Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 4:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What the bible says Hell is like
RE: What the bible says Hell is like
I've said this before, but in my experience:

The better Christian/Muslim someone is, the worse person they are.

The worse Christian/Muslim someone is, the better person they are.

This is a very clear trend I have noticed. The ultimate goal for a better society in my opinion, is to have paper Christians/Muslims who don't actually follow anything their book says at all, but convince themselves that they do. This seems to have pretty much already happened in many parts of England, and it works well.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 9, 2015 at 10:11 pm)robvalue Wrote: I've said this before, but in my experience:

This is a very clear trend I have noticed. The ultimate goal for a better society in my opinion, is to have paper Christians/Muslims who don't actually follow anything their book says at all, but convince themselves that they do. This seems to have pretty much already happened in many parts of England, and it works well.

cool story bro
(October 9, 2015 at 10:22 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 9, 2015 at 10:11 pm)robvalue Wrote: I've said this before, but in my experience:

cool story bro

need more dragon.
(October 8, 2015 at 5:38 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: R'Amen.  FSM Grin

(October 9, 2015 at 10:10 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 9, 2015 at 10:05 pm)dyresand Wrote: There are 2 choices with christianity you can be A. a cunt who puts all their "sin" onto some magical jewish zombie baby and not feel bad  in the end and can go off to be a monster and ask for forgiveness or B. man up and if there is a god take responsibility for your own fuck ups.

based on that, you know nothing about Christianity lol

I'd disagree, It's the great big book of multiple choice where the points don't matter and the stories are made up, So everybody is simultaneously right and wrong.

Our first hat topic is "Things Jebus might say on his first date".
FSM Grin
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(October 9, 2015 at 10:04 pm)robvalue Wrote:
(October 9, 2015 at 7:19 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote: No, I don't have one too.

I stole yours. Tongue

Fuck! When did you steal it? How long have I been feeding invisible food to nothing? Damn these unfalsifiable creatures.

It's been months! Why were you feeding it though? I just left the door open so it could go eat the invisible neighborhood cats. Big Grin
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
This fuckface preaching sumbiatch is still here?

You go off to a multi day satanic orgy and baby bbq and this is what happens. Every goddamn time!
(October 9, 2015 at 10:05 pm)dyresand Wrote: There are 2 choices with christianity you can be A. a cunt who puts all their "sin" onto some magical jewish zombie baby and not feel bad  in the end and can go off to be a monster and ask for forgiveness or B. man up and if there is a god take responsibility for your own fuck ups.

Oi fuck face i use  to be christian. 

Get your preaching ass outta here  Dodgy
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(October 9, 2015 at 10:58 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 5:38 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: R'Amen.  FSM Grin

(October 9, 2015 at 10:10 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: based on that, you know nothing about Christianity lol

I'd disagree, It's the great big book of multiple choice where the points don't matter and the stories are made up, So everybody is simultaneously right and wrong.

Our first hat topic is "Things Jebus might say on his first date".
FSM Grin

Hey babe want me to see me turn this water into wine

or 

Hey babe don't worry about that puddle of water i'll carry you over it

and finally 

i got the magic touch if you know what i mean  Tongue
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

This is the magic of Christianity. They have so many versions of their faith that, no matter what we say about the faith, it's bound to be wrong on some level of their doctrine, which allows them to claim we're just confused. Even if we're actually describing it correctly, but in sarcastic tones they don't like, they'll often say we "know nothing" because we failed to give it the deference they think it deserves.

It's kind of amazing. Danny here doesn't realize that we talk to jerks like him literally every day, year after year, all eager to tell us why and how The One True Religion™ works, and despite constant lecturing of this annoying, asinine sort, and literally hundreds of discussions about points of doctrine (none of which fully agree, I grant, but we do discuss them), they still think we don't know their religion

There are just no words, to me, for that kind of ignorant arrogance.

You know why we use funny descriptions of your beliefs, Daniel? Because the real truth, according to your mythology, is that the God whom you say created everything and thus set up the entire premise for how the universe operates created conditions of social behavior which will cause us to be tortured the moment we have real evidence (see for ourselves after death) if we don't accept a story about a blood sacrifice made to appease his vengeance over these conditions he made. He had no problem showing proof to Doubting Thomas, in the story, while Thomas was still living. He had no problem proving himself to the disciples. Yet this same story alleges that we must take the disciples' word for it, on pain of torture in the system your deity allegedly created, instead of just dying peacefully. This is a loving god?

Get the fuck out of here with that crazy shit.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(October 7, 2015 at 11:35 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: Bible teaches that Hell is NOT separation from God

Its a place of...
flaming fire
smothering smoke
dismal darkness
screaming and wailing
everlasting chains
flesh-eating worms
no rest

Read more at:
<SNIP>

Moderator Notice
Link removed for violation of the 30/30 rule.  Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the forum rules--Jenny A

I don't want argue with you on this.I agree with some but I don't agree with the first part.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two verses on hell from the bible purplepurpose 7 666 June 15, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44278 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 7021 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3515 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8693 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9926 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3566 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Who Says Godscreated 153 36090 September 15, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9388 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Billy Graham's Daughter says transgender people responsible for 9/11 Aroura 23 4949 May 15, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: abaris