didn't have an accident.  

The trouble, ofc, is that even though crazy can't buy a gun (i know, I know, it's unkind to describe the suicidal as crazy).....they probably -weren't- crazy when they bought the gun, or...at the very least, didn't have access to or hadn't availed themselves -of- the mental health services that would have flagged them.

If people were as obsessed with guns here in the UK as they are in America... then there would be a lot more gun violence here.

Yes of course eyes need to be opened to depression and suicide. They are an even bigger problem than gun violence... but that doesn't change the fact that gun violence is still a big problem.

You're committing the "not as bad as" fallacy:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as
.....?

It's not really an issue of whether or not's it's as bad a problem, to me anyway.  I'm simply pointing out that it's not the same problem.  If our gun problem is the ten people who die every day, then no amount of us writing more laws about gun violence will solve that problem - and whatever reduction in that problem would be acjhieved by such laws could/should already be achieved since gun violence is already super duper illegal.  In the US, we half step around sticky issues that we don;t want to address or acknowledge.  We'd rather talk about (and write laws about) dirty crimers who do crimes than acknowledge a mental health problem for what it is...and even then, we'd rather call those dirty crimers who do crimes the problem...rather than acknowledge that there's a problem that actively compels them to crime.

The same little drama plays itself out on the fucking cops issue. The problem (that cops are beating/killing darkies like hotcakes) is always addressed as some other thing. The real problem is the bad apples™, even though..hilariously, the bad apples and the good apples are both placed in situations in which the outcome of either apples involvement will be largely identical. So what do we do....? We write more laws criminalizing more shit. We get tougher on crime because the crimers are making cops shoot people...somehow, the price of doing the business of justice...and it can't be that the police institution itself is the problem.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 29, 2017 at 5:43 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://killedbypolice.net/

As of today 491 have been killed outright as of May 29th.  That's 3.2 per day or, as some around here would assert, magnificent police work. 

Yeah, 1 in 110,000,000 is horrible. Every bit as horrible as your over-dramatic thread would imply. 

How-DARE-You! squad posts go here.
As I've said, G/S - your lack of compassion for the victims of police brutality does you little credit.

I imagine you think this motherfucker got exactly what he deserved, huh?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/broo...-1.3207795

Quote:Disabled man spent 42 hours on filthy floor of Brooklyn jail after police took away his wheelchair: lawsuit

Quote:A disabled man claims he was forced to drag himself through urine, spit, and vomit and sleep on the filthy floor of a jail cell after uncaring cops took away his wheelchair, according to a federal lawsuit filed on Tuesday in Brooklyn.

Baron Walker said he was left to rot on the cold concrete floor of a Brooklyn Central Booking cell for more than 42 hours after a bogus arrest.
I guess in your world he should be happy they didn't just shoot him in the back?
(May 30, 2017 at 9:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: As I've said, G/S - your lack of compassion for the victims of police brutality does you little credit.

I imagine you think this motherfucker got exactly what he deserved, huh?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/broo...-1.3207795

Quote:Disabled man spent 42 hours on filthy floor of Brooklyn jail after police took away his wheelchair: lawsuit

Quote:A disabled man claims he was forced to drag himself through urine, spit, and vomit and sleep on the filthy floor of a jail cell after uncaring cops took away his wheelchair, according to a federal lawsuit filed on Tuesday in Brooklyn.

Baron Walker said he was left to rot on the cold concrete floor of a Brooklyn Central Booking cell for more than 42 hours after a bogus arrest.
I guess in your world he should be happy they didn't just shoot him in the back?

You relentlessly misrepresent my position because you have to, it's compulsive.
You could clear up your position in a heartbeat if you so desired.  Right now, yeah.  I think you are a cop lover who will make excuses for anything they do.

Here's another heart throb for you.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/new-york...-shooting/

Quote:New York City police officer charged with murder in woman’s shooting

Hey, only took them 8 months to figure out the charges?  If a cop had gotten shot how long do you think?  8 minutes?
(May 31, 2017 at 7:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You could clear up your position in a heartbeat if you so desired.  Right now, yeah.  I think you are a cop lover who will make excuses for anything they do.

And you base that on what, exactly? 

You never answer that rationally, because there's no support for it.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...361454001/
Hopefully this deputies husband won't get away with this.

Hey GS I am a bit hazy on your position too.

Manowar
(June 2, 2017 at 1:55 pm)Manowar Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...361454001/
Hopefully this deputies husband won't get away with this.

Hey GS I am a bit hazy on your position too.

Manowar

I have been noting that the hysteria Min routinely promotes on this forum is greatly overblown. BY HIS NUMBERS people in the US have a 1 in 110,000,000 chance of being killed by a police officer. The numbers he refuses to give is how many were justified, how many were unjustified, including accident discharge, etc. In return he and the How Dare You Squad claim I'm in favor of murder by police. Never can post a source where I say that, of course, because it's total bullshit. In this thread as well as elsewhere I've stated that I am in favor of close civilian supervision of police officers. 

And, if you look at the threads Rev. Minny starts you'll probably see a pattern.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IF You Are Wondering Why There Are So Many Fucking Assholes in Alabama Minimalist 15 1877 August 23, 2018 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Well Does This Ever Fucking Figure! Minimalist 3 670 June 12, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Fucking Orange Shitgibbon Can't Stop Talking ABout Himself Minimalist 3 674 May 28, 2018 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Fucking Republicunts Won The Special Election Out Here Minimalist 3 787 April 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Fucking Conservatards Are Just As Bad As The Fucking Catholicks Minimalist 2 693 December 24, 2017 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Divinity
  They're All Fucking Crooks Minimalist 2 809 November 6, 2017 at 2:39 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The Health Insurance That The Republicunts Think Is So Fucking Great Minimalist 7 1733 October 18, 2017 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Fucking Courts Are As Bad As The Fucking Cops Minimalist 10 1616 October 12, 2017 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What a Fucking Loon. Minimalist 13 2009 October 11, 2017 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Senator Alexander Shits On The WLB's Fucking Budget Minimalist 6 1815 September 13, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus